Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

38 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The winter flu is more deadly so this is just a massive over reaction. 

I don’t want to eat my words here but in terms of death, I don’t think Corona Virus is a big deal. It mainly seems to affect people who have respiratory issues / are off poor health anyway, which is similar to flu.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

It would be quite funny to see Liverpool win the title at Anfield with no crowd. 

For that reason, I'm in. 

Ha excellent.

We should organise a 250,000 Victoria Park job for this.

6 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Heres the deal.You go to a football match and are probably close for the game to about 30 folk .No match and you go to Fosse park and the pub and get close to 200

Then add in the people that you're walking amongst to and from the game, the concourses and toilets. There's a few thousand travelling fans and the home fans that live elsewhere taking trains and coaches too which I'd imagine makes diseases very transmissible 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I don’t want to eat my words here but in terms of death, I don’t think Corona Virus is a big deal. It mainly seems to affect people who have respiratory issues / are off poor health anyway, which is similar to flu.

I'm not saying we face imminent apocalypse, but check out how the Italian's are really struggling to keep people alive, 41 deaths in 24 hours. That could well be us in a week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I just thought, one positive thing, it might help Chillers in his quest to find the confidence and form he had last season.

At least no one would be moaning and groaning at him.

The year is 2021 and 5000 people remain alive in the UK and the above will be celebrated in the streets as the overwhelming positive of it all.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

No big deal if 500,00 elderly people/people with respiratory problems die that wouldn't have done otherwise, not at all, nope

Plus others due to the NHS collapsing.  No ambulance response to cardiac arrest etc.

The media are also under reporting the death rate they doing infected/deaths which assumes everyone currently infected will survive.

Guest bss9401

It is a very serious matter for all of us because pretty much everyone has a close relative or friend who is in the vulnerable group. As such few will want to contract the virus and risk passing it on to them. 

Furthermore the litigation culture we live in makes the possibility of the cancelling of events increasingly likely because no-one wants to be seen as being responsible for the spread of the virus.  

Don't kid yourself that "it's worse to go to the pub".  Here's a comparison of Spanish Flu deaths during the great 1918 pandemic (which caused more deaths than WWI and WWII combined).  St. Louis cancelled large public gatherings - Philadelphia did not.

image.thumb.png.fa284f6850aef6fefa536f234a29a3ec.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

It spreads faster, however, and there’s no drugs against it.

I was vaguely blaisé about it but then I realised I have a friend with respiratory problems.

She’s much more at risk, even of death, since her immune system is fairly weak.

Any pneumonia is a risk but this one speads quicker and there’s no drugs against it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Don't kid yourself that "it's worse to go to the pub".  Here's a comparison of Spanish Flu deaths during the great 1918 pandemic (which caused more deaths than WWI and WWII combined).  St. Louis cancelled large public gatherings - Philadelphia did not.

image.thumb.png.fa284f6850aef6fefa536f234a29a3ec.png

Interesting, I wonder why it continued for longer in st Louis. Is that because the people in Philli who were going to die of it, already had? 

Edited by Foxhateram

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It spreads faster, however, and there’s no drugs against it.

I was vaguely blaisé about it but then I realised I have a friend with respiratory problems.

She’s much more at risk, even of death, since her immune system is fairly weak.

Any pneumonia is a risk but this one speads quicker and there’s no drugs against it yet.

The relevant point on this is that none of us have any immunity against this virus ...... we all have some level of immunity against ‘normal’ flu virus’ and their mutations as we’ve been in contact with them before ......hence this virus will spread much more quickly through the population than the standard flu virus’ ......

I would wonder if those who are more susceptible to getting the flu or have in the past had bad doses of the flu be more concerned than those who have not.  Of course those with underlying health issues are clearly at high risk. 

• Like 2