Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

5 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why the shock about self interest?I would expect any club in relegation bother to pull every trick going for an advantage.Who can blame them?Who fancies a trip down to the championship in this climate?If it was our lot, i would expect exactly the same feet dragging,yes but no but and what ifs.It’s their job.

Not only that, but everybody on here would be saying how unfair it would be to play in neutral venues and it was a plot by the FA to relegate us.

• Like 2

Neutral venues with no fans compared to home grounds with no fans isn't really the biggest hardship. Yes you might not have your own dressing room and routines but it will resemble the same type of match whatever the venue.

51 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why the shock about self interest?I would expect any club in relegation bother to pull every trick going for an advantage.Who can blame them?Who fancies a trip down to the championship in this climate?If it was our lot, i would expect exactly the same feet dragging,yes but no but and what ifs.It’s their job.

44 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not only that, but everybody on here would be saying how unfair it would be to play in neutral venues and it was a plot by the FA to relegate us.

36 minutes ago, Corky said:

Neutral venues with no fans compared to home grounds with no fans isn't really the biggest hardship. Yes you might not have your own dressing room and routines but it will resemble the same type of match whatever the venue.

No shock at all but don’t pretend it’s anything but that and hide behind safety and a whole load of other things ......

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

No shock at all but don’t pretend it’s anything but that and hide behind safety and a whole load of other things ......

Tactical surely.First frustrate and delay,use pitch dimensions as an excuse if needs be.Which one volunteers as the first to say the truth though?Who wants to be that club?

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Leagues 1 and 2 abandoned 

no decision on placings .......

No wonder.Every problem the prem is facing to complete minus the finance.More chaos with relegation/promotion issues.How long before the championship goes the same way?

9 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

No wonder.Every problem the prem is facing to complete minus the finance.More chaos with relegation/promotion issues.How long before the championship goes the same way?

I think it’s inevitable due to the cost of staging the fixtures with no income. The TV games on sky are worth 100k or so .....if the clubs agree to spread the money around all the clubs then you never know .....

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s inevitable due to the cost of staging the fixtures with no income. The TV games on sky are worth 100k or so .....if the clubs agree to spread the money around all the clubs then you never know .....

Decisions are now beginning to be made for them.Would you say relegation/promotion is more or less likely to be given in lge1/2.If it’s less likely then surely the championship doesn’t go ahead?If the Championship doesn’t go ahead then how can you relegate from the Prem?If theirs so many dead rubber matches then the integrity of the whole thing is in ruins.

11 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Decisions are now beginning to be made for them.Would you say relegation/promotion is more or less likely to be given in lge1/2.If it’s less likely then surely the championship doesn’t go ahead?If the Championship doesn’t go ahead then how can you relegate from the Prem?If theirs so many dead rubber matches then the integrity of the whole thing is in ruins.

I could see a scenario where current positions are used re promotion/relegation and those clubs (play off positions) who have an issue are told to just get on with it ...... the greater good is more important than their issues.  We could possibly see only two promoted and relegated between  prem/championship. 

If the clubs got together, in every division, and decided all games were pay per view to a worldwide audience, then broadcast the games on their own websites, for the ppv fee, i'm fairly sure they'd make more money than they earn from sky etc.

• Like 2

Teams will be allowed to use five substitutes when the season resumes after a Fifa proposal to help with fixture congestion was approved. 
The change applies to competitions due to be completed within this calendar year, and the decision on whether to implement the changes is for each relevant competition organiser. 
There is also an option to stop using the video assistant referee system because of safety concerns over officials working together in a small room for the duration of matches. 
Most leagues around the world have been halted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Germany's Bundesliga is due to resume next week, while the Premier League's Project Restart has a prospective resumption next month.
The International Football Association Board (Ifab), football's rule-making body, has agreed to a temporary change to the laws of the game in order to protect player welfare.
"The temporary amendment comes into force with immediate effect, and has been made as matches may be played in a condensed period in different weather conditions, both of which could have impacts on player welfare," Ifab said in a statement.
Ifab and Fifa will decide at a later stage whether to extend the ruling to the 2020-21 season.
How it will work
■   Each team will be allowed to use a maximum of five substitutes.
■   To reduce disruption to the match, each team will have a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the game; substitutions may also be made at half-time.
■   If both teams make a substitution at the same time, this will count as one of the three opportunities for each team.
■   Unused substitutions and opportunities are carried forward into extra time.
■   Where competition rules allow an additional substitution in extra time, teams will each have one additional substitution opportunity; substitutions may also be made before the start of extra time and at half-time in extra time.          

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If the clubs got together, in every division, and decided all games were pay per view to a worldwide audience, then broadcast the games on their own websites, for the ppv fee, i'm fairly sure they'd make more money than they earn from sky etc.

I doubt Stockport County have much of a worldwide following.

• Like 1

Guest Fktf
9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5 substitutions shouldn't even be an option, what a load of shit.

Why? 

3 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Why? 

• Gives the teams with more resources an even bigger advantage
  • Changing the rules of the game too much, it shouldn't just be changed to try and push through the rest of the season
  • They said it's being changed to ensure the safety of players and make it easier on them, yet they're willing to make them play while a deadly virus is spreading through the country, hypocrisy.
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:
  • Gives the teams with more resources an even bigger advantage
  • Changing the rules of the game too much, it shouldn't just be changed to try and push through the rest of the season
  • They said it's being changed to ensure the safety of players and make it easier on them, yet they're willing to make them play while a deadly virus is spreading through the country, hypocrisy.

I guess this isn’t something we’ve ever seen before. Playing two games a week for five weeks in the summer ...... international tournaments provide for squad rotation as some games are easier in the group stages etc etc.   Whilst we may not see temps in the eighties all the time, countries to our south will ..... I expect this is a decision taken to try and avoid a disaster where a player may contract CV off the back of their bodies being completely stressed with terrible consequences.....

I dont agree with it but I do understand it. Teams with bigger squads can rotate starting line ups without losing much quality. Teams with smaller squads may not feel they have the luxury to do that and being able to bring on five fresh players as the game progresses may protect some of their more talented players from being played 90 mins every three/four days. 

13 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

no but, i bet there's more of a following worldwide than actually go to the games. 

Having lived in the town I can categorically deny that. Most there support Man City or United. Stockport is traditionally a blue town. 

They were once a steady league team but now scrape the non league. They get between 4-5,000 at most games, which is massive for a non league club but they don't have a fanbase outside of that. 

The only real clubs that would benefit from a direct ppv deal would be Manchester clubs, Liverpool and the red, white and blue in London.

• Like 1