Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

8 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I'm not saying we face imminent apocalypse, but check out how the Italian's are really struggling to keep people alive, 41 deaths in 24 hours. That could well be us in a week.

41 deaths isn't to be sneezed at..

But what's the population of Italy?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Interesting, I wonder why it continued for longer in st Louis. Is that because the people in Philli who were going to die of it, already had? 

Yes, when you look at that massive spike, it went up to at least 5x the highest it ever got in St. Louis for about a week.

The really nasty thing about the 1918 H1N1 is that it disproportionately targeted otherwise healthy young adults.  It was a terrifying ordeal worldwide, and the threat was underestimated (not least in the U.S.) until it was too late.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The media are also under reporting the death rate they doing infected/deaths which assumes everyone currently infected will survive.

The death rate is also over reported because a lot of otherwise-healthy people will be infected but have minimal/no symptoms and they obviously won't be counted among the infected number. They might never even know they were infected!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

PL have scrapped the pre match handshake, just been announced.

However, and I don’t understand this, players will line up but not shake hands lol

I’ve never liked it anyway, let them run out like the old days.

They want to be seen as doing something, but also they want to be able to do the dramatic camera pan over the players and keep Sky happy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

No big deal if 500,00 elderly people/people with respiratory problems die that wouldn't have done otherwise, not at all, nope

Mortality rate for elderly people is around 8%. I take your point and don’t want to come across as insensitive, but the world cannot come to a standstill because people who are likely to die soon anyway will be killed by Corona Virus.

• Haha 1

So the players won't be shaking hands before the game,  but I bet they'll still pile up on top of each other when they score or do the play ground handshake thing in celebration. Guaranteed that at least half of them will be spitting and clearing the their nostrils all over the place. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think if this happens the council should put everyone who had tickets in one location to watch the games, what do you recon?

Absolutely. Jam as many people into the Morningside arena as possible. Turn off the air conditioning to make sure there's no outside interference with the air supply.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Speaking as an elderly person can I just say how refreshing it is to hear your point so well expressed?

To save the world any more inconvenience I should self-destruct at the earliest available opportunity.

Sorry for causing so much trouble.

Shame I never got to see us win the Cup but - it's the least I can do...

Don’t worry Stoo - there will be plenty of others self destructing with you on Monday night after Samatta scores a header in the 6th minute

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Speaking as an elderly person can I just say how refreshing it is to hear your point so well expressed?

To save the world any more inconvenience I should self-destruct at the earliest available opportunity.

Sorry for causing so much trouble.

Shame I never got to see us win the Cup but - it's the least I can do...

I didn't mean to cause any offence, so apologies if I did. My point was that mortality rate is still incredibly low. The reality is that If we cut trade off with China and other countries in that region then our economy will see a massive knock-on effect. 

The world should not come to standstill for something that will only kill a minority, a lot of whom will be in poor health circumstances anyway. As I’ve said above, I did not mean to cause offence.

22 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I didn't mean to cause any offence, so apologies if I did. My point was that mortality rate is still incredibly low. The reality is that If we cut trade off with China and other countries in that region then our economy will see a massive knock-on effect. 

The world should not come to standstill for something that will only kill a minority, a lot of whom will be in poor health circumstances anyway. As I’ve said above, I did not mean to cause offence.

Keep digging.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

A bit of perspective... 90000 cases worldwide it started in china weeks ago and in a country of 1.4 billions and world wide as well about 3000 have died. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

A bit of perspective... 90000 cases worldwide it started in china weeks ago and in a country of 1.4 billions and world wide as well about 3000 have died. 

but the numbers are growing quickly and without any control/slowing down. Containment wholly unsuccessful and no cure or understanding of it.

• Like 1