Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

King Power- hit hard by current crisis?

It Occurred to me just now that the majority of our Owner’s income comes from their Airport Duty free business.

With flights being cancelled and traveling in general plummeting, Surely this is having a catastrophic effect on their income whilst i imagine their overheads are somewhat unchanged?

Does anyone have any knowledge on how true this may be?

Theres talk of clubs having to return some TV money should the season not be finished... yet players wages are still being paid id imagine...

Hope it doesn’t hurt them ( and us) in the long run!

I think it’s only the Manchester clubs,Chelsea and perhaps Liverpool who are insulated from a worst case scenario.This could even speed up a break away League.Or maybe Amazon take advantage some how.It really does depend on how the economy goes.Not looking good though is it.

It must’ve hit them hard and will continue to do so. Hopefully they’re astute enough to have planned for a major catastrophe in their business. Terrorism, natural disaster etc. Maybe any such plans would’ve been major damage limitation but also allowing the business to survive a very rough patch. 

Re-paying TV money aside, KP built the club to be self-sufficient and we can only hope that it can weather the storm and pull through relatively unscathed. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Tis a good point. I hear Wimbledon tournament has pandemic insurance.

Yep, they took it out in 2003 after SARS

They usually bring in around £250million a year from Wimbledon, and are apparently expected to get £114million from the insurance

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think it’s only the Manchester clubs,Chelsea and perhaps Liverpool who are insulated from a worst case scenario.This could even speed up a break away League.Or maybe Amazon take advantage some how.It really does depend on how the economy goes.Not looking good though is it.

Manchester City and Chelsea are built on Oil and Gas revenues.  Neither of these commodities are doing very well at the moment. Russia and the Arabs are having a spat over the supply of Oil at the moment, which is affecting the price per Barrel. So as are our Owners, these two Clubs are probably suffering too. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The club are almost entirely self sufficient. The biggest impact will probably be on the stadium expansion

Doesn’t the football club rely on playing football in order to be self sufficient? Or the bullshit on foxestalk Top’s secret cash cow? We must be worth billions.

• Like 1

To be honest, if I were the PL I would be looking to renegotiate whatever advertisement or TV contracts I could for the upcoming season. The bounce-back effect in terms of demand for the PL product globally is going to be enormous and audiences should be at an all-time high.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Manchester City and Chelsea are built on Oil and Gas revenues.  Neither of these commodities are doing very well at the moment. Russia and the Arabs are having a spat over the supply of Oil at the moment, which is affecting the price per Barrel. So as are our Owners, these two Clubs are probably suffering too. 

At least they can stop production and manipulate the market to some extent.Well they’re not going to starve just yet.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

It seems that this has literally JUST been sorted/agreed.

Trump threatened the Saudis with sanctions if they didn’t cut production lol

Sanctions seem to be in fashion these days.

8 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

At least they can stop production and manipulate the market to some extent.Well they’re not going to starve just yet.

Yes - But Etihad Airways cannot manipulate the World Airline Industry!    So not much revenue flowing into Coffers of MC's owners from that particular enterprise .....and we know Etihad have been very generous in the past ......well according to UEFA - allegedly.

• Haha 1

King power are in HUGE trouble 

duty free is the massive industry sector in the KP portfolio and they are going to be losing tens of millions a week right now , maybe hundred of millions a month in turn over 

add to that the next biggest part of their portfolio is retail / hotels and development and those have all but shut down in Thailand 

without his father guiding him Top will be seen by certain parties as ripe for corporate attack , I suspect that right now LCFC is the last thing on his worried mind 

Surat Thani province Which administers 19 districts including the tourist islands of Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao, as well as Mu Ko Ang Thong Marine National Park has ordered closure of all types of hotels and similar establishments, with the exception of hotels designated as field hospitals and local quarantine venues this has got serious in Thailand , the  Chinese visitors have all put disappeared and they were driving the Boom that King Power got very rich off 

I was worried that KP borrowed so much to complete our new training academy , over £100m at  over base rates I suspect it suggested to me At that time that Cash was an issue, if that’s the case then I suspect LCFC are in a very very tough place right now 

let’s see how much the LCFC players love the club and Top !

They might need to show that love in their salaries 

extremely worrying times 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

King power are in HUGE trouble 

duty free is the massive industry sector in the KP portfolio and they are going to be losing tens of millions a week right now , maybe hundred of millions a month in turn over 

add to that the next biggest part of their portfolio is retail / hotels and development and those have all but shut down in Thailand 

without his father guiding him Top will be seen by certain parties as ripe for corporate attack , I suspect that right now LCFC is the last thing on his worried mind 

Surat Thani province Which administers 19 districts including the tourist islands of Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao, as well as Mu Ko Ang Thong Marine National Park has ordered closure of all types of hotels and similar establishments, with the exception of hotels designated as field hospitals and local quarantine venues this has got serious in Thailand , the  Chinese visitors have all put disappeared and they were driving the Boom that King Power got very rich off 

I was worried that KP borrowed so much to complete our new training academy , over £100m at  over base rates I suspect it suggested to me At that time that Cash was an issue, if that’s the case then I suspect LCFC are in a very very tough place right now 

let’s see how much the LCFC players love the club and Top !

They might need to show that love in their salaries 

extremely worrying times 

And the fans. I go back to my post about continuing to pay for your season ticket to keep the club on an even keel. The one i was shouted down for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

And the fans. I go back to my post about continuing to pay for your season ticket to keep the club on an even keel. The one i was shouted down for. 

Clearly 20 grand a week from Vardy or Schmeichel is going a bit further than 40 quid a month off Dave from Wigston though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jonthefox said:

Clearly. But we're all in this together, right?. 

Well, not really. PL footballers whose employment is secure and a guaranteed wage which far outstrips the earnings of any fan even with a big slice handed back are not in it together with fans on median salaries who have been furloughed or let go.

• Like 1

Just now, ealingfox said:

Well, not really. PL footballers whose employment is secure and a guaranteed wage which far outstrips the earnings of any fan even with a big slice handed back are not in it together with fans on median salaries who have been furloughed or let go.

Stop now #bekind 

he is right we are all in this together 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Everybody is struggling. There will be people on this forum not evening working atm. And I think they'd probably prefer to keep their money for more essentials.

PL clubs will be fine.