Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

First Case confirmed at LRI ... patient sent home and into self quarantine ! He will be in morrison’s later I bet 

people are so stupid to be trusted to mange this 

What would you do with him? Lock him up or execute him? 😆 

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2020 at 18:32, Gary Eatfood said:

Well, I'm going to Crufts on Sunday so the idea of matches behind closed doors seems superfluous if Crufts is going ahead. I assume the Highcross is still open for business?

Went today it was rammed so many people but only saw a couple with masks on. I know they have stopped Italians from showing their dogs this year but owners are still allowed to go to the event. 

Doesn’t really make any sense. 

(got 3rd in Great Dane open dogs) 

• Like 4

The issue in rugby is that playing games in an empty stadium deprives home team of ticket sales 

Yet in pl  ticket sales are not relevant... expect games behind closed doors  by easter. Olympics cancelled.... so to Wimbledon... best of all  .... the euros 

Edited by foxinsocks

6 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

ZGdYbgbqVG1MUjOX7TUcaPqct8yQP35pOq9-9DIWqbE.jpg

Show me as many charts as you like. The fact is "the average number of deaths in England for the last 5 flu seasons was 17000". I doubt deaths from Coronavirus in England will get anywhere near that figure in a similar period.

• Like 1

I don't get it. Just advise people to leave their house at own risk. Most people will be unaffected. The vulnerable ones need to take precautions and stay at home. Doesn't mean everyone else should be stopped. It's just the media making a big deal of it. Be sensible.

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Show me as many charts as you like. The fact is "the average number of deaths in England for the last 5 flu seasons was 17000". I doubt deaths from Coronavirus in England will get anywhere near that figure in a similar period.

If you still don't see the difference, try this 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-flu-mortality-rates-2020-3

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Above post is correct. Let's just say the demand for season tickets might not be as high come August 2020 if you survive this.

I might actually have a chance of ticket now, bring on the corona. :celebrate:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HereBeFoxes said:

You are unfortunately almost certainly wrong.  Look at China - roughly 3,000 deaths, from roughly 100,000 cases (actually somewhat fewer).  Their healthcare system is very good (as the WHO has said, they are very good at keeping people alive with this disease), so there's no reason to suspect that we'll do any better.

The government is expecting somewhere between 35% and 80% morbidity (penetration of the population) over the next 6 months or so for this disease [why won't we stop at 80,000 like China?  Because we won't/can't/don't want to enact the draconian quarantine restrictions they have in order to contain this]; taking the lower end of this (and rounding down) is 20,000,000 cases, 200x that in China.  There's no reason to assume we can get any with much fewer than 200x the deaths, or 600,000 people.

Or look at it another way - globally wherever there are enough cases to measure, about 5% of cases require hospital intensive care of some sort.  One can assume that they are put into intensive care because there's a good chance they'll die if not - hospitals don't do this lightly.  Let's say that 50% of ICU patients didn't actually need it (I think is probably a massive overestimate, but let's use it anyway, as a best case).  Therefore 50% of those needing ICU care will die without it.  5% of our already optimistic 35% or 20,000,000 cases is 1,000,000 people.  There are 4,000 ICU beds in the UK.  Let's say (and this is now wildly optimistic) that somehow we manage to make that rise tenfold and a bit to 50,000 ICU beds.  Let's further made this best best case and say those 1,000,000 ICU-needing cases are spread evenly over the 6 months (they won't be, they'll peak in the middle), and each one only needs it for 3 weeks (which is what the data show) - so 9 periods or so in 6 months.  So we have in our hypothetical case here 9x50,000 ICU places, or 450,000, for the 1,000,000 that will need them.  550,000 people therefore won't get one, and we've decided that only 50% of those needed one to stay alive - therefore 275,000 dead.  And there are several optimistic assumptions in that calculation.

If we get away with even just a few multiples of 17,000 dead just by the end of this year it will be a miracle.

The in-house isolation is not to protect YOU - you are unlikely to die as an individual -  it's to stop you spreading it.   People need to understand this point - it's a population risk problem, not an individual risk problem.  Look at the numbers above.  If we don't al work together to contain this they could easily be multiplied several times.  It can be done - look at China - don't just look at your personal risk-reward (or risk-inconvenience).

Fully get that, but if people are comfortable catching, let them be out and about. It's not deadly unless you are vulnerable and old. If that's you, don't leave the house. Otherwise crack on if you are willing to be ill for a week or two. I'm not gonna stop living and panicking just for the sake of the virus spreading, which it will anyway.

Once they work a bit harder on the cure, things will become much more manageable. Won't be much lonher to endure. Maybe the media will move back onto Brexit when this blows over.

23 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Fully get that, but if people are comfortable catching, let them be out and about. It's not deadly unless you are vulnerable and old. If that's you, don't leave the house. Otherwise crack on if you are willing to be ill for a week or two. I'm not gonna stop living and panicking just for the sake of the virus spreading, which it will anyway.

Once they work a bit harder on the cure, things will become much more manageable. Won't be much lonher to endure. Maybe the media will move back onto Brexit when this blows over.

What about the elderly who have no choice but to be out and about, shopping, and keeping medical appointments, that you may come into contact with and infect? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Went today it was rammed so many people but only saw a couple with masks on. I know they have stopped Italians from showing their dogs this year but owners are still allowed to go to the event. 

I was expecting it to be less busy this year. I also heard there were fewer international entries and Crufts had put it down to Brexit.

Congrats on the placing.

• Thanks 1

I think it maybe the right call to play the games behind closed doors

Its to big a risk to health and saftey surley to do otherwise at this stage

I do think health comes above all else and let the fa step in and fund the shortfall for lower league clubs

it looks a crisis is looming and we cant run from it.

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

funny how everyone becomes a medical expert as soon as there is some fear to spread. coronavirus sounding like a 2 weeks holiday to me tbh. government mandated laziness yes please.

If only we had a willy puller emoji, I've never seen a better time for it to be used :nigel:

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

What about the elderly who have no choice but to be out and about, shopping, and keeping medical appointments, that you may come into contact with and infect? 

Yeah, well maybe they could go to the shops Monday to Friday when it's quieter for a change rather than rocking up on Saturday, chatting shit and blocking up the frigging aisles when I'm trying to buy my fruit and veg. 🤨

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

mad cause i dont fear covid 19? should i be buying 200 tins of baked beans and building a bunker?

Obviously not, but viewing it as a possible holiday makes you look like a bit of a cvnt imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Good for you!

Love Great Danes.

My malamute won most handsome dog at ...err... Lynton village fete...

Anyway...oh yeah, back on topic... as you were...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Obviously not, but viewing it as a possible holiday makes you look like a bit of a cvnt imo. 

how exactly does it make me a ****? i get 2 weeks off, and definitely wont die, and a lot of people who get it experience very mild symptoms, so its quite literally is a 2 week holiday. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

So the elderly have no choice but to be out and about but 99% of other people should stay inside? OK.

You do know that governments in places like China deliver goods to houses. Is that not a solution for those vulnerable? Stay inside and get everything they need. Rather than drag 99% of people who aren't in serious danger into self isolating and bringing the economy down further than it needs to be.

• Like 1