Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

I honestly think this weekends round of fixtures will be the last this season.

Maybe if the Euros get postponed by one season, the league will recommence in June to finish it off, but I think it's best for all to just end it early. Harsh on the teams in the relegation zone and perhaps there has to be a play-off for that, but some things are more important than football.

Sadly I also think the effects of this virus will last for the rest of the year. It's probably the wake-up call the world needed that things are not OK.

I’ve just been talking to a friend that lives in Naples and he just told me that he’s not trying to  scare me but an estimated 70% have it  there , the Drs and nurses are struggling  to cope .  He’s  having to stay in his house for 20-28 days . Said it’s really weird no one in the streets or traffic . Told me to take it seriously. This guy lives in a rough part of Naples and doesn’t get spooked easily . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Arteta has tested positive so I'll take back the previous comment about the symptoms. The Premier League have to act now.

Definitely. If at least to contain and prevent the risk of it spreading

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’ve just been talking to a friend that lives in Naples and he just told me that he’s not trying to  scare me but an estimated 70% have it  there , the Drs and nurses are struggling  to cope .  He’s  having to stay in his house for 20-28 days . Said it’s really weird no one in the streets or traffic . Told me to take it seriously. This guy lives in a rough part of Naples and doesn’t get spooked easily . 

Thats the whole of Naples to be honest. But they are known for their resilience in that part of Italy. (Meaning I understand your post) 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Best wishes to your friend and everyone there. 

Must be terrifying for them all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

Best wishes to your friend and everyone there. 

Must be terrifying for them all. 

Cheers he said the worst thing is being bored shitless he’s been in home 8 days and already climbing  the walls and to rub salt  into his wounds he’s ran out of beer . 

9 minutes ago, Manini said:

Thats the whole of Naples to be honest. But they are known for their resilience in that part of Italy. (Meaning I understand your post) 

Yeah he said the whole place is rough but his place is In one of the roughest areas

Just now, baldeagle said:

Yeah he said the whole place is rough but his place is In one of the roughest areas

It’s basically the same as any big industrial port city in the UK. Rough round the edges but the locals don’t get phased by much. I can’t begin to imagine how worrying it must be over there. 

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Cheers he said the worst thing is being bored shitless he’s been in home 8 days and already climbing  the walls and to rub salt  into his wounds he’s ran out of beer . 

I live in Bedford and (I think) we have one of the largest populations of Italians, outside of Italy, living here. 

Most originally come from the South and are really good people. 

Appart from when they win the world cup😕😄

I'm sure many of my friends will have major concerns about their families out there. 

Hope they all stay strong 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I live in Bedford and (I think) we have one of the largest populations of Italians, outside of Italy, living here. 

Most originally come from the South and are really good people. 

Appart from when they win the world cup😕😄

I'm sure many of my friends will have major concerns about their families out there. 

Hope they all stay strong 👍

Tis true.

They can all stop their families coming here for the foreseeable future though lollol 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s basically the same as any big industrial port city in the UK. Rough round the edges but the locals don’t get phased by much. I can’t begin to imagine how worrying it must be over there. 

He said it’s really eerily quiet but on the plus side he's not heard any gun shots for a few days . No joke 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

To be fair, suspending the prem is the least of their worries.

They don’t seem to be worrying about much to be honest. At my place they’ve sent emails round saying the government advice is to carry on as normal, yet staff are self isolating all over the place.....

If the decision later this morning is to shelve the rest of the season, then it would perhaps be best to promote the top 2 teams in each division with NO relegations.

Next season, 4 teams will be relegated and 2 automatically promoted (with perhaps, for instance,  the next top 2 clubs in the Championship engaged in a playoff with the next 2 lowest-placed clubs in the EPL). After that (and perhaps a rescheduled Euro Championships in the summer of 2021), normality resumes - until the wacky WC interruption of 2022.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

If the decision later this morning is to shelve the rest of the season, then it would perhaps be best to promote the top 2 teams in each division with NO relegations.

Next season, 4 teams will be relegated and 2 automatically promoted (with perhaps, for instance,  the next top 2 clubs in the Championship engaged in a playoff with the next 2 lowest-placed clubs in the EPL). After that (and perhaps a rescheduled Euro Championships in the summer of 2021), normality resumes - until the wacky WC interruption of 2022.

Are you just posting this in every bloody thread? It’s spinning me out. 😆 

Not a nice decision for the government here, options seem to be

1. Shut it all down, limit social interactions, limit spread
  2. Reduce interaction but shutdown totally, causing some spread but encouraging resistance should the virus mutate

As someone who is immuno compromised I would favour #1 but trying to look at the bigger picture maybe #2 is actually better longer term for population at large

:dunno: 

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I honestly think this weekends round of fixtures will be the last this season.

Maybe if the Euros get postponed by one season, the league will recommence in June to finish it off, but I think it's best for all to just end it early. Harsh on the teams in the relegation zone and perhaps there has to be a play-off for that, but some things are more important than football.

Sadly I also think the effects of this virus will last for the rest of the year. It's probably the wake-up call the world needed that things are not OK.

If it was a case of ending the season now and teams being relegated, the three teams relegated could potentially sue the Premier League for a massive amount down the line? While no one is mathematically down and Villa have a game in hand. I think postponement or declaring the season null and void are more likely

I'm liking the idea of just postponing - the Euros will undoubtedly be cancelled, so restart the league when it's safe (June? July?), have 2 rounds per week until are fixtures are complete and then allow a 3 week summer/autumn break until the next season can commence. They can make other adjustments regarding transfer windows, and possibly cancel next season's Carabao Cup to ease future fixture congestion

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If it was a case of ending the season now and teams being relegated, the three teams relegated could potentially sue the Premier League for a massive amount down the line? While no one is mathematically down and Villa have a game in hand. I think postponement or declaring the season null and void are more likely

I'm liking the idea of just postponing - the Euros will undoubtedly be cancelled, so restart the league when it's safe (June? July?), have 2 rounds per week until are fixtures are complete and then allow a 3 week summer/autumn break until the next season can commence. They can make other adjustments regarding transfer windows, and possibly cancel next season's Carabao Cup to ease future fixture congestion

So maybe we shouldn’t isolate the players?

if we postponed for say 3 weeks, they could have their summer break now - together.

Bang em all on a cruise ship and get the infection party started and then they could come back and resume the season in a month or so? Well, most of them.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not a nice decision for the government here, options seem to be

1. Shut it all down, limit social interactions, limit spread
  2. Reduce interaction but shutdown totally, causing some spread but encouraging resistance should the virus mutate

As someone who is immuno compromised I would favour #1 but trying to look at the bigger picture maybe #2 is actually better longer term for population at large

:dunno: 

They seem intent on this ‘herd immunity’ so suspect no chance of option #1 and option #2 will wait until we reach the peak. 

they said That’s  4 weeks away yesterday but considering that on Monday, they predicted yesterday’s advice to be 10/14 days away (actually 4), their models could be hopeless on timings