Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

57 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Was going to select Dortmund but thats too obvious.

I'm going full hipster and selecting Union Berlin.

They were on football focus earlier this year. I'm picking them too.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Brighton really annoying me now. Making loads of noise about neutral venues despite their home games being Arsenal, Utd, City and Liverpool.

I know it would be really funny if Liverpool were denied, but for the good of the game this season needs to reach some sort of conclusion I feel. And that's not just because we'd probably be the second biggest loser if it were void.

I actually DonT understand this Neutral-grounds idea....

What happens if After/during game/The prematch Build up...that some People out of the gameday staff..players/kitman/Club statt etc are found to have the virus.

The Insurance implications would be massive,from the Host-neutral ground.

Or visiting staff,contracted it from any of the Host ground...of host staff...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

20 hours ago, Strokes said:

You have to sign to accept furlough or ‘the job retention scheme’ as it is officially named. If players don’t accept it their employment rights are not affected, and they will still be due the balance of their contracts. Why would they accept it?

I suppose they wouldn't, I'm looking as @dsr-burnley is at the situation of clubs being given the go ahead to play and players not being willing to and whether the clubs could get out of paying them a full wage during that time.

This could all get very tetchy soon in lots of ways.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

I suppose they wouldn't, I'm looking as @dsr-burnley is at the situation of clubs being given the go ahead to play and players not being willing to and whether the clubs could get out of paying them a full wage during that time.

Well the clubs could terminate their contracts if they refused to play, whether it would stand up in court is another matter :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Well the clubs could terminate their contracts if they refused to play, whether it would stand up in court is another matter :dunno:

I'm not sure they'd cancel it, especially if it is a high profile player like Aguero.

Think we're going to see a split here- the bottom six are together it seems, the "big six" are united and can probably bully/ threaten the others, then you have the remaining 8, us included in that. I would prefer us to be closer aligned to the the other 13 but if the vote comes back and we have to pay back a significant sum of money for not finishing the season I think we'll go the other way.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm thinking not so much as the legality, more the practicality.  

This season, the season might have started out with the club saying we have income £150m and the players expecting to get £100m of that.

Now if they don't restart the club might be saying we have £110m and the players still expect £100m of that.  Well, it's probably doable.

But next season, the club says they have no money at all - the players can claim till they're blue in the face that they want £100m of that nothing, but they can't have it if it isn't there.  That's why either we have a restart of football, or player wage cuts, or a PL of 15 teams and no other professional football at all.

19 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

That's a pretty stupid question, if that's how it was formed.  They are football club doctors - if they are afraid of approving guidelines that carry risk of death, then they shouldn't be involved in football.  Have they not heard of Marco Vivien Foe?  Phil O'Donnell?  From rugby, Danny Jones?  There are numerous incidents of players sent out to play who died in action.  If doctors say they aren't willing to approve playing unless there is zero chance of death, then that is the end of football and every other activity too,

140 people under 40, most of them seriously ill already, have died with coronavirus in this country. The risk to footballers is not high.  If they want furlough, fine.  If they want pay and play, fine.  If they want paying without playing, they can ... ... ... words fail me.

Many young, apparently otherwise healthy, adults have died in the US. Not sure the virus respects national borders.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/04/13/covid-young-people

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200319/20-percent-of-us-covid-19-deaths-were-young-adults#1

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Many young, apparently otherwise healthy, adults have died in the US. Not sure the virus respects national borders.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/04/13/covid-young-people

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200319/20-percent-of-us-covid-19-deaths-were-young-adults#1

This virus is also mutating as it spreads, so what was true a month ago my not be true today, and this might not be true next month.  This is also why we're not sure if it'll be possible to catch it more than once, or not...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Now apparently someone on Twitter says the  vote will be:

Neutral  grounds or void the season and use PPG.

It was a reporter form the Mail. 

Suits me either way lol 

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Now apparently someone on Twitter says the  vote will be:

Neutral  grounds or void the season and use PPG.

It was a reporter form the Mail. 

Can we stop saying "void" when it doesn't mean void. I read it a lot. Using PPG would mean concluding the season, not voiding it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

DFL confirm 15th may Bundesliga return :)

I thought they needed two weeks without any recorded cases before they could restart ??? 

Note that the premier league will hate this. We didn’t have a proper winter break because the PL didn’t want weekends where Germany/Spain were playing and England wasn’t.  Germany actually restarting will act as a huge catalyst re us doing likewise .......

Edited by st albans fox

Have to say I agree with the unnamed footballer who thinks they're being victimised.

Firstly, they're called out for not taking wage cuts.

Then, they're asked to help the NHS, which is a government funded institution not a registered charity as far as I'm aware.

Then, they're asked to start playing again to 'life the spirit of the nation', which in the circumstances is bizarre.

I'm aware we're currently under a period of time where questioning the government is strictly forbidden under government guidelines so I'll wait until this ban is lifted until I pass further comment.

• Like 3