Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Cutting Your Own Hair

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

Order from Harry’s, you get a razor and foam for free on your first order.

plus if you use my referral code we both £5 off. So I assume your delivery will be free.

harrys.com/invite/8u2yev

Cheers for the offer mate, but I'm still undecided if I'll go full wet shave bald, first step is using the trimmer with no guard and I've not done that yet lol

On 10/04/2020 at 20:11, FoxesDeb said:

My daughter asked me to trim her hair on Wednesday. It was just above her bottom at the time. It's now just below her shoulders, and I'm still trying to get it even :blush: 

And before any of you come back with smutty comments, she's 13, OK? :)

So we didn't think it could get much worse, I've given up trying to get it completely level, it was OK and it's not like she's going anywhere. 

Anyway she managed to talk me into letting her dye it, I think I may have had a few too many glasses of wine on Friday night. My other half picked up the hair dye she asked him for while he was doing the shopping yesterday, and she's done it herself. It's purple. At least it is on the bits she's dyed, so not all of it. 

Teenagers :nigel:

18 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

16 years since I bit the bullet and wet shaved it all off. Most liberating.

Then the chest hair went.

And finally I got into 'manscaping' which is TMI of course but it's good to keep fresh and tidy.

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Allows you to truly appreciate all of  your glory.

18 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Indeed. And if one is occasionally lucky enough, then others can do so as well.

Such as it is... ;)

• Haha 1

I had it cut a couple of days before lockdown and made sure it was shaped so that an extended period of growth wouldn't be bothersome. Starting to look a bit like recent Kasper with it atm.

Would never go near cutting my own hair, I'm way too precious about it. At least not having to get it cut is saving a giant heap of money so maybe I'll do this more often

On 11/04/2020 at 22:26, Alf Bentley said:

Can any of our older posters put me out of my misery and tell me who the bloke top left is?

I'm pretty sure that I can remember the other 8 (L to R, Top to Bottom).....

....Frank Worthington (LCFC), Ian Britton (Chelsea), Gary Sprake (Leeds), John Dempsey (Chelsea), Stan Bowles (QPR), Noel Brotherston (Blackburn), Alan Sunderland (Arse), Ralph Coates (Spurs)

Coates gets the award for most ridiculous haircut, as I recall - completely bald on top but long down one side for a thick combover that flew all over the place when he ran down the wing! lol

Les Briley

• Thanks 1

On 11/04/2020 at 22:26, Alf Bentley said:

Can any of our older posters put me out of my misery and tell me who the bloke top left is?

I'm pretty sure that I can remember the other 8 (L to R, Top to Bottom).....

....Frank Worthington (LCFC), Ian Britton (Chelsea), Gary Sprake (Leeds), John Dempsey (Chelsea), Stan Bowles (QPR), Noel Brotherston (Blackburn), Alan Sunderland (Arse), Ralph Coates (Spurs)

Coates gets the award for most ridiculous haircut, as I recall - completely bald on top but long down one side for a thick combover that flew all over the place when he ran down the wing! lol

Think it's Chris Garland and not Sprake Alf? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Think it's Chris Garland and not Sprake Alf? 

Well corrected! :thumbup:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/horror_hair/44523/retro-horror-hair-chris-garland-bristol-city.html

In my defence, he does look a bit like Sprake.....and I couldn't see the club badge.....and he's got the ball in his hands to confuse me (Garland was a striker, as I recall?).....and, er, OK....I cocked up! 

PA-4331973.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Well corrected! :thumbup:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/horror_hair/44523/retro-horror-hair-chris-garland-bristol-city.html

In my defence, he does look a bit like Sprake.....and I couldn't see the club badge.....and he's got the ball in his hands to confuse me (Garland was a striker, as I recall?).....and, er, OK....I cocked up! 

PA-4331973.jpg

To be fair to you Alf, a lot of these 70s footballers looked much of a muchness 

62582861-EC71-46AB-B0C7-080CA79919BF.jpeg

F10ADD0A-2BDA-4855-9281-6AD654760B53.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

hairdressers and dog groomers should be one of the first things to be allowed to reopen with strict rules

Really? At least in restaurants they can remove half the seating or make it unavailable, in a hairdresser they actually have to touch you, how on earth will they be the first thing to open!

• Haha 1

Needed a cut before the lockdown. I have quite thick hair, bit curly and it was becoming quite a mess. Girlfriend has been asking me to let her do it for a while and I finally relented today. Not too bad, but I have a bald patch on the side of my head and for some reason she cut my sideburns to the top of my ears. Still, dont have to go to work until Friday.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

right fu ck it the time has come. 

has anyone had any success giving themselves a buzzcut (not completely shaved, like number 3 or 4) with a high setting on a beard trimmer? is this possible? i am probably a day or two away from trying it and i am quite scared 

18 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

has anyone had any success giving themselves a buzzcut (not completely shaved, like number 3 or 4) with a high setting on a beard trimmer? is this possible? i am probably a day or two away from trying it and i am quite scared 

My mate did it, after my encouragement, using the highest setting on his beard trimmer. Looks shit but he's pretending it doesn't

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

I did on a 18mm guard last week worked out better than I was expecting.

29 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

It's possible. I have mirror on a suction that sticks to the tiles in my bath/shower, so the hair doesn't go everywhere, you can just rinse it away. My mate does his in the garden. You'll need a second mirror though, it's easy to miss right at the top of the back of your head. If you have two mirrors you can get a full view. I used to shave it on a 2, now I shave it with no guard. It's easy enough.

My patience is wearing thin with this orange obscenity which is hanging off my chin (I’m not ginger but nobody told my facial hair) and my hair is the longest it’s been for years.

I don’t know whether to stick it out and go balls deep into homelessness or shave the lot off.

48 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Yeah mate plenty of times. You will be alright, just make sure you give it a few mows otherwise it’ll be a shambles.