Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

This shouldn't go ahead, Arsenal's match in midweek was suspended for less.

facts are facts 

arsenal players and staff had been in contact with a confirmed case under two weeks ago

some of our boys have a cough/ cold/ temperature

the club could easily have tested them to prove that they are positive but they have chosen not to at this time. 

Heard different stories on whether we are/aren’t testing 

Edited by st albans fox

I’m shocked they aren’t putting precautions in place for this weekend matches.

The advice is that open air events are less dangerous than watching it in the pub, but what about the concourses? What about people buying and consuming food and drink in a congested indoor environment?

Surely it’s a no-brainer, if these events are to go ahead with fans, to close all stalls in the concourses and have the stewards ensure fans aren’t congregating in there. The staff that would have worked the stalls could stand by the entrances/exits with hand sanitizer to try and limit any spread.

Relatively easy to organise and is going to only help preventing the spread of the virus.

It just astounds that around the world most sporting events are suspended, but in this country we aren’t even putting in place basic preventative measures.

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

No Arsenal players had symptoms, did they? 

No but given they'd come in to contact with the owner of a club they played who had contracted the disease. 

For what it's worth I think the game should be called off. Just don't think it was for less that Wednesday's was :)

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No but given they'd come in to contact with the owner of a club they played who had contracted the disease. 

For what it's worth I think the game should be called off. Just don't think it was for less that Wednesday's was :)

Arteta has tested positive so I'll take back the previous comment about the symptoms. The Premier League have to act now.

• Like 1

It’s a numbers game. The govt want to reduce the risk to the economy more than anything.

in reality, we should switch the world off for 6 months but it’s impossible. Who prepares the food? Who looks after the vulnerable? What happens with hospital workers? Fair play to China they have suppressed this. Every country should follow their lead and unite but it seems every country is vying to look after themselves.

• Like 1

It’s beyond pathetic that our Government are advising we go on as normal. Complete **** nuggets. Just suspend the league for two weeks and then see where we are, in that time develop a contingency plan in the event of it proceeding the two weeks. Like I said, no one goes down, and no one goes up..... but then again is public health more important than money?

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely they've gotta call them now

There is absolutely no way they can get away with not acting now. That’s one whole team now isolated for 14 days - other playing staff will likely test positive also. It’s finished for the time being it has to be. 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s beyond pathetic that our Government are advising we go on as normal. Complete **** nuggets. Just suspend the league for two weeks and then see where we are, in that time develop a contingency plan in the event of it proceeding the two weeks. Like I said, no one goes down, and no one goes up..... but then again is public health more important than money?

To be fair, suspending the prem is the least of their worries.