Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Funny that, downing tools after a brilliant year instead of pushing on to attract more suitors hasn't worked out for him. 

He played 28 league games this season. Hardly downing tools. 

Don’t think Vards or Kasper would let Fraser down tools / have the wrong attitude and he would improve squad. That said I think we would prefer someone like Trincoa or Leon Bailey who would improve first team.

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He played 28 league games this season. Hardly downing tools. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51315138

"Scotland winger Ryan Fraser admits he has not "played for the team" in the first half of troubled Bournemouth's Premier League season."

The month of that interview and subsequently after it, he played in 9 games when he was "playing for the team".  

Edited by UniFox21

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Scotland winger Ryan Fraser admits he has not "played for the team" in the first half of troubled Bournemouth's Premier League season."

The month of that interview and subsequently after it, he played in 9 games when he was "playing for the team".  

Christ I'd not seen that. Stinking attitude it seems. Mind you Mahrez did similar to us and Hirst to wednesday. There's always a story 

Edited by ronnup

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Hope we are not waiting to sell Chilwell to bring in funds + focus all efforts trying to get Trincoa aiming for the moon and ending up with Lingard.

That is a very scary thought - Jessie frigging Lingard any where near our Club😱

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

That is a very scary thought - Jessie frigging Lingard any where near our Club😱

Would be so lesta tho. I think we have higher ambitions but the longer we wait the more you worry we rush to get whoever.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Christ I'd not seen that. Stinking attitude it seems. Mind you Mahrez did similar to us and Hirst to wednesday. There's always a story 

He got his head turned, it has happened to way more experienced players. As any WBA fan about Evans' last year there and they will tell you it happened to him. He came here and not once had his attitude been questioned. At least Fraser had the balls to come out and admit as much. 

For 50/60k a week, I would take Fraser to compete with Barnes on the left hand side, no question. Have Gray as back up to someone like that lad from Barca on the right and Perez dubutising for Maddison at #10. Sorted. 

Looking forward in seeing what Brendan and Co bring in during the short closed season, but what we’re hoping for is they bring in some real quality peaches of players to improve the squad and our ambition of a top 6 club rather than bringing in the usual Lemons 🍋 that we often seem to sign for ridiculous money ?!:doh:

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

'Ridiculous money' lemons...

You know like 'cost a f***ing fortune' Ulloa, the player with the biggest bollocks in the club's history.

Or our current record signing Tielemans who at 22 years of age looks a superb talent and is for me our best creative asset by far - we got him for a steal at £32m.

Or £25m Iheanacho, who struggled to contribute early on in his career here but has become arguably the most effective second choice striker in the division.

Or maybe <£30m Perez, who despite his critics had a good season in front of goal and will get better.

Or maybe you mean £25m for Maddison, or £20m for Ricardo, or £19m for Söyüncü, who would command fees of at least £200m combined now.

Or are you thinking of £17m Maguire, that overpriced defender from a relegated side?

The only 'expensive' flops we have signed are Slimani and Silva, and even Islam contributed significantly in the Champions League and has proven to be a good player elsewhere. Silva was always going to struggle given he had 6 months of his career robbed from him by FIFA.

Our transfer business, pound for pound, is probably the second best in the country in the last 5 years behind Liverpool. Why anyone continues to doubt the club's recruitment is beyond me, particularly when the poor 2016 summer was caused by two blokes that couldn't agree on anything, one of which left for Everton and the other was shown the door for losing the plot 6 months later.

You missed out Ndidi...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/12045292/ben-white-brighton-reject-22m-leeds-bid-for-defender

18.5m and 22m bids rejected for Ben White. I think it's going to take at least 30m or so with add ons to get him.

Interesting he has rejected new contract offers from Brighton, he seems to want to move. We ought to be all over this.

Guest An Sionnach

Brighton have no need to sell him so they won't. Asset value can only go north. Brighton unlike Bournemouth are ambitious and mean to stay in the premier league so selling him would be like us selling Soyuncu, you don't do it.

18 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

'Ridiculous money' lemons...

You know like 'cost a f***ing fortune' Ulloa, the player with the biggest bollocks in the club's history.

Or our current record signing Tielemans who at 22 years of age looks a superb talent and is for me our best creative asset by far - we got him for a steal at £32m.

Or £25m Iheanacho, who struggled to contribute early on in his career here but has become arguably the most effective second choice striker in the division.

Or maybe <£30m Perez, who despite his critics had a good season in front of goal and will get better.

Or maybe you mean £25m for Maddison, or £20m for Ricardo, or £19m for Söyüncü, who would command fees of at least £200m combined now.

Or are you thinking of £17m Maguire, that overpriced defender from a relegated side?

The only 'expensive' flops we have signed are Slimani and Silva, and even Islam contributed significantly in the Champions League and has proven to be a good player elsewhere. Silva was always going to struggle given he had 6 months of his career robbed from him by FIFA.

Our transfer business, pound for pound, is probably the second best in the country in the last 5 years behind Liverpool. Why anyone continues to doubt the club's recruitment is beyond me, particularly when the poor 2016 summer was caused by two blokes that couldn't agree on anything, one of which left for Everton and the other was shown the door for losing the plot 6 months later.

Take a bloody bow sir. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Dammit I've just read an article on The Athletic on Tarkowski and think he'd be perfect for us. Now if we could just get him for sub £40m...

I’ve been saying for weeks that statistically he is up there with the best blockers in the league. If he could play from the back (no idea if he can or not) he’d be easily worth 35-40 mill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/12045292/ben-white-brighton-reject-22m-leeds-bid-for-defender

18.5m and 22m bids rejected for Ben White. I think it's going to take at least 30m or so with add ons to get him.

I'd even suggest they'd it push to £40mill tbh 

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he has rejected new contract offers from Brighton, he seems to want to move. We ought to be all over this.

Unless he's holding out for a higher wage or guarantees of playing time. Still has 2 years with an option of a 3rd left, so ball is still in Brighton's court. 

Would be a pricey deal for someone with 0 prem/top league experience.

Edited by UniFox21

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Brighton have no need to sell him so they won't. Asset value can only go north. Brighton unlike Bournemouth are ambitious and mean to stay in the premier league so selling him would be like us selling Soyuncu, you don't do it.

Only 2 years left on his contract and doesn't seem overly interested in signing a new one - rejected 2 new deals.