Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

Just now, StanSP said:

I agree with him! Even watching it on TV is fvcking weird. 

Let alone what it must be like playing in an empty ground. 

Remember the england croatia game, it was odd for sure. No atmosphere does take away from the feel, felt like a training session lol 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree with him! Even watching it on TV is fvcking weird. 

Let alone what it must be like playing in an empty ground. 

They essentially grew up playing in front of barely anyone in youth games, so it'll be a throwback for them. They train every day with very little spotlight and public presence.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If 3 players have it everyone needs to isolate. The whole first teams squad and u 23's use the same training facilities.

Possible everyone at the club has it.

Then ditto...All friends,family,and last 2 games teams, Plus their staff. Not forgetting Match officials....

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Here we go again usual fox’s talk panic, no ones teased positive its only mild symptoms and have not met the full criteria so could be a flu after last game.

But the point is, if those players are having to self isolate and stay away, they won't be part of training nor the match day prep, so it's going to put teams at a disadvantage.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But the point is, if those players are having to self isolate and stay away, they won't be part of training nor the match day prep, so it's going to put teams at a disadvantage.

Exactly, plus you can go up to 5 days without showing signs of the virus apparently. So the likelihood of the whole squad having it is surely nailed on. 

Is there a major flaw in the idea (domestically atleast) that we suspend the league and all fixtures that should have been played during the suspension are just forgotten about and never played? I obviously understand revenue for smaller clubs will be an issue but there's nothing you can do about that really without some sort of payment from the FA/EFL

12 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Is there a major flaw in the idea (domestically atleast) that we suspend the league and all fixtures that should have been played during the suspension are just forgotten about and never played? I obviously understand revenue for smaller clubs will be an issue but there's nothing you can do about that really without some sort of payment from the FA/EFL

there is a big flaw for those PL clubs that are relegated on the basis that they had to play more top six clubs than others down there.  they will argue that's inherently unfair ……

as far as the lower leagues are concerned, the same argument will apply …. its a mess  

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The only right and fair way to complete the league is by using Mark Lawrenson's score predictions for all the remaining fixtures. Job done. :thumbup:

Liverpool to win by 200 points and every other team to be relegated? Seems fair...

Problem I have with all this is, this could ruin our season... let’s just say worst case scenario most of our players end up in isolation... and then no other teams suffer the same fate, what happens then?? We carry on playing with kids and the tea lady? 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem I have with all this is, this could ruin our season... let’s just say worst case scenario most of our players end up in isolation... and then no other teams suffer the same fate, what happens then?? We carry on playing with kids and the tea lady? 

Then all our games will be suspended until there's no risk of our players passing anything on.  Honestly though that won't happen, I think there's a very good chance the PL gets suspended entirely within the next couple of weeks.

9 hours ago, Ricey said:

Just read that moving Euro 2020 to Euro 2021 is not an option as the 2021 summer schedule is already full due to the Nations League, WC Qualifiers and the new 24-team Club World Cup. I mean, seriously, ditch the Nations League and Club World Cup, then move the one round of WC qualifiers to a later date. It won't happen though, UEFA and FIFA would sooner have a showpiece tournament played with no fans than cancel competitions that no one cares about.

Mirror reporting the opposite:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/coronavirus-crisis-causes-uefa-delay-21682513

As the Mirror has this story, quite possibly guesswork, but it does make sense particularly as Euros are to be played across many countries. Leaving the summer free of a major international championship would allow domestic leagues to catch up on postponed games which is important for their  integrity