Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We're favourites to sign Ollie Watkins on the odds now, although assume that's as a result of SUE'S tweets which really worry me that people would part with their hard earned cash as a result of his words.....

He fits the bill of what we would look for as he can play centrally whilst also having the ability to play in this “wide striker” role that Brendan loves. Not heard anything other than the tweet in question though. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

29 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We're favourites to sign Ollie Watkins on the odds now, although assume that's as a result of SFE'S tweets which really worry me that people would part with their hard earned cash as a result of his words.....

Given how tight that market has been it's probably swayed by someone sticking a tenner on! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's yet to bring any of his old favourites back, even Lallana for all the links over the last 7-8 months and it didn't appear we even made him an offer. If Iheanacho went and we got Watkins or Eduoard then I'd also happily have Sturridge as an impact sub and to contend with Europe next season. 

..there is also Balotelli!!!

10 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Had another look at the leaked list of Celtic transfer targets from last April, just before Congerton left.

Maupay (CF, Brighton), Aribo (AM, Rangers) and Tomori (CB, Chelsea) all on there, who could perhaps be three interesting options for us. Maupay unlikely to leave Brighton this summer but I think they do need to sell someone big this summer, the other two could be useful cover for Maddison/CBs.

Probably just best ignoring any list Congerton comes up with and working with the other employees in the scouting team that do actually know their arse from their elbow lol

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Worried to see Daniel Sturridge saying he wants a premier league return. That's got Brendan written all over it

Would be amazed if that happened tbh, Sturridge's legs are gone and have been for a while, he'll likely end up in the MLS if they can find a side with an available DP slot.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Probably just best ignoring any list Congerton comes up with and working with the other employees in the scouting team that do actually know their arse from their elbow lol

James justin was on that list too and I dont think he cam be classed as a dud - very promising player indeed.

• Like 2

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

James justin was on that list too and I dont think he cam be classed as a dud - very promising player indeed.

Shhh anything positive about Congerton has to be sent 'FT'ers4Congers' whatsapp group... i'm admin wan't me to add you?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Keen to understand how much better you think Nick Hammond has done so far? As he was given actual money to spend post Tierney...

Given that your fans are currently giving your main £7m CB signing pelters after the weekend and the left back signing has potentially ended the season before it's started lol 

Edited by AjcW

Guest An Sionnach

Really need experienced players  so I would rule out 21 y.o.s. In twelve months or so our younger players should be battle hardened. Two or three pros with long CVs would solidify us for the very tough battles ahead. These unfortunately are in high demand and can be expensive. However there are a number of Championship performers who are doing excellent work week in week out . These are players well used to English football and would hit the ground running. I see less risk with these than continental players who too often can't acclimatise.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Keen to understand how much better you think Nick Hammond has done so far? As he was given actual money to spend post Tierney...

Given that your fans are currently giving your main £7m CB signing pelters after the weekend and the left back signing has potentially ended the season before it's started lol 

Julien - massive success last season and actually played games for us. He had a ropey game at the weekend but one bad game doesn't change the fact he's been a great signing for us overall.

That one signing, already makes him more successful than Congerton ever was given virtually everyone he had a hand in signing barely started ten games for us, some not at all.

I'll not bother listing the others as the above alone illustrates my point in that he's already performed better than the charlatan, irrespective of how he performs long term.

We had two players leave this month, that started less than ten games combined for us in Bayo and Kouassi, one was here three years, the other 18 months, costing a combined £6m+ (relatively a lot of money for us) that Congerton was 'instrumental' in signing. I could mention the rest of the motley crew he brought in like Compper, Hendry, etc but I really can't be bothered and it just makes me more annoyed.

Congerton/Rdogers were given more money net than any pair in our history and had a wage bill that was miles greater than at any time in our history, including now.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Julien - massive success last season and actually played games for us. He had a ropey game at the weekend but one bad game doesn't change the fact he's been a great signing for us overall.

