Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Many think this way which is more alarming. Sigh.

I post on a forum with a bunch of guys from the Southern US who do think that way. I just stay away from the subject. No matter the number of shootings, or the death totals, they still want their guns.

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

More interested in seeing how Biden reacts to this latest tradegy tbh. 

I'll leave the label watching to the people who care about such things. 

I'm not entirely sure how much he can do.

The other side will scream bloody murder about this guy being brown and as such why he's in the country in the first place but apparently he's lived most of his life in the US anyway - immigration restrictions wouldn't have stopped this. And actually passing gun control that would help would take a majority in the houses of Congress that Biden doesn't have. Ditto, probably, for mandating better access to mental healthcare that might have helped too.

Gun  control in america will never happen. Politicians like ted cruz have no moral compass and don't get a feck. 

It doesn't matter who the president is. You think if Trump said ban guns that congress and senate would vote for it? Doubtful.  Attitudes and thought processes need to change in America and that wont happen when the country is so divided. Biden has no pull and with no crazy majority in the senate it won't happen. Heck, the republican leaning Supreme court would strike things down anyways if they can.

I believe America's best option is to split up. Maybe then they will realize....

I would like to add that i am not the sharpest tool in the shed but i digress lol

Edited by Jattdogg

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ted Cruz:

Also Ted Cruz:

Bonus Ted Cruz:

Man isn't exactly the fastest car on the grid, if his comments about the Paris Climate Agreement are anything to go by.

Or he actually is stellar at the manipulation game and so doesn't care about being a hypocrite.

Not sure which is worse.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Man isn't exactly the fastest car on the grid, if his comments about the Paris Climate Agreement are anything to go by.

Or he actually is stellar at the manipulation game and so doesn't care about being a hypocrite.

Not sure which is worse.

Thank **** his family left Canada!

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Oh lord the comments on that lol Apparently it's too serious to joke about, just not serious enough to take measures which will reduce the likelihood of similar events happening in future.

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm not entirely sure how much he can do.

The other side will scream bloody murder about this guy being brown and as such why he's in the country in the first place but apparently he's lived most of his life in the US anyway - immigration restrictions wouldn't have stopped this. And actually passing gun control that would help would take a majority in the houses of Congress that Biden doesn't have. Ditto, probably, for mandating better access to mental healthcare that might have helped too.

Seems a bit forgiving considering the reactions to these sort of attacks on trumpet's watch tbh. 

48 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not sure what you mean, which reactions from who?

The general he's to blame for them because racist/why won't he do anything about it/in the pockets of NRA etc etc reactions. 

Seems like Biden is somehow getting a bit of leniency even though they control the house, senate and presidency. Further adding to what that one dude in the murican thread (can't remember his name sorry) about the system being shite/the problem. 

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The general he's to blame for them because racist/why won't he do anything about it/in the pockets of NRA etc etc reactions. 

Seems like Biden is somehow getting a bit of leniency even though they control the house, senate and presidency. Further adding to what that one dude in the murican thread (can't remember his name sorry) about the system being shite/the problem. 

The difference between the two being Trumps penchant for incitement of such events, and Bidens...not. Oh, and Biden actually wanting to do something to fix the problem and Trump not.

Of course, if the results are the same intent doesn't really matter much on a topic like this, though.

48 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The difference between the two being Trumps penchant for incitement of such events, and Bidens...not. Oh, and Biden actually wanting to do something to fix the problem and Trump not.

Of course, if the results are the same intent doesn't really matter much on a topic like this, though.

And this is what I'm waiting on. I want to see Biden do something. It's all well and good sitting in opposition and screaming that if you had the power blah blah. He has it, time to stop screaming and start doing imo. 

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lads, there's a ship stuck in the Suez canal. Forget your politics. 

20210324_083359.thumb.jpg.30674637249ecddf262099f35669aa62.jpg

Oops. :facepalm:lol

55 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

And this is what I'm waiting on. I want to see Biden do something. It's all well and good sitting in opposition and screaming that if you had the power blah blah. He has it, time to stop screaming and start doing imo.

It's a fair comment and one I don't disagree with tbh (the caveat that he can't do constitutional amendments for really big changes aside).

The Dems had the chance to do real healthcare reform when they last had all three posts but they tried to be too conciliatory to the repubs and what we got was the whole Obamacare mess. Perhaps they might learn from that, know that the Repubs are going to try to get in their way no matter what they suggest, and just plough ahead anyway.

There's an awful lot of literature saying that birth rates are going to descend rapidly (if not crash) not too far away due to the effects of visible and invisible pollution. Smaller willies is only one part of it.

However, that all plays into a rather larger issue about human population, how we sustain it, and what number is in fact sustainable.

Speaking personally, I think I trust scientific development to at least give humanity the ability to maintain a stable population number while dealing with the age imbalance that will result from a lower birth rate and the problems that might cause.

Edited by leicsmac

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There's an awful lot of literature saying that birth rates are going to descend rapidly (if not crash) not too far away due to the effects of visible and invisible pollution. Smaller willies is only one part of it.

However, that all plays into a rather larger issue about human population, how we sustain it, and what number is in fact sustainable.

Speaking personally, I think I trust scientific development to at least give humanity the ability to maintain a stable population number while dealing with the age imbalance that will result from a lower birth rate and the problems that might cause.

Once investment bank CEO's and big oil executives hear that pollution could affect the size of their cocks and virility you can forget Extinction Rebellion, these guys will be on the street with tie-dye shirts and pan flutes prancing about like some sort of millionaire hippie fest.