Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% would be all over this, finally get rid of Gray and replace him with Fraser. Wages will most likely be similar and you can get a nice little fee for Gray.

Yes lets bring in a player who is the worst parts of both albrighton and barnes, mindless crossing (we dont have a callum wilson to get on the end of it) and shit finishing. Will be a wonderful addition to the squad im sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% would be all over this, finally get rid of Gray and replace him with Fraser. Wages will most likely be similar and you can get a nice little fee for Gray.

Apart from gray plays wide right and fraser played wide left ... don’t make sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Yes lets bring in a player who is the worst parts of both albrighton and barnes, mindless crossing (we dont have a callum wilson to get on the end of it) and shit finishing. Will be a wonderful addition to the squad im sure.

We don’t have a Callum Wilson? lol Wilson is a poor man’s Vardy. You go on like Wilson is some huge target man! 

Yes Fraser didn’t have a great season but the season before you would of been all over him for a free transfer. Your only fooling yourself if you say you wouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Yes let’s get Fraser a player who downed tools when the going got tough and his only concern was getting a move away from Bournemouth. Just the sort of player we want here........

I’ve heard there is a lot more to it than that. Was promised a move, Arsenal wanted him, Bournemouth got greedy and p*ssed him off. It happens.

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I honestly find it baffling that people go on about Demarai. He’s never proved anything and he never will. He looks like he can’t be arsed half the time and imo is wasting his own potential talent.

I think we've all resigned ourselves to the fact he is not a starter. But as an impact sub he can do a more than capable job.

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

To further my point in the last 4 premier league seasons here’s some stats:

Gray:

Games - 120

Goals - 10 

Assists - 8

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 6.6 games.

Albrighton:

Games - 114

Goals - 6

Assists - 18

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 4.7 games.

Fraser:

Games - 120

Goals - 16

Assists - 26

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 2.8 games.

But I guess Fraser has no end product.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I think we've all resigned ourselves to the fact he is not a starter. But as an impact sub he can do a more than capable job.

So then you have to look at it this way, how many wingers do we have in the squad that are not capable starters? Albrighton arguably is not a starter nor is Demarai? 

Personally if it came down to Marc or Demarai I would pick Marc and sign another winger who is capable of starting week in, week out. 

My point I was making is for me, Fraser is an upgrade on Demarai. If the rumours are true that Fraser only wants £50k a week and I would imagine Demarai is on £40k+, then for me I would cash in on Demarai to use the funds elsewhere and bring Fraser in as a free agent.

It appears we are looking to go into the season with 5 wingers. For me with the importance of all games, you want 4 wingers capable of starting and one happy to be back up.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

As of today, the management of Málaga Club de Fútbol, S.A.D has communicated to the professional footballers staff its intention to initiate a collective dismissal procedure.

The Club has been forced to make tough decisions in recent months. On this occasion, the restructuring will directly affect the squad of the men's first team. This new restructuring joins the economic plan that seeks to get the Blue and White club out of the complicated financial situation in which it continues to be immersed despite recent efforts. Málaga Club de Fútbol is obliged to take this step for the good of the Entity and hopes that Malaguista subscribers and fans understand and support this new effort whose sole objective is to create an acceptable and competitive structure with which to give back to Málaga Club de Fútbol the lost illusion.

In 2013 Malaga made it to the quarter finals of the Champions League. Today they are announcing they are laying off their entire playing staff to clear their debt and settle their losses. It should be noted that one reason for this collapse was spending beyond their means during their Champions League era.

We are all desperate for transfers, but just wanted to show an example where a club has been ruined by financial mismanagement. During their heyday their squad was coached by Pellegrini and had players like Isco, Joaquin, Lugano, Demichelis, Caballero, Toulalan and Saviola!

@StriderHiryu you are usually spot on, but this is a bit of a red herring.  Being “desperate for transfers” is not synonymous with financial recklessness. 

Of course we should always spend sensibly (everyone should really), but there are loads of clubs who have gone into administration without having spent a ton of money while there are clubs who have spent their way to success. Anyway, there’s lots more to a football clubs finances than just players’ wages.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So then you have to look at it this way, how many wingers do we have in the squad that are not capable starters? Albrighton arguably is not a starter nor is Demarai? 

Personally if it came down to Marc or Demarai I would pick Marc and sign another winger who is capable of starting week in, week out. 

Depends what you need. If you need a goal I'd bring on gray. If your trying to tighten things up a bit and defend a lead, I'd bring on Kevin. 

They play the same position but play very different games. 

I also prefer kev on the left and gray on the right but that's another conversation all together. I'm more than happy to have both on the bench with Barnes and a new winger as a main starters. 

There will be alot of rotation this year anyway so I think both gray and Kevin will have a huge part to play.

Just now, RobHawk said:

Depends what you need. If you need a goal I'd bring on gray. If your trying to tighten things up a bit and defend a lead, I'd bring on Kevin. 

I also prefer kev on the left and gray on the right but that's another conversation all together. I'm more than happy to have both on the bench with Barnes and a new winger as a main starters. 

There will be alot of rotation this year anyway so I think both gray and Kevin will have a huge part to play.

Who’s Kevin? lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Where does this leave Perez?

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It may be an unpopular opinion but personally, I would feel a lot happier going Into the season with these as my options out wide.

Barnes 

Fraser

New right winger

Perez 

Albrighton

So basically, 2 new wingers then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

To further my point in the last 4 premier league seasons here’s some stats:

Gray:

Games - 120

Goals - 10 

Assists - 8

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 6.6 games.

Albrighton:

Games - 114

Goals - 6

Assists - 18

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 4.7 games.

Fraser:

Games - 120

Goals - 16

Assists - 26

Average amount of games per goal or assist - 2.8 games.

But I guess Fraser has no end product.

Fraser minutes per g+a: 214

Gray minutes per g+a: 270

Fraser made 330 crosses last season that's almost 10 a game, all he does is cross his assists mean **** all cos he need to take 20 crosses to get one. Im not saying gray is good but fraser isnt great either and i would much rather someone who tries to pass for an assist like gray than someone like fraser who just mindelessly crosses. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Demarai Gray goal/assist every 121 minutes

Adama Traore. goal/assist every 200 minutes

Dwight McNeil. goal/assist every 308 minutes

Richarlison. goal/assist every 192 minutes

Allan Saint-Maximin. goal/assist every 234 minutes

Wilfred Zaha. goal/assist every 364 minutes

Felipe Anderson. goal/assist every 300 minutes

Jack Grealish. goal/assist every 231 minutes

They are the figures for last seasons premier League, worth bearing in mind for those who want to get rid of Demarai Gray, and interestingly for anyone who is crying out for  class winger.

Ayoze Perez goal/assist every 144 minutes

Harvey Barnes goal/assist every 149 minutes

Worth bearing in mind with the criticism our wingers get.

Pleasantly surprising.