Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Absolutely no firm evidence yet of any incomings. What is going on, or should that be, isn't.  Pull your finger out Brenda, I don't want a last minute scramble, as there has been so often in the past.

To be fair we are pretty good at keeping things quiet, Perez last summer wasn't known about until the deal was pretty much already done

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm seeing a few links to Dianganga from West Ham. What are peoples thought? 

8 goals and 6 assists in just over 20 matches of game time is a pretty good return, seems like our type of signing as well

He has mainly played as a left footed left winger this season for West Brom but he is probably pretty capable at playing on the right side as well

Obligatory youtube video

He looks pretty happy to take players on and run at them which we definitely need from a winger

Wouldn't pay anymore than £20m for him though really

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

8 goals and 6 assists in just over 20 matches of game time is a pretty good return, seems like our type of signing as well

He has mainly played as a left footed left winger this season for West Brom but he is probably pretty capable at playing on the right side as well

Obligatory youtube video

He looks pretty happy to take players on and run at them which we definitely need from a winger

Wouldn't pay anymore than £20m for him though really

Agreed on all of this. 

When o watched the video, I was thinking his return probably wasn't very good but it seems pretty respectable. 

I wouldn't be keen as him as our main signing for the left wing but I would be more than happy with him as first team competition. 

Insane amount of skill and happy to take players on which we are missing right now. 

Thus vid seems to showcase his skill more....

Edited by Foxy_Bear

26 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm seeing a few links to Dianganga from West Ham. What are peoples thought? 

David Moyes must be having a bit of a woody at the thought of Jerrod Bowen and Diangana in his front three.

Doubt it will be easy to get him. I enjoyed watching Everton(god strike me dead) when Moyes was there. He can be a real attacking manager. Moyes won't let him go unless he needs money for a big iron in the fire.

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Agreed on all of this. 

When o watched the video, I was thinking his return probably wasn't very good but it seems pretty respectable. 

I wouldn't be keen as him as our main signing for the left wing but I would be more than happy with him as first team competition. 

Insane amount of skill and happy to take players on which we are missing right now. 

..just what we need for the right if we can't get our main target over the line!!

The versatility of the ability to play left or right is a bonus.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
23 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Can we announce someone already? I wanna be excited by anyone

Phil Jones on a ten year contract , does that excite you?

Edited by An Sionnach

Had another look at the leaked list of Celtic transfer targets from last April, just before Congerton left.

Maupay (CF, Brighton), Aribo (AM, Rangers) and Tomori (CB, Chelsea) all on there, who could perhaps be three interesting options for us. Maupay unlikely to leave Brighton this summer but I think they do need to sell someone big this summer, the other two could be useful cover for Maddison/CBs.

32 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Worried to see Daniel Sturridge saying he wants a premier league return. That's got Brendan written all over it

Sackable offence

33 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Worried to see Daniel Sturridge saying he wants a premier league return. That's got Brendan written all over it

He's yet to bring any of his old favourites back, even Lallana for all the links over the last 7-8 months and it didn't appear we even made him an offer. If Iheanacho went and we got Watkins or Eduoard then I'd also happily have Sturridge as an impact sub and to contend with Europe next season. 

It's probably worth remembering the ONE piece of ITK information we've had this summer so far is "I'd expect four free transfers from Europe"

If that genuinely is the case then they're probably all done and dusted and we'll just announce them in time for pre season/to promote new product. 

I imagine that statement only applies if we don't sell anyone mind...

Malang Sarr and Mario Gotze would be my bets from the current 'free agent' list. I find it difficult to pick out four though.... they seem like the only two 'from Europe' that we'd want/would be achievable.

Edited by AjcW

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Might be including that young Thai lad from the French second division, so that could be 1. 

lol can you imagine!

I might also be interpreting it far too literally, no reason they didn't mean English free's too, if that's the case wouldn't be surprised to see us get Clyne on a free as emergency back up for the wing backs and also we might enter the Fraser race.

Odegaard staying with Real Madrid’s first team next year apparently. Will cover CM/RW so maybe Brahim Diaz will become available.

Think Brahim could be a great alternative if we don’t get Trincao, probably much cheaper too. 

• Like 1