Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

In terms of what mate? 

Im not being funny btw, I just don’t understand, Crncic was on our books for one year and the name rang a bell, so googled it and was the case. And also we don’t seem to shop for players in their 30s. That’s all my post was saying. 

Crncic being missing was a long running joke many many years ago, and especially when he left, so perhaps you aren't acquainted with it. It's no biggie. Suggesting we wouldn't be interested cos he was in his 30's was funny, cos we have all long forgotten him, and he didn't turn out to be a world-beater after leaving.

1 hour ago, Lad1966 said:

Let’s be honest, nobody knows who we are in for or if we are going to sign anyone at all. I get the feeling this window isn’t going to excite anyone even if we someone!

This is FoxesTalk. We once spent an entire afternoon following Vichai's private jet across the Atlantic thinking it was going to pick up Aranguiz in South America before we realised it was on it's way to its annual service in Texas. We didn't even sign him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

Let’s be honest, nobody knows who we are in for or if we are going to sign anyone at all. I get the feeling this window isn’t going to excite anyone even if we someone!

We won’t buy anybody we’re linked with.  Fed up of wasting my time on here, seeing a thread has gone hot to learn it’s just drivel.  As I stated before, it’s best to follow John Percy as nobody else has a clue.

As a prediction, with no evidence whatsoever, think we’ll sign somebody like Wilfred Zaha and Ryan Bertrand, plus a Scottish Youth midfielder from Albion Rovers as one for the future.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Nearly turned it off after a minute, don't need a winger? Get in the sea Seb.

I actually couldn't believe my ears, I usually rate them on there but that's an outrageous claim and their reasoning was rubbish as well - because Barnes is good, which is fine, but are they forgetting we play with another?

I liked the idea of sensible transfers but in all honesty I think they try and be a bit too clever. I listened to one last summer about Manchester United saying they should sign Ander Capa from Eibar. Manchester United with all of their pulling power should go for somebody that probably Bournemouth could attract? If I'm Man Utd I'm wanting us in for players like Carvajal, Ricardo, Kimmich etc... in that position not an Eibar right back who's had a decent season.

• Like 3

If Ben Chilwell does go, I wouldn't mind us having a punt on Angeliño. He's been brilliant for RB Leipzig and not just last night, but also against Spurs and in a few Bundesliga games I saw after the restart.

Trouble is, on current form, he may leapfrog Mendy and Zinchenko in the Man City pecking order or Leipzig could attempt to sign him on a permanent deal, in which case we'd have no chance.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

If Ben Chilwell does go, I wouldn't mind us having a punt on Angeliño. He's been brilliant for RB Leipzig and not just last night, but also against Spurs and in a few Bundesliga games I saw after the restart.

Trouble is, on current form, he may leapfrog Mendy and Zinchenko in the Man City pecking order or Leipzig could attempt to sign him on a permanent deal, in which case we'd have no chance.

Yeah, personally don't think Man City would have re-signed him if they didn't see him as an eventual starter. Mendy is a liability and i'm not sure Zinchenko has a clue where he wants to play or what is his best position, the poor lad started off as a attacking right midfielder!

He'll be challenging for a starting spot next season, I think Man City would be in for Chilly if he wasn't going to. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 15:50, Lad1966 said:

That's because we are shopping at Lidl, judging by most of the links, when we should have been shopping at Waitrose .

Yes, I'm still not over it.   :(

Edited by murphy

1 minute ago, murphy said:

That's because we are shopping at Lidl, judging by most of the links, when we should have been shopping at Waitrose, .

Yes, I'm still not over it.

I hear you, they looked just liked Ginger Nuts, even looked like it said McVities on the packet, but the taste! So so disappointed.  :(

Supposedly Origi is available this summer. He is certainly someone that ticks all of our boxes.  He adds another dimension the the attack and he is capable of playing out wide if needed. Brendan also signed him originally for Liverpool so clearly rated him. 

If he's going to cost less than edouard it should probably be considered

• Like 1

Matty longstaff (must be a pahallus pun here somewhere) must be worth a shout on a free? Has to be an upgrade on James, Mendy and dare I say it Hamsa at the min? Even if he is only bench he adds to the squad and despite being one ugly duck he can play a little. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, casablancas said:

Matty longstaff (must be a pahallus pun here somewhere) must be worth a shout on a free? Has to be an upgrade on James, Mendy and dare I say it Hamsa at the min? Even if he is only bench he adds to the squad and despite being one ugly duck he can play a little. 

Wouldn't be free due to his age, the compensation we would have to pay would be heft I would think. However a free transfer to OH Leuvan and a season loan to us with an option to buy for £1. That would be well worth it. The kid has talent. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Benfica getting Everton from Gremio for £18m, Waldschmidt from Freiburg for £15m and Vertonghen on a free. A very good few days for them and hopefully more evidence that sensible deals can be done this summer.

barely a dent on the joao felix fee aswell, or did they sign a few others with the cash before??

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

barely a dent on the joao felix fee aswell, or did they sign a few others with the cash before??

Last summer they got £110m for Felix, £35m for Jiminez, £20m for Jovic (bad business) and £20m for another striker they'd been loaning out for a few years. 

They signed a few players but still had a fair bit of money left from those deals.

• Like 1