Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

no, but this stalling tactic might be their best hope? I dunno mate. I can't really see how playing in an empty neutral venue is much more of a disadvantage than an empty home stadium, given that it is the same less than ideal circumstances for all?

I tend to agree really..

Our home form is pretty patchy and we have you / Man City to play which would be very tough regardless of where we played!

Norwich at home is a big one but then West Ham have us so would kind of evened out there .

Edited by Super_horns

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

German Bundesliga restart already disrupted as the whole of the Dresden squad are quarantined after 2 players test positive. 

Bundesliga: Dynamo Dresden's entire squad in isolation just a week before restart - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

This could stall the restart in Germany on Saturday which in turn could stall the proposed premier league restart.

End the season now in all countries & plan to stsrt the new season in August, if possible.

Current league positions to stand for all EU qualification & relegation purposes.

Some will be happy, some won't but lives will certainly be saved.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, boots60 said:

This could stall the restart in Germany on Saturday which in turn could stall the proposed premier league restart.

End the season now in all countries & plan to stsrt the new season in August, if possible.

Current league positions to stand for all EU qualification & relegation purposes.

Sadly .. premier league relegation is more important than lives.

But I agree with you all positions stand and just end the season. Can even promote 2 teams for all I care and make it 22 team league with 5 relegation next year. Scrap cup replays and other rubbish that makes a league longer like enter premier league teams in 4th round FA and league cup.

Edited by les-tah

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Breaking News is that 3 Brighton players have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Convenient? 

They already had two a while ago - the third is a new one ....

im not sure that it matters prior to the club going into a pre resumption bubble with testing before that to take anyone infected out of the equation at that point . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boots60 said:

do you expect people to die off the back of the premier league playing out its fixtures through late June and July ??? 

Just now, st albans fox said:

They already had two a while ago - the third is a new one ....

im not sure that it matters prior to the club going into a pre resumption bubble with testing before that to take anyone infected out of the equation at that point . 

Thanks - I didn’t know that background 

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Breaking News is that 3 Brighton players have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Convenient? 

I’ve just read their chief executives comments, he doesn’t seem keen at all. Saying this new case has come despite them taking numerous precautions. 

The thing is even if this season gets scrapped and a new one starts in August, the virus will still be around and footballers will still catch it.

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ve just read their chief executives comments, he doesn’t seem keen at all. Saying this new case has come despite them taking numerous precautions. 

The thing is even if this season gets scrapped and a new one starts in August, the virus will still be around and footballers will still catch it.

Which is why we have to be rational about it. If the danger is high then of course it can't restart. However, the procedure should be to isolate the one player, test the rest and continue as normal. 

No wonder Brighton are worried.If the whole thing collapsed after two games they could well find themselves being in the bottom three.I for one have huge sympathy for their plight and I don’t particularly hold a candle for Brighton.No doubt the clubs most at risk are playing the delay tactic.They’ve probably got their heads together and agreed this course of action.If they come out and say the truth it completely exposes their positions.Getting rid of relegation is one thing.Is every body going to be happy with letting Leeds and WBA being promoted though?I doubt it.

Might as well face it, anyone expecting this 'project restart' to happen is going to be massively disappointed. There's too much noise coming from the sides worried about relegation. 

We all need to just embrace the delights of Belarusian football for a while. 

What happened to the proposal to increase the size of the PL by two next season by having no relegation this year and two promoted. 

Playoffs unlikely to happen anyway so two up reasonable. Five down the following year of course but what the heck at least no-one is disadvantaged.

No league cup for the PL would provide space.

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

No wonder Brighton are worried.If the whole thing collapsed after two games they could well find themselves being in the bottom three.I for one have huge sympathy for their plight and I don’t particularly hold a candle for Brighton.No doubt the clubs most at risk are playing the delay tactic.They’ve probably got their heads together and agreed this course of action.If they come out and say the truth it completely exposes their positions.Getting rid of relegation is one thing.Is every body going to be happy with letting Leeds and WBA being promoted though?I doubt it.

I would have view that you go with ppg now or play to a completion under the new regs.  . If the restart goes ahead and the league has to be cancelled before game 38 is done, then we revert to the ppg situation ppg that exists now. ...... mind you, that’s fraught with bad outcomes too! 

Why have sympathy for Brighton? Like almost every other PL club, they've had 29 opportunities this season to avoid being in the position they are now. Tbh, having seen how hard they've tried to avoid relegation using other means, I like to see them go down.

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Brighton CEO seems to be quoted virtually every day about something.

Sign of the times and attitude some have  ( on Twitter ) that they think Brighton are making their players having Coronavirus all up to avoid playing the season !

Yes they really would do that ...

Football isn't that sick and self centred surely ?

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would have view that you go with ppg now or play to a completion under the new regs.  . If the restart goes ahead and the league has to be cancelled before game 38 is done, then we revert to the ppg situation ppg that exists now. ...... mind you, that’s fraught with bad outcomes too! 

Why would a club in Brighton’s situation want to take that risk?

5 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why would a club in Brighton’s situation want to take that risk?

My point being that if it has to stop at some point in the nine game resumption then the table is potentially even more artificial than it is now ?? 

they don’t want to take any risk. - that’s why they’re arguing not to restart ......

30 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Why have sympathy for Brighton? Like almost every other PL club, they've had 29 opportunities this season to avoid being in the position they are now. Tbh, having seen how hard they've tried to avoid relegation using other means, I like to see them go down.

Because it isn’t the Suffolk old boys Sunday league division 6? It’s the PL where the financial stakes are huge at the best of times.The batch of clubs at the bottom can’t come out yet as it would set up a them and us situation.So delay delay delay.I don’t blame them quite frankly.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A 3rd player testing positive for the virus at Brighton.

If all these are recent cases you'd suggest they aren't following protocols properly. 

Or it’s just a smokescreen to prevent the season restarting :ph34r:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

do you expect people to die off the back of the premier league playing out its fixtures through late June and July ??? 

...a bit harsh!!!!

Just one person dying due to a player having been infected due to the resumption of the league is one too many.

The protocol is now isolation and then test, being put in a position where you are indirectly putting your family in danger in the haste to restart is folly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a bit harsh!!!!

Just one person dying due to a player having been infected due to the resumption of the league is one too many.

The protocol is now isolation and then test, being put in a position where you are indirectly putting your family in danger in the haste to restart is folly.

The post I was responding to Said ‘lives would be saved’ if we didn’t restart .......... I was just querying that definitive statement ???