Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

36 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

let the corona people play on but wear masks and gloves

Perugia players went onto the pitch against Benevento behind closed doors with face masks in Italy last week but the Referee ordered them to be removed. 

Edited by l444ry

5 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Depends if he has a bad attitude towards the virus, of “catch me if you can”, though it would seem that did happen 

I wouldn't think so - He always comes across as a decent guy so i'm sure he doesn't deserve to be on a coronavirus "Road to Perdition"

2 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Tickets for FA Cup on sale to members now. Bought mine, hopefully not in vain...

Can't see how that game won't be cancelled or played behind doors by then. Can only assume whats happening in Italy and China will eventually happen here just a matter of when rather than if. Saying that though maybe things will drag on a little longer before that happens 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They seem reluctant to “ban” anything to avoid more mass hysteria. So I doubt any PL mass ban will take place unless multiple teams rep sort similar problems. 

The UK will act last of course, especially the big wigs of the PL, they can’t possibly make a loss (which are stil huge profits!) on their high profits for the safety of the fans that give it to them 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Didn’t they estimate the UK is 10 days behind Italy? One more game and then cancel this season.

4 weeks I think behind European countries. Peak infection predicted in 10-14 weeks, so season might just be completed, but makes sense to cancel Euros, and complete Euro competitions in the gap.

• Thanks 1

Apologies if it’s already been covered but where would we stand should UEFA suspend the Champions League & Europa League for the rest of this season? 

Would we be guaranteed a spot for next season should we finish third or will the same teams as this seasons competitions keep their place? Would be harsh on us, but also harsh on say a Wolves should they not make a Europa League spot this season but have a genuine chance of winning it this season.....

2 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

4 weeks I think behind European countries. Peak infection predicted in 10-14 weeks, so season might just be completed, but makes sense to cancel Euros, and complete Euro competitions in the gap.

No chance, the season should never be completed. Struggling to see past this weekend to be honest. Definitely should not be playing Watford if a few players are showing signs of the virus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Apologies if it’s already been covered but where would we stand should UEFA suspend the Champions League & Europa League for the rest of this season? 

Would we be guaranteed a spot for next season should we finish third or will the same teams as this seasons competitions keep their place? Would be harsh on us, but also harsh on say a Wolves should they not make a Europa League spot this season but have a genuine chance of winning it this season.....

I don’t know why they can’t do what they used to do with the pools coupon when there were games postponed and predict the results till the end of the season based on previous results or average goals or something like that. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be far off.

23 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

I'm supposed to get married in 15. **** my life.

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t know why they can’t do what they used to do with the pools coupon when there were games postponed and predict the results till the end of the season based on previous results or average goals or something like that. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t be far off.

What get Chris Sutton and Lawrenson to predict our results? Are you mad?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Not sure. 

When Luton beat Arsenal in the (littlewoods Cup final)in the 80's and made Europe, English clubs got banned after Hysel and that was Luton done for.

Not sure this will be any different. 

My guess would be that the competition will take place but all games played behind closed doors or a really small crowd in attendance. 

I suppose we'll know a bit more in the coming months depending on how severe the situation with the virus gets. 

45 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

No chance, the season should never be completed. Struggling to see past this weekend to be honest. Definitely should not be playing Watford if a few players are showing signs of the virus. 

100%, I'm amazed it hasn't been cancelled yet. We'll get pumped 2-0 by Watford then they'll decide to suspend the league on Monday next week.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100%, I'm amazed it hasn't been cancelled yet. We'll get pumped 2-0 by Watford then they'll decide to suspend the league on Monday next week.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they cancel the league at 2.30 Saturday afternoon lol  

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This shouldn't go ahead, Arsenal's match in midweek was suspended for less.