Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

36 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

09:54

WATFORD WANT £30M FOR SARR

Watford have told Crystal Palace they will not take a loss on £30m record signing Ismaila Sarr, according to The Sun.

The newspaper reports that Roy Hodgson would like Sarr to replace Wilfried Zaha - who is pushing for his own move away - but despite Watford's relegation, they are refusing to budge from their valuation, which is the same price they paid for Sarr when he joined from Rennes last summer.

We should be all over this.

Definitely got the ingredients to become a good player. I was more impressed with him during Rennes Europa League campaign in 2018/19 and the bits I saw of him at the 2018 World Cup than I was of him for Watford last season, although that game vs Liverpool was impressive. He's got the potential but the end product needs fine tuning hugely. We lack pace IMO from the right wing and he'd bring it.

7 minutes ago, NasPb said:

THOUGHTS ON DIEGO RICO FROM BOURNEMOUTH? 

I'VE NOT REALLY SEEN ENOUGH OF HIM TO MAKE AN INFORMED JUDGEMENT.

Stats seem alright though - from what was said in another thread, his stats indicate he's less attacking and more defensive than Chilwell, but then you'd be expect more interceptions and such from a side who ended up relegated.

10 minutes ago, NasPb said:

THOUGHTS ON DIEGO RICO FROM BOURNEMOUTH? 

Undecided. I think it depends on whether he's a potential Chilwell replacement, or backup. Not entirely convinced he'd be our left-sided Ricardo, but could be a great signing if he's Chilwell's deputy, allowing us to get Thomas out on loan.

We need a CDM cause mendy is going a CM cause Silva is going an gone as well as  an out and  out RW which Perez is not a . 4th/3rd choice CB and if chilwell leaves a LB . 

At CDM I think we should get William Carvalho or Weston Mkennie .At CM I think we should go for I know it’s unlikely but maybe John McGinn . At RW I was thinking Milot Rashica . At CB Fofana and at LB if chilwell leaves Jamal Lewis

9 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

We need a CDM cause mendy is going a CM cause Silva is going an gone as well as  an out and  out RW which Perez is not a . 4th/3rd choice CB and if chilwell leaves a LB . 

At CDM I think we should get William Carvalho or Weston Mkennie .At CM I think we should go for I know it’s unlikely but maybe John McGinn . At RW I was thinking Milot Rashica . At CB Fofana and at LB if chilwell leaves Jamal Lewis

So you would have Carvalho/Mckennie, McGinn, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, Choudhury and James competing for 2 or 3 CM spots? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

We’re replacing a Cm thats played about 10 games since he joined the club 3 years ago 👀 I agree we could do with another cdm but I personally think CM is the 1 position we’re pretty well stacked

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

We’re replacing a Cm thats played about 10 games since he joined the club 3 years ago 👀 I agree we could do with another cdm but I personally think CM is the 1 position we’re pretty well stacked

Agreed. We usually play with 3 CM's. A #8, a #10 and a CDM. At #10, we have Maddison and Perez (his best position IMO), at #8 we have Tielemans and Praet and at CDM we currently have Ndidi and Hamza. 

I can understand folks reservations of Hamza at CDM so can see why people want another but apart from that, I honestly think CM is sorted. 

36 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Agreed. We usually play with 3 CM's. A #8, a #10 and a CDM. At #10, we have Maddison and Perez (his best position IMO), at #8 we have Tielemans and Praet and at CDM we currently have Ndidi and Hamza. 

I can understand folks reservations of Hamza at CDM so can see why people want another but apart from that, I honestly think CM is sorted. 

Think we need a better maddison backup than perez tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Aouar would never come to us, also josh king and doucoure dont really fit on that list.

Josh king is better than Perez, Doucoure is the type of player we need in the team to give us some strength in midfield. We are too lightweight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I reckon it's more like 2x no.8s and a DM. I agree Perez is best as a no.10, but we don't really use that position. Not convinced he'd be that good filling in for Maddison.

I see Ayoze as a 3rd choice striker or backup RW if we carry on with 4-1-2-3.

I think we could do with a young playmaker/creative CM. It's most important we sort out RW and CB, though.

• Like 3

I think the point about us having a soft touch in midfield became massively exposed in the Man City & Liverpool double header. Really made me rethink about us. I actually think we need to sign another midfielder.

Also, the point they make about the general lack of leadership - that's part of the reason I want us to go for Mandzukic. I think he is not only a different type of striker off the bench but he is a warrior, Atletico fans I follow want him back there, he's a winner, a leader, I think he'd give us something from both a tactical and mental point of view, even if he won't play that many games.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1