Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Cutting Your Own Hair

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Why not go retro 70's?

haircuts.jpg

Going for middle row right.

Lol on bottom left.

Why do they look so old? I'm 36 and looks younger than all of the bar top left but probably older now than all of those at time of pic taking.

My wife has been cutting it since there was still some to cut.  Much nicer to feel her hands on my head than some stranger's at Cheapo Cuts.

For a moment I was thinking, this will finally be my chance to see her with hair down to her butt  :yesyes:

But no, I don't want this to go on for 2 1/2 years  :(

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Going for middle row right.

Lol on bottom left.

Why do they look so old? I'm 36 and looks younger than all of the bar top left but probably older now than all of those at time of pic taking.

I've always wondered why 1970s players look so.old..

Frankie Wortho could well be 20 years younger than me in that pic, but looks.old enough to be my dad

5 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Number 1 buzz cut all over... no messing around. Been doing it for ages

Been doing this for the last 4 years or so easy. Got a decent beard too. 

Meat and potato's  get the full shave look though. Not that the wife sees them much lol.

One top tip I can suggest is don't cut your hair wet.

I know at the hairdressers they'll dip your head in a sink then move straight onto the cutting but dry hair is much easier to clean up afterwards and over years of cutting my own hair I've not noticed any advantage to working on it when wet. Obviously still wash your hair first but if I'm cutting my hair I'll give it a thorough wash in the morning then go back and chop it off later in the day when it's all silky to the touch and sweeps up like a dream.

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I've always wondered why 1970s players look so.old..

Frankie Wortho could well be 20 years younger than me in that pic, but looks.old enough to be my dad

Because they have the haircuts that old people. now have, at least thats my theory. 

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'm going to get the missus to do it this weekend. I've got a trimmer I'll try to give it a Number 4. If it's crap it's got at least 3 weeks to grow out a bit.

I look like a monk lol .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stix said:

you could probably use hand soap in a bowl and fluff it up in to a foam if you’re desperate. 

Nah, not desperate. Like I said, been shaving it myself to a number one since last year, so no rush to go shorter, just tempted.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

No shaving gel or foam at the minute.

Order from Harry’s, you get a razor and foam for free on your first order.

plus if you use my referral code we both £5 off. So I assume your delivery will be free.

harrys.com/invite/8u2yev

Edited by Strokes

On 10/04/2020 at 19:49, l444ry said:

Why not go retro 70's?

haircuts.jpg

Can any of our older posters put me out of my misery and tell me who the bloke top left is?

I'm pretty sure that I can remember the other 8 (L to R, Top to Bottom).....

....Frank Worthington (LCFC), Ian Britton (Chelsea), Gary Sprake (Leeds), John Dempsey (Chelsea), Stan Bowles (QPR), Noel Brotherston (Blackburn), Alan Sunderland (Arse), Ralph Coates (Spurs)

Coates gets the award for most ridiculous haircut, as I recall - completely bald on top but long down one side for a thick combover that flew all over the place when he ran down the wing! lol

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Been shaving mine own hair with a number 1 since last year, very tempted to go full @UpTheLeagueFox and shave without the guard.

7 hours ago, stix said:

Use a razor mate. Takes a few minutes, and is weirdly satisfying!

16 years since I bit the bullet and wet shaved it all off. Most liberating.

Then the chest hair went.

And finally I got into 'manscaping' which is TMI of course but it's good to keep fresh and tidy.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

16 years since I bit the bullet and wet shaved it all off. Most liberating.

Then the chest hair went.

And finally I got into 'manscaping' which is TMI of course but it's good to keep fresh and tidy.

Allows you to truly appreciate all of  your glory.