Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Euro 2020 postponed.

Best course of action for the game, now lets get the domestic season over with. I have a ticket to a knockout game in Amsterdam, £47 return flights and no hotel booked as it was so extortionate. Personally this is a good outcome for me, will still go to Amsterdam, hotel prices will be cheaper and hopefully see an Ajax game instead of a pointless international match. Fingers crossed this all happens.

Sensible move it was going to be impossible with the recent events, from a selfish point of view for England this probably going to help them espically with players out injured, plus one or two being out of form at the moment. We probably won't see international fixture till early next year now. 

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sensible move it was going to be impossible with the recent events, from a selfish point of view for England this probably going to help them espically with players out injured, plus one or two being out of form at the moment. We probably won't see international fixture till early next year now. 

And the same wouldn't happen next year? For all you know, it could be worse.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't understand why clubs have to pay lol

cos they are getting in the way of the euros happening? 

if you were having a party next week and i was having one in june, and we'd booked the same entertainment. now you've moved your party to the same day as mine, so i've said alright fair enough, i'll cancel my party. i'd want some sort of compensation. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

cos they are getting in the way of the euros happening? 

if you were having a party next week and i was having one in june, and we'd booked the same entertainment. now you've moved your party to the same day as mine, so i've said alright fair enough, i'll cancel my party. i'd want some sort of compensation. 

But from clubs? Surely the associations should pay comepnsation, not the individual clubs?

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But from clubs? Surely the associations should pay comepnsation, not the individual clubs?

dunno, wouldn’t it be the clubs holding the players? 

it’s a completely irrelevant amount of money tbf. 

21 hours ago, Sly said:

With us having a fairly young team, this may help us.

It’ll also put any nail in the coffin of Vardy ever playing for England again.

Don't think he'd mind not having another international opportunity, to be honest.

Southgate's style-of-play never seemed to suit Vardy's style, and couldn't petsonally him linking up with Kane would be a viable idea.

It is perhaps an opportunity to reconsider the 2020 format with games played all over Europe. Ridiculous some supporters may be expected to travel all over Europe with games being played in Baku and London (nearly 2500 miles apart ), particularly as the "climate emergency" has focused minds on air travel.

• Like 1