Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Vichai Statue at the King Power Stadium

Outside the shop? Edited just to say it looks huge. Can't see the dimensions but the plinth looks like it's as tall as the person standing next to it. 

Additionally, it appears King Power haven't yet acquired the National Grid building and land round the back of the East Stand? 

Edited by Spudulike
Size matters

Like the idea and sentiment, just the placement is abit odd being in such a prominent position. We also don't have any statues of our actual footballing legends, we're a football club first and foremost and should be celebrating historical managers & players; Banks, Mo'N, 2016 lads, Ranieri, Vardy.

Would much rather he be West Stand near player's parking, riverside and quieter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

This will probably come across wrong but I really hope the statue is of just him and not him holding the Premier League trophy. 

I could go with that. Just him with that fatherly look of satisfaction he had when we were doing well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Like the idea and sentiment, just the placement is abit odd being in such a prominent position. We also don't have any statues of our actual footballing legends, we're a football club first and foremost and should be celebrating historical managers & players; Banks, Mo'N, 2016 lads, Ranieri, Vardy.

Would much rather he be West Stand near player's parking, riverside and quieter.

It's in a prominent position for a reason to be fair. 

This will probably come across wrong but I really hope the statue is of just him and not him holding the Premier League trophy. 

Yeah that's a decent shout.

• Like 1

Why?

Surely this was his finest/happiest moment and fitting to how he should be remembered?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Blue outline is the same outline as the original leaked expansion plans too

The outline on these plans doesn’t include the Eon building directly behind the east stand, whereas the leaked expansion plans did.

14 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I understand what you're saying but imho Vichai made every Leicester fan's dream come true (as did the players and Ranieri too) and so his statue deserves a prominent location. Just because there aren't statues of other notable figures (arguably there should be) that doesn't mean a tribute to Vichai doesn't warrant pride of place. Also, the names mentioned above are all still with us.

That's not me being populist by the way. That's genuinely what I think. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Why?

Surely this was his finest/happiest moment and fitting to how he should be remembered?

If we're going for a statue with the PL trophy (which we should) then it should be Ranieri and/or Morgan lifting it. 

• Like 4

"The bluestone plinth supporting the statue measures 1.45m x 1.45m at the base, which tapers slightly towards the top of the plinth to a height of 2m. The plinth will display the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation logo along with a plaque providing further information about the statue. The bronze statue of Khun Vichai will measure 2.7m in height, taking the overall height of the statue and plinth together to 4.7m".

Just hope they haven't employed the sculpture that created the Ronaldo and Maradona statues.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If we're going for a statue with the PL trophy (which we should) then it should be Ranieri and/or Morgan lifting it. 

No I’d go Jamie Vardy, he’s more legendary then both of the people you mention. Ranieri wasn’t here long enough for a statue. Vardy our greatest ever player and he should get the statue after Vichai. 

16 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I can see why it would be infront of the shop. Most visible to persons passing, tourists and sets up the photo opportunities.

Whatever they do and however they do it its brilliant and much needed.

If they're creating a walk way into the Stadium surrounds from Aylestone Road then placing it at that entrance would be good as there's a lot more traffic going by. They could name that 'Way'  Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Way

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pds said:

Probably get shot down for this but would prefer statues of players rather than Vichai. Love him for all he did obviously but always think statues should be reserved for players. 

Would love one of Schmeichel, Morgan and Vardy.

Agree with this.

We will most likely end up with a statue, road called The Vichai Way and the Vichai stand.