Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...sure it was a typo....!!!

I'm sure it was otherwise a ban would be on the way.:P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If the KP is chosen as a neutral venue, then presumably we won’t be able to play our homes games there but judging by the mess the authorities are making of this pandemic, we have every chance of playing some of away fixtures there ..........

It is funny because it is true 

31 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Can we play in training ground? And if we have done ours (pitch part at least) player there and expanded stadium :) while the the game are going on?? If it stupid just let me know lol

Not ready 

And I assume all venues must be VAR and goal line tech facilitated 

I was really hoping we'd rule out VAR for the last few games.

As someone who was massively in favour of it, even while it was getting cocked up weekly, I have no interest in seeing it among behind closed doors games.

I can just imagine a ref doing the box hand signal to no crowd. 

8 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As someone who was massively in favour of it, even while it was getting cocked up weekly, I have no interest in seeing it among behind closed doors games.

If we rule out VAR for the last few games we may as well not play them. 

21 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If we rule out VAR for the last few games we may as well not play them. 

Whilst there is some nervousness about using VAR with officials crammed into a small room, I would have thought they could arrange something less restrictive for this run in.   I agree that you should have it .....if you don’t, it’s another chunk of integrity down the plug hole .....

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst there is some nervousness about using VAR with officials crammed into a small room, I would have thought they could arrange something less restrictive for this run in.   I agree that you should have it .....if you don’t, it’s another chunk of integrity down the plug hole .....

VAR is too integral to this years rules to just drop it for a few games. Clubs are complaining about neutral grounds damaging the integrity as it is

I'm surprised the bottom 6 with their "we think the best thing for football is that it should be abandoned so we stop up" attitude, haven't argued that the league's integrity is compromised by having different referees at different games and by playing some in summer and some in winter.  They are prepared to argue almost anything else in their desire to ensure that no-one can play football.

I'd drop VAR.  The "integrity of football" is ensured by having two teams of 11 playing on the same pitch under the same rules.  The rest is detail.  If VAR and Hawkeye being dropped means fewer people in the ground, then go for it,

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

VAR is too integral to this years rules to just drop it for a few games. Clubs are complaining about neutral grounds damaging the integrity as it is

Yeah.  Like playing 19 home and 19 away games.   And in front of fans.    And only having 3 substitutues.  

I wonder how many more changes they'll come up with?

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Yeah.  Like playing 19 home and 19 away games.   And in front of fans.    And only having 3 substitutues.  

I wonder how many more changes they'll come up with?

As mentioned numerous times in this thread, you are going to screw over at least someone in these unprecedented times. All you can do is spread the negative impacts of the comprises across all 20 teams as fairly as possible.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

So are Watford anti-neutral venue, but in favour of Project Restart generally?

Or are they doing it to give themselves an excuse to vote against a restart?

I think we just want to play at home grounds but like all are happy to play on due to the money situation.

And cancelling the season won't necessarily mean we stay up depending on what system is used to decide the season as the season cannot just be voided according to UEFA and FA.

Brighton would be regardless though.

I think their main fear is they have :

Liverpool 

Man City 

Arsenal 

Man U

to play at home!

I think the intention of Watford, Brighton etc and the other teams in the bottom 5 or 6 is to stall any attempt to re start (whilst paying lip service to wanting to resume). The longer they can collectively dig their heels in, the more chance of some kind of total suspension of the competition meaning they can somehow remain in the Premier League if it does not resume this year?

But then they would have to end the season in some way apart from just  voiding it.

I presume potentially no relegation like in the Netherlands?

But the Premier league could go along with the French system.

The  bottom 3 may not be safe even if the season doesn't finish.

Edited by Super_horns

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

But then they would have to end the season in some way apart from just  voiding it.

I presume potentially no relegation like in the Netherlands?

But the Premier league could go along with the French system.

The  bottom 3 may not be safe even if the season doesn't finish.

no, but this stalling tactic might be their best hope? I dunno mate. I can't really see how playing in an empty neutral venue is much more of a disadvantage than an empty home stadium, given that it is the same less than ideal circumstances for all?

• Like 1