Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Flog:

Chilwell -£60m

Ghezzal -£5m

Slimani -£8m

Diabete -£2m

Silva -£5m

Buy:

Tagliafico - £25m

Centre Back -£25m

Welbeck -£5m

Brooks/McNeil £30m

Striker -£15m

£20m net spend. 

Wellbeck lol

why don’t you go the whole hog and just sign jack wilshere as well :P

Anyone seen much of Marcos Acuña?

28, Sporting left back and available for €15m, apparently had a decent season but they need to sell. Used to be a winger so would fit well at wing-back I assume.

Just read a tweet saying there's interest from Italy and England.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Anyone seen much of Marcos Acuña?

28, Sporting left back and available for €15m, apparently had a decent season but they need to sell. Used to be a winger so would fit well at wing-back I assume.

Just read a tweet saying there's interest from Italy and England.

I realise that each player should be judged on his own merit but I'm not keen on going back to Sporting for them to have our pants down for a third time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I realise that each player should be judged on his own merit but I'm not keen on going back to Sporting for them to have our pants down for a third time.

I knew this was coming but you wouldn't have said no to Bruno Fernandes or Rui Patricio.

They are of course a pain in the arse to negotiate with as we know, but it seems a decent value deal in this case if he's any good.

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Flog:

Chilwell -£60m

Ghezzal -£5m

Slimani -£8m

Diabete -£2m

Silva -£5m

Buy:

Tagliafico - £25m

Centre Back -£25m

Welbeck -£5m

Brooks/McNeil £30m

Striker -£15m

£20m net spend. 

Rather have £20 million to spend on a striker and no Danny Welbeck than the alternative

If Gray is happy to be a bench/squad option, I'd definitely be giving him a new contract. He has just over 10 months left on his current deal, so we really need to start thinking about selling him or offering him a new one. I still think he'll only ever be good enough as a sub though, he'll never be a regular first teamer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick said:

So basically, 2 new wingers then?

Only if it was someone like Fraser who is a free agent.

Depending on the signing on fee, we could make a profit from selling Demarai and replacing him with Fraser who is an upgrade imo. That was the point I was trying to make. 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Fraser minutes per g+a: 214

Gray minutes per g+a: 270

Fraser made 330 crosses last season that's almost 10 a game, all he does is cross his assists mean **** all cos he need to take 20 crosses to get one. Im not saying gray is good but fraser isnt great either and i would much rather someone who tries to pass for an assist like gray than someone like fraser who just mindelessly crosses. 

I’ve read it all now lol assists mean sh*t?! lol I’m sorry but if he’s making that many crosses does that not go to show that he’s beating his man to make the cross? How do you know it’s simply because no one has been at the other end of it to bury the chance?

Strikers and wingers are mainly judged on stats and Fraser’s stats look good to me.

As for the comment all he does is cross, isn’t that exactly what Albrighton does that we all love him for? 

As others have pointed out - Perez has had a REALLY good debut season, in my eyes. 8 goals and 4 assists from a position that isn't his preferred place. I was very skeptical and I still don't quite think he's worth the amount we paid for him but if he does that for us, or even nudges up to 10 goals, over the next 2-3 years then we can't really say no to that. 

I'd be happy for us to not buy a striker IF 

- we get a proper, 7/10 every game winger. Doesn't have to be Mahrez v2 but he does have to play wide and take on a man
- we have Nacho and Perez as back up strikers/ second strikers

I'd really like us to go back to 442 or 4411 for those tough games. Vardy up top with a striker to link up - which both Nacho and Perez seem to do well. I'm not against short, possession-based play, if there's a Plan B but I can't have another season where we get found out and just pass it round the back. 

PS - I really don't rate Traore. If I was Wolves, I'd take anything about £50 million for him. He's had one decent season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

As others have pointed out - Perez has had a REALLY good debut season, in my eyes. 8 goals and 4 assists from a position that isn't his preferred place. I was very skeptical and I still don't quite think he's worth the amount we paid for him but if he does that for us, or even nudges up to 10 goals, over the next 2-3 years then we can't really say no to that. 

I'd be happy for us to not buy a striker IF 

- we get a proper, 7/10 every game winger. Doesn't have to be Mahrez v2 but he does have to play wide and take on a man
- we have Nacho and Perez as back up strikers/ second strikers

I'd really like us to go back to 442 or 4411 for those tough games. Vardy up top with a striker to link up - which both Nacho and Perez seem to do well. I'm not against short, possession-based play, if there's a Plan B but I can't have another season where we get found out and just pass it round the back. 

PS - I really don't rate Traore. If I was Wolves, I'd take anything about £50 million for him. He's had one decent season. 

Perez has a really good season and you don’t rate Traore!? Ok. 

no further questions!!

Pissed off we haven't signed anyone yet. Doesn't even seem like we're close to getting a deal done. OK we might be waiting for the Chilwell deal to be finalised but its less than 3 weeks until our first Premier league game. Our passive nature continues

Edited by foxfanazer

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Pissed off we haven't signed anyone yet. Doesn't even seem like we're close to getting a deal done. OK we might be waiting for the Chilwell deal to be finalised but its less than 3 weeks until our first Premier league game. Our passive nature continues

There does seem to be an ominous silence about the place doesn't there?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Borini, Ibe and Clyne available on frees too

It's all coming together beautifully. I bet we could get Reina 

Also. Clyne has to be the right back we're in for ?! Or have I missed that?

Edited by ronnup