That one signing, already makes him more successful than Congerton ever was given virtually everyone he had a hand in signing barely started ten games for us, some not at all.

I'll not bother listing the others as the above alone illustrates my point in that he's already performed better than the charlatan, irrespective of how he performs long term.

We had two players leave this month, that started less than ten games combined for us in Bayo and Kouassi, one was here three years, the other 18 months, costing a combined £6m+ (relatively a lot of money for us) that Congerton was 'instrumental' in signing. I could mention the rest of the motley crew he brought in like Compper, Hendry, etc but I really can't be bothered and it just makes me more annoyed.

Congerton/Rdogers were given more money net than any pair in our history and had a wage bill that was miles greater than at any time in our history, including now.

Fair enough, was genuinely interested to get your opinion.

I guess given the season curtailing you wont really know the successes until the end of this season.

I can't help but think the furore built up around Congerton by Celtic fans means you'll never be able to look back and rethink, or even compare his signings to new DOF signings... feel like it's just so hysterical that some of you will never have another opinion?

Understand you only wanting to look at 1 success, but there's a couple of £3m pound plus signings in there that have hardly kicked a ball (one hasn't at all!) so it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Your comment on wage budget is interesting because it isn't often considered, so i'll take that on board... but...

If you look at last season £20m was spent.

If we take Edouard out of the equation, because you guys are adamant Rodgers and Congerton had nothing to do with that signing, they spent a combined £11m in the time Congerton was there... even with Edouard it's still only equal to your spending last season.

As i've referenced before, what can you actually do with next to no money in a league that not many people want to come to? Same with Sunderland, he had little control and was trying to attract players to a sinking ship.

Also the Kouassi thing, said that went through Jan 17, I thought Congerton didn't join until March that year?

I'll judge him on the signings here and not on the past, if you're shopping in the bargain bin you're always going to pull out a few duffers. 

Edited by AjcW

Aaron Ramsey is apparently not wanted at Juve. Wonder if a loan move work work for us. At his best he was superb, could provide strength in depth and push Maddison and Tielemans to be better for the starting spot. We would pay a % of his wages to make it financially reasonable. 

I wonder if many teams have William Bøving on their radar.

He came on last night for Copenhagen against Man United and looked very tidy indeed, in what I believe was his first-team debut.

He's only 17 but showed some very neat touches, made a few good turns on the ball, and seemed to have good awareness.

Late in extra time Copenhagen had a lot of the ball but struggled to break Man Utd down, but he seemed the most likely to do it from what I saw.

He might be a prospect to keep an eye on for the future.

Tifo Football basically saying we lack the wisdom we possessed when Esteban Cambiasso was here

Stating we have a void of experience - difficult to disagree

Ouch - Seb is slandering Cags mind :mad:

Edited by Dahnsouff

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tifo Football basically saying we lack the wisdom we possessed when Esteban Cambiasso was here

Stating we have a void of experience - difficult to disagree

Ouch - Seb is slandering Cags mind :mad:

Hadn't really thought of that but totally agree. We lack a bit of nouse in the middle of the park especially.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It's a good point... but does that player exist? 

He also said it doesn't necessarily need to be the same position, but actually it probably does need to be a midfield general.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's a good point... but does that player exist? 

He also said it doesn't necessarily need to be the same position, but actually it probably does need to be a midfield general.

I have zero idea who this wise head could be, but part of me hoped this was a role (Midfield General) Youri would evolve into over time. (And maybe he will)

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I have zero idea who this wise head could be, but part of me hoped this was a role (Midfield General) Youri would evolve into over time. (And maybe he will)

I think he definitely will eventually.

But i'm scratching my head thinking of someone who could make a similar impact to cambiasso.

I think there's a general lack of it throughout the Premier League to be honest, Spurs are another side crying out for it and Arsenal.

Jordan Henderson is the only person I can think of really, a leader and a general in the midfield.

I think it goes to show that pure skill is prioritised over character nowadays, 

I'd throw James Milner onto the list too in terms of influence.... greedy liverpool :p 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 3