Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Anyone else think we should go for Sead Kolasinac as a Chilwell replacement? I’ve always liked him, and he’s available for £20m apparently. He’s a proper defender, and also has abit about him going forward. Decent stats too. Seems to have been a little out of favour due to Arsenals change in management 

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyone else think we should go for Sead Kolasinac as a Chilwell replacement? I’ve always liked him, and he’s available for £20m apparently. He’s a proper defender, and also has abit about him going forward. Decent stats too. Seems to have been a little out of favour due to Arsenals change in management 

Fits the criteria of being an absolute mad bastard that the team needs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Injury prone is my biggest gripe, I do like his aggression though on and off the field 😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I would genuinely cry if we spent 20m on Sead Kolasinac.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fine wingback, shoddy defender. There's a reason Arsenal signed Tierney. 

• Like 2

It’s pretty obvious we are skint and have to wait to sell Chilwell before we sign anyone...
Only a poor loan signing in the Jan transfer window also..

Our first friendly Is tomorrow and we go into it with a poorer Squad than we finished the season with.

it is going to be one tough season coming up with Thursday /Sunday football most weeks. We won’t be taking the EL seriously like Wolves did. Which spoils the hard work (although in the end disappointing) of last season

If you look at last season's 25 man squad:

Bennett -> new CB (could be Benkovic)

Chilwell -> new LB

James -> new attacking midfielder

Amartey -> new winger

CB/LB/RW will be the three big signings like Tielemans/Perez/Praet were last summer. I believe sufficient cover for Maddison is more important than cover for Vardy given how poor we were without him - that one could be a loan or a <£15m deal like Justin was.

With a new right winger you have five 'wide players' including Perez, plus Vardy and Iheanacho. 7 players into 3 positions is about right, it then becomes difficult to justify another striker unless you move one of that seven on.

I think a striker will have to be a loan or a free, or possibly wait until January/next summer. That would satisfy all of the problem areas in the team, for me. Iheanacho, Mendy and Gray/Albrighton are probably all players we can upgrade on but I think the club will be happy to wait beyond this summer to do that.

• Like 1

Wonder if we are joining the Van De Beek queue? He's been told he can leave this summer and wants a prem move.

Sticking with the 'free transfers from europe' theory.... 

I think we will sign Gotze, it's a risk because of his fitness but still a talent for sure.

I'd be really shocked if we're not in for Sarr, we will probably miss out to Chelsea though.

Lusamba who we have been linked with before is another free agent.

And then we can add another 2 money signings in from the Chilly money.

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Wonder if we are joining the Van De Beek queue? He's been told he can leave this summer and wants a prem move.

I think we will sign Gotze, it's a risk because of his fitness but still a talent for sure.

I'd be really shocked if we're not in for Sarr, we will probably miss out to Chelsea though.

He's been rubbish since Dawson's Creek to be honest.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

He'd be quite a coup but would be amazed, Barcelona, Real Madrid and a host of other clubs have all been linked with Van Der Beek.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He'd be quite a coup but would be amazed, Barcelona, Real Madrid and a host of other clubs have all been linked with Van Der Beek.

Yeah i feel like that was after the Ajax amazing year though. He was one of the few that wasn't cherry picked. This summer he's specifically said he wants to move to England.

You're right though, it would be Tielemans levels really. 

3 hours ago, Rigga said:

It’s pretty obvious we are skint and have to wait to sell Chilwell before we sign anyone...
Only a poor loan signing in the Jan transfer window also..

Our first friendly Is tomorrow and we go into it with a poorer Squad than we finished the season with.

it is going to be one tough season coming up with Thursday /Sunday football most weeks. We won’t be taking the EL seriously like Wolves did. Which spoils the hard work (although in the end disappointing) of last season

Last time we felt this way about a season, we won the league.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Yeah i feel like that was after the Ajax amazing year though. He was one of the few that wasn't cherry picked. This summer he's specifically said he wants to move to England.

You're right though, it would be Tielemans levels really. 

I'd say a level beyond that again, Tielemans has never been linked with the sort of clubs DVDB has. He has been linked with Barcelona again the last couple of days but not sure if that's lazy journalism due to the Koeman, dutch connection. Given Rakitic and Vidal are on the way out though I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd say a level beyond that again, Tielemans has never been linked with the sort of clubs DVDB has. He has been linked with Barcelona again the last couple of days but not sure if that's lazy journalism due to the Koeman, dutch connection. Given Rakitic and Vidal are on the way out though I wouldn't be surprised.

Would make sense, good mates with Frenkie De Jong of course too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Have I missed something? 

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Have I missed something? 

Linked heavily with him during lockdown/post. He's got no news around him currently at all. Also piecing together one of the ITK's clues about 'Three or Four free transfers from europe'

So no you haven't really missed anything i'm just putting two and two together and making AN ACTUAL SIGNING lol

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Overpaid shyte (100K weekly). I’ll pass.

Edited by NaijaFox