Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The pl is non essential.  It's a lot of trouble when liverpool have won. The euro places are given and villa and Bournemouth will be relegated with Norwich.... there's no point in going to all this trouble

So when do we restart then next September? It's an absolutely bizarre fantasy to think next season should start or finish with a second wave likely next autumn/winter.

I guarantee there wont be many clubs left by then.

Same applies to bars and restaurants, do we wait until a vaccine? Or do we do the less stupid absolute destruction of the economic and social future of the country when les than 1% of those fit and healthy  under 45 are very unlikely to suffer complications.

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

So when do we restart then next September? It's an absolutely bizarre fantasy to think next season should start or finish with a second wave likely next autumn/winter.

I guarantee there wont be many clubs left by then.

Same applies to bars and restaurants, do we wait until a vaccine? Or do we do the less stupid absolute destruction of the economic and social future of the country when les than 1% of those fit and healthy  under 45 are very unlikely to suffer complications.

So what do you want to do? Open everything? Go back to some kind of normality?

Germany and South Korea have eased restrictions for a few days and are already seeing more infections.

So what if the figures suggest 1% die? That's 1% too much.

I take it you'd be happy if some of that 1% would be a member of your family then?

On 07/05/2020 at 21:07, Abrasive fox said:

If they took a 30% pay cut at 50% tax rate  theyre actually taking money away from the nhs which is tax payer funded, and would you rather trust a bunch of working class players to do the right thing with that money or Ashley, Levy and Co?

EPL players are not working class players, they millionaires.

As for the club owners, dont know, but what I do know is the refusal to take a cut is shameful.

if my employer's business freezes up, and I am asked to take a pay cut, do I take it? hell yeah, regardless of how watertight my contract is, because I have dignity.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 10/05/2020 at 00:36, FoyleFox said:

German Bundesliga restart already disrupted as the whole of the Dresden squad are quarantined after 2 players test positive. 

Bundesliga: Dynamo Dresden's entire squad in isolation just a week before restart - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52601471

If they had to do that then it meant they let the players meet up with each before test results were done, which is stupid.

Common sense, you keep players apart until tests are done, those who test clean are then allowed to mingle but are isolated from rest of world until season done.

Its not rocket science but simple things are been messed up.

• Like 1

This was such a fun season until coronavirus too... Even if you take away the fact that we are one of the best teams in the league this season, so much funny and interesting stuff has happened. Arsenal, Man United, Spurs being incredibly useless, Sheffield Utd being awesome, the competitiveness for Europa League places and relegation, Nige's Watford trouncing the best team to play in the Premier League (statistically) 3-0, Mourinho joining Spurs. What a shame.

I am a big believer now in just declaring the season finished with Liverpool champs and no relegation with the top 2 in the Championship promoted to make a 22 team comp starting in August/September this year. The Championship should stay as 22 teams for 1 season and Leagues 1 and 2 the same for those that survive this. 

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

giphy.gif

Easiest way for the season to restart. Should provide comical rolling around fake injuries above the norm too. 

Watching Grealish would be fun.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I am a big believer now in just declaring the season finished with Liverpool champs and no relegation with the top 2 in the Championship promoted to make a 22 team comp starting in August/September this year. The Championship should stay as 22 teams for 1 season and Leagues 1 and 2 the same for those that survive this. 

How do we start in September to play yet MORE games? This thing we are all locked up from isnt going for at least a year until a vaccine works.

How do we play more games, coming into a winter season with likely more infections the NHS overwhelmed with normal winter illness, if we cant finish these last 10 games now? Answer we can't and wont, there is no way we are completing a 22 team season in the next year.

If we go down this route to cancel this season we set a precedent for no football until September 2021 earliest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

So what do you want to do? Open everything? Go back to some kind of normality?

Germany and South Korea have eased restrictions for a few days and are already seeing more infections.

So what if the figures suggest 1% die? That's 1% too much.

I take it you'd be happy if some of that 1% would be a member of your family then?

If we carry this on for 18 months or longer until the majority of the world is vaccinated then the knock on effect will be far more devastating than what coronavirus will have caused. It's a huge dilemma that has serious consequences whichever decision is made. The fact is though, people will die directly or indirectly from this which is harrowing.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

How do we start in September to play yet MORE games? This thing we are all locked up from isnt going for at least a year until a vaccine works.

How do we play more games, coming into a winter season with likely more infections the NHS overwhelmed with normal winter illness, if we cant finish these last 10 games now? Answer we can't and wont, there is no way we are completing a 22 team season in the next year.

If we go down this route to cancel this season we set a precedent for no football until September 2021 earliest.

Exactly, football is either OK to resume or it isn't until a vaccine is rolled out. I don't see how it all suddenly becomes easy to navigate otherwise. We either accept the infections and people getting ill/some dying or we shut up shop on everything for 2 years and the knock on effect will be monumental. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

EPL players are not working class players, they millionaires.

As for the club owners, dont know, but what I do know is the refusal to take a cut is shameful.

if my employer's business freezes up, and I am asked to take a pay cut, do I take it? hell yeah, regardless of how watertight my contract is, because I have dignity.

I guess that depends on your definition of working class then. You'd rather that money does not go to the government then?

If thats your style to just take it at face value and not question it then, but many players have made huge charitable donations theyve just not shouted about it.

Ozil for example does a huge amount yet is getting pelters for not agreeing to a cut when his employers are one of the richest clubs in the world.

I have sympathy with players wanting to decide what they want to do with their money, but understand to many that this is never enough for some because of the money they earn.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Quite simple. No cups and no Europe or internationals until 21/22. 

