Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You have to sign to accept furlough or ‘the job retention scheme’ as it is officially named. If players don’t accept it their employment rights are not affected, and they will still be due the balance of their contracts. Why would they accept it?

They wouldn’t .....

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know if I am missing anything but EFL seem very quiet on their plans, apart from a couple of mentions on their concerns regarding clubs futures. I suppose they are waiting to see what the Premier League do first. The clubs at this level surely need to know what is happening sooner rather than later, I expect them to cancel their seasons with no promotions and relegations, potentially massive fortune for Bolton. You can't promote Leeds and West Brom as they haven't achieved promotion, yet if we do finish the PL season and have relegation, someone will have to be promoted?

EFL chairman confirmed today he intends to have promotion and relegation whether the season completes or not

@Ashley said we were due to return next week, wonder if we are one of the clubs mentioned?

Premier League clubs have delayed their highly anticipated return to training by a week as Project Restart hit another roadblock on Tuesday.

Provided the Government relaxes lockdown rules on Sunday, some clubs were due to return to their training grounds next Monday to commence small group training.

However, Sportsmail can reveal a number of teams have delayed their returns until May 18 at the earliest amid growing concerns over player welfare.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Paywalled, but the concerns listed (there are many) all look valid.

There are just too many unknowns about this virus for club medics to shoulder the liability of producing ‘safe’ guidelines. And it’d have to be a really brave executive to shoulder the liability of giving the go-ahead in the face of doctors‘ concerns.

That's a pretty stupid question, if that's how it was formed.  They are football club doctors - if they are afraid of approving guidelines that carry risk of death, then they shouldn't be involved in football.  Have they not heard of Marco Vivien Foe?  Phil O'Donnell?  From rugby, Danny Jones?  There are numerous incidents of players sent out to play who died in action.  If doctors say they aren't willing to approve playing unless there is zero chance of death, then that is the end of football and every other activity too,

140 people under 40, most of them seriously ill already, have died with coronavirus in this country.  The risk to footballers is not high.  If they want furlough, fine.  If they want pay and play, fine.  If they want paying without playing, they can ... ... ... words fail me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's a pretty stupid question, if that's how it was formed.  They are football club doctors - if they are afraid of approving guidelines that carry risk of death, then they shouldn't be involved in football.  Have they not heard of Marco Vivien Foe?  Phil O'Donnell?  From rugby, Danny Jones?  There are numerous incidents of players sent out to play who died in action.  If doctors say they aren't willing to approve playing unless there is zero chance of death, then that is the end of football and every other activity too,

140 people under 40, most of them seriously ill already, have died with coronavirus in this country.  The risk to footballers is not high.  If they want furlough, fine.  If they want pay and play, fine.  If they want paying without playing, they can ... ... ... words fail me.

They might as well just cancel next season now if they're approaching this with a zero risk hat on.

I'm by no means saying this is as a reason for football to continue but millions of people have no choice but to live with, what are individually varying risks of this virus, and millions more are going to also not have that choice soon. As you say , if they don't wanna play, stop drawing a wage, but if they're gonna keep drawing a wage then live with a situation where risk is non zero but very very low still. 

What difference would short halves make?

Ridiculous suggestion. The man is a joke.

Germany could restart the Bundesliga on the 15th May. 

Shame on France and others!!!

37 minutes ago, FIF said:

Germany could restart the Bundesliga on the 15th May. 

Already been pushed back once to this date and I can't see it happening on 15th. 1 Gladbach player and their physio tested positive just the other day. 

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Best to pick a German team to start supporting. I'll go with Hoffenheim

Rather than picking a team as such i'm just going to follow certain players that I love from that league: Leon Bailey, Milot Rashica, Haaland, Marcus Thuram, Luca Waldschmidt, Josip Brekalo to name a few

Brighton really annoying me now. Making loads of noise about neutral venues despite their home games being Arsenal, Utd, City and Liverpool.

I know it would be really funny if Liverpool were denied, but for the good of the game this season needs to reach some sort of conclusion I feel. And that's not just because we'd probably be the second biggest loser if it were void.

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Brighton really annoying me now. Making loads of noise about neutral venues despite their home games being Arsenal, Utd, City and Liverpool.

I know it would be really funny if Liverpool were denied, but for the good of the game this season needs to reach some sort of conclusion I feel. And that's not just because we'd probably be the second biggest loser if it were void.

I know its not the point but its frustrating to see its vanilla Brighton kicking up a fuss.

If they got relegated no one outside Brighton fans would even notice they were gone.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

I wonder if that’d include a “you’re sh*t, ahhhhhhhh” for Leicester fans. 

The Millwall board options are:

You fackin caaantttttt!

Wallop 'im!

That stupid 'Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

'You dirty northern bastards' (against any teams north of Barnet)

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's Leipzig for me. Why? Like City, they're third in the league, and their name shares the same first three letters as City.

49 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Was going to select Dortmund but thats too obvious.

I'm going full hipster and selecting Union Berlin.

Are other leagues like the Bundesliga going to be playing in neutral grounds? I don't understand the obsession of it, is it just because we feel fans will still turn up outside the ground? Chances are fans will still try and get to whatever neutral venue their team is playing at lets be honest.