Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Cutting Your Own Hair

52 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

right fu ck it the time has come. 

has anyone had any success giving themselves a buzzcut (not completely shaved, like number 3 or 4) with a high setting on a beard trimmer? is this possible? i am probably a day or two away from trying it and i am quite scared 

I used to do that all the time and if you're using the same setting for your entire head then it will look better if you keep it on the shortest possible setting. If you try to maintain any kind of length it will look a bit weird without applying any hairdresser tricks.

I fully recommend it btw, I've never regretted the decision to go fully shaved on top, the ladies love it and all the blokes want to be your friend.

Edited by Carl the Llama

ok sound, i am not too concerned about the actual action of cutting it (as in missing bits and stuff, famous last words) i just wondered if anyone had used a beard trimmer as opposed to an actual hair clipper cos the internet had mixed opinions on whether this was a good idea. 

tbf most the opinions saying it was a bad idea were from hairdressing blogs etc. what do they know. the every day man and the people of foxestalk, of the chase fame, have declared it fine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

ok sound, i am not too concerned about the actual action of cutting it (as in missing bits and stuff, famous last words) i just wondered if anyone had used a beard trimmer as opposed to an actual hair clipper cos the internet had mixed opinions on whether this was a good idea. 

tbf most the opinions saying it was a bad idea were from hairdressing blogs etc. what do they know. the every day man and the people of foxestalk, of the chase fame, have declared it fine. 

It all depends on how good your beard trimmer is. I've got a cheap phillips one that would be shit for anything other than a beard, so I picked up a £28~ clipper from amazon and it's much better.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

right fu ck it the time has come. 

has anyone had any success giving themselves a buzzcut (not completely shaved, like number 3 or 4) with a high setting on a beard trimmer? is this possible? i am probably a day or two away from trying it and i am quite scared 

Do it and post pics 

You’ll be helping others decide 

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha mine isn’t the smallest to be fair. My hair and beard were the longest I’ve ever had them so it feels pretty good to have chopped it all.

If you have a beard tho a shaved head looks cool, I'll just look ridiculous, had to shave my beard for the mask!

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

If you have a beard tho a shaved head looks cool, I'll just look ridiculous, had to shave my beard for the mask!

I did shave my hair and then look to see what the beard looked like but mine is that ginger and patchy I shaved it all off.

haha yeah fair point mate, I hope all of that is going ok and you are keeping safe.

My ears are too big for a skinhead, would have been a good time to do it and all.

Now going for shaggy hair look, I think I suit it as a had longer hair when I was younger. Missus hates it already.

Lad at work is hilarious,he is not blessed in the brains department and as I’ve mentioned on here before he comes out with some pearlers.

The other Xmas” Can I have the afternoon off to see my daughters ACTIVITY play “

well this week 2 shaved their heads.

when I asked what grade,they both replied 2,I said that one of the lads is much longer than the other,and I could see the scalp of the other.

Idiot replied,I think it’s because I went over mine twice,that’s why it’s shorter”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1