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

But how do we even do just the league season, not even thinking about other stuff.

If we say its "too dangerous" or "not fair or whatever" to complete this season (10 games) in the summer months when hospitals are below capacity, how is it going to be safe to do it in the winter months when hospitals are full of flu cases and Coronavirus makes a huge comeback due to the crappy weather.

There is no way we are having a next season if we dont complete this one. To be honest the players and clubs that dont support getting this season finished by whatever means are pretty much condemning themselves to oblivion. There is no club that will be paying footballers wages for 18 months without income. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Even with that it’s 38 games instead of 9 or 10 , a lot of them in winter and still without a vaccine.

It’s a very simple choice we have 

a)  Start football with the risk of infection (starting it next month carries as much risk as waiting until the Autumn)

b) wait until a vaccine is found, mass produced and distributed, in which time most the football clubs in the pyramid will have gone under and the economy is in ruins 

• Like 1

today’s meeting looks like it could be fun 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11986312/premier-league-majority-of-bottom-half-clubs-want-relegation-scrapped-with-neutral-venue-move-likely

Premier League: Majority of bottom-half clubs want relegation scrapped with neutral venue move likely

Clubs warned that not restarting at neutral venues could cost them more than relegation; at least 14 clubs need to back the proposals before games can restart

A majority of clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League want relegation to be scrapped if and when the season restarts.

All 20 clubs want to finish the season but most clubs in the bottom half of the table believe it will be unfair if any clubs are relegated when the final 92 games are likely to be played behind closed doors at neutral grounds.

Premier League clubs will be warned at a meeting on Monday that the season not restarting at neutral venues could cost them more than relegation and they must consider the long-term consequences of voting against the proposal 

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I cant believe the clubs in danger of relegation want relegation to be scrapped.

Self serving....

To be honest if we scrap relegation and there is no Europe what is the actual point of completing the season?

At the end of the day if we dont complete this season properly (with unfortunate small changes, out of control) then those clubs wont be getting any money from the Premier League or otherwise, so not sure what they are trying to achieve really.

Anyone who thinks there will be a "next season" starting in autumn if this one cant complete is utterly delusional.

What I find amusing about the teams that are dragging their heels about a restart is that, almost all of them have won 4 or five games at home this season yet they are bitching about losing home advantage. If they can't make it count with fans their, why should we believe they have an advantage in front of a stadium full of seats?

They want the season bull and void because they've been sh!t, atleast if they were honest about it, they would have a legitimate reason for not wanting to play the remaining games....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Even with that it’s 38 games instead of 9 or 10 , a lot of them in winter and still without a vaccine.

It’s a very simple choice we have 

a)  Start football with the risk of infection (starting it next month carries as much risk as waiting until the Autumn)

b) wait until a vaccine is found, mass produced and distributed, in which time most the football clubs in the pyramid will have gone under and the economy is in ruins 

I'm not suggesting there will be any fans in the ground to watch it unfortunately. Just players and staff with tv crew. The commentators dont even need to go to the ground to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

What I find amusing about the teams that are dragging their heels about a restart is that, almost all of them have won 4 or five games at home this season yet they are bitching about losing home advantage. If they can't make it count with fans their, why should we believe they have an advantage in front of a stadium full of seats?

They want the season bull and void because they've been sh!t, atleast if they were honest about it, they would have a legitimate reason for not wanting to play the remaining games....

This is the laughable thing, they have been shit for 2/3rd of the season, so where they belong.

Villa were atrocious in the last game with fans at our place.

They would probably already be down by now if the season had carried on.

They should look at this as a fresh mini season, whoever wins the most games stays up. If we can get a reliable way of playing in place now for 10 games we maybe able to run next season if its practical. There will be no fans until 2021/22 at least but at least it can be steamed.

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

I'm not suggesting there will be any fans in the ground to watch it unfortunately. Just players and staff with tv crew. The commentators dont even need to go to the ground to be honest. 

I understand and neither am I,

It’ll be behind closed doors until a vaccine is found 100%. However the risk to players and staff is the same in June as it’ll be in September as there will still not be a vaccine.  If they are suggesting there’s a zero tolerance policy on the risk to players then this season and next season are a write off regardless of the amount of games and the landscape of English football will be changed forever

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a totally spurious argument!!!

Totally out of context...should any individual chose not to put themselves in a situation which puts them in danger then I will support them. As for players being safe due to their age and fitness, the virus does not care about this, underlying problems are a factor in this look at deaths within the game or soon after retirement it just brings the outcome sooner.

We don't need to do this...it is not essential!!!!

I 1--% agree that I will support any individual who chooses not to work and prefers to take furlough wages instead.  (His colleagues who do need to work might be less supportive.)  But I haven't heard any footballer saying that he thinks it is too dangerous to play and he wants to go on furlough; the opinion seems to be that it is too dangerous to play and he wants his wages anyway.  For that, I have no sympathy at all.

12 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I still do not understand, how do you do that?

If you cant complete it now when hospitals are below capacity, in summer months. How do you start a brand new season coming into the winter months when hospitals will be full of flu and seasonal illnesses  and coronavirus is likely to make some form of return. For me starting a new season this autumn is a much bigger risk and the reality is it would never complete if we cant complete this one. Say we end up in the bottom 3, shall we start crying and asking for the season the be null and void because its "not safe"? Its a nonsense.

Until a vaccine is developed and rolled out there is no 100% safe way to do anything. Much like there is no 100% safe way of driving into work ever. There is no 100% safe way of living on the streets because you lose your job and home. What gives? Just get on with it.

Edited by Foxin_Mad