Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What's that got to do with anyone alive today? All the marches in the world aren't going to change the past.

A country's history has everything to do with everyone alive today. It's like saying Germany shouldn't reflect on its past because those who committed atrocities are now all dead. And yes I do think there is a difference between the British Empire and Nazi Germany, but still we should do more to recognise the fact that the British rule caused death and suffering and enriched our country at the cost of the countries that were colonised. And I think it would benefit the country, as it has in Germany.

• Like 2

Just now, bovril said:

A country's history has everything to do with everyone alive today. It's like saying Germany shouldn't reflect on its past because those who committed atrocities are now all dead. And yes I do think there is a difference between the British Empire and Nazi Germany, but still we should do more to recognise the fact that the British rule caused death and suffering and enriched our country at the cost of the countries that were colonised. And I think it would benefit the country, as it has in Germany.

So if you met a modern day German you'd expect him to apologise/atone for what Hitler did?

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What's that got to do with anyone alive today? All the marches in the world aren't going to change the past.

Failure to recognise past failing surely can’t help you understand how things need to change. Humans are fantastic at remembering the past. Educating people is the best way to prepare for change in my opinion, I don’t mean hang on the past but where necessary educate.

• Like 1

Proper annoying me all these people who have taken this as an excuse to have free reign of being an absolute cvnt. Takes away the attention on those who really want to protest peacefully and send a message in the right way. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nnfox said:

This is very sad to see.

Churchill statue also got defaced. 

That’s the bloke that led the country to defeat the Nazi’s which led to freedom. I am aware of Churchill’s past and views but without that freedom these people wouldn’t be able to “protest”.

As for Lincoln getting defaced. It’s just laughable. The guy that freed slaves.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Proper annoying me all these people who have taken this as an excuse to have free reign of being an absolute cvnt. Takes away the attention on those who really want to protest peacefully and send a message in the right way. 

Utterly predictable that the usual rent a mob a.holes would be out in force breaking stuff and attacking the police . 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Failure to recognise past failing surely can’t help you understand how things need to change. Humans are fantastic at remembering the past. Educating people is the best way to prepare for change in my opinion, I don’t mean hang on the past but where necessary educate.

Who's failed to recognise the past?No one's denying that bad things have happened in the past? The British empire is not why that man had his neck knelt on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Churchill statue also got defaced. 

That’s the bloke that led the country to defeat the Nazi’s which led to freedom. Without that freedom these people wouldn’t be able to “protest”.

As for Lincoln getting defaced. It’s just laughable. The guy that freed slaves.

The original anti fascist.

Just now, Webbo said:

Who's failed to recognise the past?No one's denying that bad things have happened in the past? The British empire is not why that man had his neck knelt on.

Someone who has more time than me could write a very long response to this lol 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's annoying me is the protests were actually working. People were discussing the issues at hand and some people in power were offering to move funding away from police and into the hands of the people, to elevate them and give them the same chance others receive. 

All the people that are willing to push further into violence are achieving is making sure the people that don't want to listen have an excuse not to. 

Just now, Webbo said:

Go on, explain it to me. lol 

The reason he was killed is not because of the British Empire, no. But there are all sorts of discussions to be had about race relations in America being a legacy of its origins as a country, amongst other things. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Sadly, as in all wars it is the innocent that suffer the most.

As for bombing and killing civilians the axis forces used it as a tool.The Germans used the Spanish civil war to actually practice it prior to the second world war.

They then upgraded it with the desolation of Rotterdam, Warsaw, Coventry and numerous others.

There can never be justification for this from ANY side but.......when your backs to the wall and the whole future of your Country, way of life and the very essence of civilisation is at stake I`m afraid it is a case of "He who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind".

And that is exactly what happened. And will, if needs be, happen again.

Hitler, from his position of massive strength in 1939 - 40 never envisaged the 10 fold retribution he subsequently received and, in my opinion , would probably would have continued with this policy if he had.

If you can formulate a policy of the  Industrial scale systematic murder of millions and millions of innocent men, women and children then a few extra thousand here or there is but a sideshow.

Even if they happen to be your own people, which of course the German Jews were.

And where will that take the world?

Terrorist can use that excuse. Hitler supporters can also use that excuse. Both of those party can have that argument. The Germans didn't just wake up one day and decided to start a war. The treaty of Versailles made sure that Germany will be handicapped in their military and their economy and they can use mental gymnastics (like the daily express article titled " judea declares war on Germany " and the call for boycotting German goods even though Germany's economy is already struggling which will fasten the downfall of the country) to defend their position. Because your argument and their argument is based on subjective morality. They can say they are the ones in the right. It becomes a scenario of "the winner is the king and the loser is the thief". Will that make them right? Of course not. Killing innocent people is killing innocent people.

1 single innocent person killed is 1 too many. People dying for no fault of their own isn't right. They are not a sideshow, they are people.

Edited by the fox

1 minute ago, bovril said:

The reason he was killed is not because of the British Empire, no. But there are all sorts of discussions to be had about race relations in America being a legacy of its origins as a country, amongst other things. 

The British Empire, America or any other country, didn't invent racism, it's as old as time.

• Like 2

Just now, bovril said:

Again, you've replied to something I haven't said. 

What were you implying when you said;

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

Just now, Webbo said:

What were you implying when you said;

Well I certainly wasn't saying "The British Empire invented racism" because that would indeed be a ridiculous statement to make. It's really not a complex sentence, there's more to it than the bit you've bolded, and I'm not entirely sure how I can rephrase it so it makes more sense, sorry.