Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

They train together every day, I’m sure a team hug isn’t going to make a difference.  They’re shaking hands with the opposition. Not that it’ll make a difference, they’re all going to be in contact with each other for 90mins.

Leicester have been preparing for corona since Xmas then judging by performances 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

Another thought....

Airlines going bust because people aren't flying anywhere.

.. mosquitoes kill 2500 people A DAY.

So why were we allowing people to fly/visit these countries where mosquitoes are prevalent?

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but it's because we can vaccinate against malaria, and it's not contagious. 

There is no immunity nor vaccination for coronavirus, and it seems to be highly contagious. 

26 minutes ago, pds said:

Thought it was a wind up but the breaking news is that they're considering banning over 70s from attending Premier League matches.

What they going to do? ID check anyone who looks over 70 and arm lock them if they kick off, ridiculous. Be banning kids and the disabled next. 

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

What they going to do? ID check anyone who looks over 70 and arm lock them if they kick off, ridiculous. Be banning kids and the disabled next. 

Mrs has already banned me taking my son cos of his history of respiratory illnesses.

On 05/03/2020 at 18:32, Gary Eatfood said:

Well, I'm going to Crufts on Sunday so the idea of matches behind closed doors seems superfluous if Crufts is going ahead. I assume the Highcross is still open for business?

That’s right now isn’t it,  there’s a full fixture list this weekend with crowds.

Thinks it’s safe to say events like crufts will go well before football goes behind closed doors completely. If it even gets to that stage which it probably will but hopefully we can get the majority of the season done first.

Guest Fktf
2 hours ago, pds said:

They're considering banning over 70s from attending Premier League matches.

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Poor Roy Hodgson

Spare a thought for Bernie. Probably be the first home game he misses in half a century if they introduce a ban. 

18 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Don't kid yourself that "it's worse to go to the pub".  Here's a comparison of Spanish Flu deaths during the great 1918 pandemic (which caused more deaths than WWI and WWII combined).  St. Louis cancelled large public gatherings - Philadelphia did not.

image.thumb.png.fa284f6850aef6fefa536f234a29a3ec.png

Interesting data, it seems to show similar amount of people died?  but by letting it run riot the virus runs its course quicker.

However st loius situation is clearly better as is a chance of vaccine the longer people get and even if the same amount of people die, an extra few months of life is something.

13 hours ago, Xen said:

The death rate is also over reported because a lot of otherwise-healthy people will be infected but have minimal/no symptoms and they obviously won't be counted among the infected number. They might never even know they were infected!

That is also correct.

What I would do is report recovered/deaths, and but make it clear this only for those officially diagnosed not those who have the disease who have  never got themselves checked.

12 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Mortality rate for elderly people is around 8%. I take your point and don’t want to come across as insensitive, but the world cannot come to a standstill because people who are likely to die soon anyway will be killed by Corona Virus.

The average death rate outside of china is actually 20% overall across all age groups for those diagnosed, for the elderly it must be horrific.   Regardless though the attitude of its ok because it doesnt affect healthy people I find disgusting.  You can be unhealthy and still live for decades, so it doesnt mean you about to drop dead anyway.

Edited by Chrysalis

Actually the mortality rate in South Korea, the country which is certainly the one with the reported infected numbers closest to reality due to their massive testing initiative, is 0.6%.  That's probably closer to the true number in a country with advanced medical facilities which are readily available.