Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see the 5 subs rule become permanent. If it makes for a more exciting, higher tempo game, why not?

It wont if you are losing 1-0 against some shithouse team in the last 10 minutes. Basically a 2 minute walk off the pitch for every substitution! :unsure:

If they want to make the game higher tempo make time wasting an instant red card. 

28 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see the 5 subs rule become permanent. If it makes for a more exciting, higher tempo game, why not?

That's not the case in international football, once the subs start rolling in often game over.

Also games often open up in the second half when some tiredness comes into play, I don't like the idea of more subs at all.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They are certainly intending on trying to finish the EL and CL so not sure what the plan on fixtures dates is, be a nightmare for countries that have already ended their leagues?

The French ended the season but Lyon and PSG are still in the CL, makes things awkward for them if they've ceased training. As does the quarantine rules for people entering certain counties with teams still in Europe, although they could be recinded by the time matches are to take place.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It wont if you are losing 1-0 against some shithouse team in the last 10 minutes. Basically a 2 minute walk off the pitch for every substitution! :unsure:

If they want to make the game higher tempo make time wasting an instant red card. 

There’s no longer a reason though why players can’t go of far the side of the pitch, so that will be enforced by referees. 

The five subs can only occur in instances of three stoppages. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s no longer a reason though why players can’t go of far the side of the pitch, so that will be enforced by referees. 

The five subs can only occur in instances of three stoppages. 

I think you're giving them way too much credit there haha

5 subs makes a lot of sense. If it's over 3 instances as states then it also won't slow the game down anymore than usual.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think the quality of our squad is underated. Don't get me wrong it's not quite at spurs, Liverpool or either of the two Manchester clubs level.

Praet, Choudhury, Gray, ineacho, Fuchs, Mendy, Albrighton would all arguably be starters for at least half of the club's in the premier league.

Not sure its about quality though …. its fresh legs …. our style of play attempts to wear the opposition out (look how strong our second half stats are) ……..having five subs will negate that somewhat ……. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Follow on tweet from the above, would that put these teams at an advantage of game more time or disadvanatage for an earlier kick off?

Advantage at first, as their players will be a bit more sharp come the 2nd game. But an extra game in congested fixtures will hit them further down the line. Especially those in other competitions. 

Its the the right way to do it though. As if something happens and the games stop we want to have everyone played the same amount of games. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Advantage at first, as their players will be a bit more sharp come the 2nd game. But an extra game in congested fixtures will hit them further down the line. Especially those in other competitions. 

Its the the right way to do it though. As if something happens and the games stop we want to have everyone played the same amount of games. 

Yep fully agree with this. I think if all teams were on equal games the chances of the season finishing there and then would’ve been much higher. 

With the rumoured proposed tv schedule, weekends will be great again! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think you're giving them way too much credit there haha

5 subs makes a lot of sense. If it's over 3 instances as states then it also won't slow the game down anymore than usual.

I’m just going from what’s occurred in the Bundesliga. 

17 hours ago, Walkers said:

Seeing some keyworks on social media questing how its possible footballers are catching this yet they have been on the frontline for the last 2/3 months and not caught it, and presuming they must be breaking lockdown rules. **** me I need a break from the internet

Same people also failing to understand that footballers also go food shopping, recommending instead that they send their "PA" to do it for them

Which is why the players should have been isolated once training started.

If you allowing players to go home, what did we expect to happen?

14 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

If players start getting covid thats harsh on their respective teams if they have to play without them. Sure,  it could be an "injury" but it's not is it?

To me if a player is out due to covid, the game doesnt go on until the player is back healthy. Physical injuries is a different story as is the common flu.

Imagine 3 or 4 of your starters contracted covid, is it fair for the team to play without them for 2 to 3 games as they isolate for 2 plus weeks?

If we do what you say "whilst" letting players go home in between sessions then it will never get done.

It simply has to be treated as an injury.

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think the full story has been reported by the media. Deeney asked the SAGE scientists on a conference call for assurances regards BAME persons and CV19, they admit they were not in a position to do that. 

Two weeks on with more data and research, the SAGE scientists were able to prove patterns and give assurances. 

All Deeney wanted was that. It wasn’t an all out action against a return

How is Deeney able to get on a conference call with scientists?  Also did they make these patterns public? if not why not?

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm surprised they aren't trying to get the league done in 4-5 weeks playing 3 games a week and being allowed to use 5 subs.

The FA Cup will be less of a priority but could play in to our hands if Chelsea rest a massive amount of their first choice and we roll the dice.

Agreed, it seems a very lax schedule, I would have thought at least 2 games a week.

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

How is Deeney able to get on a conference call with scientists?  Also did they make these patterns public? if not why not?

All 20 PL managers had a conference call with SAGE scientists. Subsequently followed up by all 20 PL captains and then repeated again this week. 

The patterns released to Deeney and et al are all part of the ongoing study regards a connection of BAME persons and Covid 19. 

Was originally reported in the Athletic and has been picked up again this week in such articles as this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52831522

42 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

If we do what you say "whilst" letting players go home in between sessions then it will never get done.

It simply has to be treated as an injury.

Totally understand that just saying it could make a huge difference if it impacted one team more than others.

Can't please every scenario i get that too.

20 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

All 20 PL managers had a conference call with SAGE scientists. Subsequently followed up by all 20 PL captains and then repeated again this week. 

The patterns released to Deeney and et al are all part of the ongoing study regards a connection of BAME persons and Covid 19. 

Was originally reported in the Athletic and has been picked up again this week in such articles as this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52831522

Thanks for the info, I guess I am just surprised that managers and captains have been granted access to these scientists.

Shows how much importance EPL football is considered to the government.