Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

7 hours ago, doverfox said:

why not just do away with segregation in sports all together. Then every one competes on level terms. 

There's an argument to be made by segregating by skill and/or weight class in at least some sports rather than by gender.

No comment on deSantis' GCSE-level knowledge of biology on which this decision was based, then?

It looks like 'mother' is fast becoming a non-pc word. From now on, it's got to be 'parent who has given birth', according to Stonewall. Why bother using one word when a five-word phrase will do instead? What will their next bright idea be? Perhaps 'grandmother' should be replaced by 'parent who has given birth (a long while ago) to someone who later became a parent who has given birth themselves or who has impregnated another parent who has subsequently given birth'.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15159357/stonewall-employers-swap-mother-parent-equality-lgbt/

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It looks like 'mother' is fast becoming a non-pc word. From now on, it's got to be 'parent who has given birth', according to Stonewall. Why bother using one word when a five-word phrase will do instead? What will their next bright idea be? Perhaps 'grandmother' should be replaced by 'parent who has given birth (a long while ago) to someone who later became a parent who has given birth themselves or who has impregnated another parent who has subsequently given birth'.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15159357/stonewall-employers-swap-mother-parent-equality-lgbt/

Or perhaps people shouldn't let gutter press bringing up some daft ideas from a charity that also highlights very real discrimination distract them from the aforementioned very real discrimination in many different parts of the world.

Poisoned Well Fallacy is used so often as an excuse to make sure conversations that might be awkward to some people, e.g. the aforementioned discrimination, don't happen and no real progress is made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57366668

This has an air of the "and you are lynching black people" retort the USSR used to come out with whenever the US criticised it. I mean, there's a point there, but everyone is a hypocrite, including you, Mr Putin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57365628

Facebook nailing its colours to the mast then.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Poor 9y/o left without his family as well now, and life-changing injuries :( 

Absolutely horrific news over here. He should be charged with hate crimes and as a terrorist. Feckin cvnt!

This is scary as shite as a man of brown skin because unfortunately people  see skin colour first. I will now be a little more paranoid when out and about with the wife and kids.  I just don't understand why people are full of such hate and rage based on skin colour or religion or sexuality etc. Disagree by all means but keep your opinions to your own self and be a good human.

Sigh. I am so sorry for the family and loved ones left  behind who will have some serious grief and dark days ahead. God bless you all.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Absolutely horrific news over here. He should be charged with hate crimes and as a terrorist. Feckin cvnt!

This is scary as shite as a man of brown skin because unfortunately people  see skin colour first. I will now be a little more paranoid when out and about with the wife and kids.  I just don't understand why people are full of such hate and rage based on skin colour or religion or sexuality etc. Disagree by all means but keep your opinions to your own self and be a good human.

Sigh. I am so sorry for the family and loved ones left  behind who will have some serious grief and dark days ahead. God bless you all.

This is horrendous, but can anyone see this being reported in the UK? We have Sink holes in Israel, something about Kate Winslet, someone leaving the BBC etc but nothing of note of what has happened above. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

20 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I feel like we are a good country, but there's always people who make me wonder about that.

I understand there are people who don't like other people for whatever reason, but this was something you don't expect ever here.

Such a terrible tragedy for this family and for the Muslim community.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I feel like we are a good country, but there's always people who make me wonder about that.

I understand there are people who don't like other people for whatever reason, but this was something you don't expect ever here.

Such a terrible tragedy for this family and for the Muslim community.

Canada is a great country, Munky, one of my favourite places.

Even the best places have their nutters.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1