Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Good.

Hopefully such tools might also make it easier for the scumbags who post such images to be held accountable, too.

In fact I'd like to see similar measures taken for all such incidents regardless of age. Perhaps if there was a bit more accountability for publishing and distributing such pics without consent some folks might take it more seriously, rather than thinking it's all a big laugh ala the ridiculous "Fappening".

Well hopefully the system can be expanded to cover everyone eventually, I'd imagine it will depend on how effective/cost effective this new system will be. 

Although I'd point out that there are rules in place currently, as for your fappening example, the 4 (I think?) people responsible for that were given jail sentences, even though they (imo) were lenient. As always the law seems a few steps behind what happens on the internet, although for adults at least it seems to be slowly improving. 

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Well hopefully the system can be expanded to cover everyone eventually, I'd imagine it will depend on how effective/cost effective this new system will be. 

Although I'd point out that there are rules in place currently, as for your fappening example, the 4 (I think?) people responsible for that were given jail sentences, even though they (imo) were lenient. As always the law seems a few steps behind what happens on the internet, although for adults at least it seems to be slowly improving. 

Yeah, another example of technology moving faster than society itself does. As you say, hopefully it will catch up soon. 

Speaking purely for myself and with a certain vehemence, I would personally love to see someone who distributed such images without a thought for consent and laughed about it being sent down and someone saying to him as he goes (and it's usually a him, let's be honest), "still funny now, mate?"

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

It's a step in the right direction but won't fix the problem, not by a long way.  I doubt it will even be all that effective but it's a start and hopefully it will recieve the funding it needs to be developed.

59 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, another example of technology moving faster than society itself does. As you say, hopefully it will catch up soon. 

Speaking purely for myself and with a certain vehemence, I would personally love to see someone who distributed such images without a thought for consent and laughed about it being sent down and someone saying to him as he goes (and it's usually a him, let's be honest), "still funny now, mate?"

The trouble is, the majority of these images are distributed by other children.  You could quite easily criminalise an entire generation and put lots of children on the sex offender register.

Education, as always, has a key role to the eradication of the issue, but it will take time.  And lots of it.

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

It's a step in the right direction but won't fix the problem, not by a long way.  I doubt it will even be all that effective but it's a start and hopefully it will recieve the funding it needs to be developed.

The trouble is, the majority of these images are distributed by other children.  You could quite easily criminalise an entire generation and put lots of children on the sex offender register.

Education, as always, has a key role to the eradication of the issue, but it will take time.  And lots of it.

TBh in that post I was referring more to adults who should really know better (I don't see it being children getting a laugh out of sharing Jennifer Lawrence's nudes, that kind of powerplay is not the mentality kids possess), but I do see where you're driving at here. Again, tech moving faster than our brains do and more responsibility does need to be taught.

Shout out to Scotlands Tom Stoltman for winning the 2021 Worlds Strongest Man yesterday. He was diagnosed with Autism as a kid and lost his mother recently and had a tough childhood.

He's worked his nuts off with his brother Luke to achieve his dream.

Great story...

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a36786839/tom-stoltman-worlds-strongest-man-2021/

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57579002

The UK government has encouraged schools to hold a celebratory day this Friday aiming to instil pride in Britishness.

One Britain One Nation (OBON) Day, at which children are encouraged to sing a patriotic song, is being promoted by retired police officer Kash Singh.

The **** is this shit? I'm all for patriotism and being proud to be British, but not like this. Dunno what intentions Mr Singh had, but this comes across a bit fascisty imo. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The UK government has encouraged schools to hold a celebratory day this Friday aiming to instil pride in Britishness.

One Britain One Nation (OBON) Day, at which children are encouraged to sing a patriotic song, is being promoted by retired police officer Kash Singh.

The **** is this shit? I'm all for patriotism and being proud to be British, but not like this. Dunno what intentions Mr Singh had, but this comes across a bit fascisty imo. 

Mr Singh has been sniffing too many of Sturgeons undies.......

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The worst thing is that tune's been in my head all fvcking day.

19 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I think theres one song best know performed by an Englishman, whose words are well known, hark back for a better time in our countries history and has a positive Judeo-Christian theme.

Angels by Robbie Williams.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Innovindil said:

They've chosen tomorrow to sing this nation unifying song. Scotland schools are shut tomorrow. But that's the attention to detail I expect from this government.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They've chosen tomorrow to sing this nation unifying song. Scotland schools are shut tomorrow. But that's the attention to detail I expect from this government.

I suspect there's a reason for that. I was reading that Sturgeon thought the song was a wind up, then started moaning that the Scotch schools would be shut.

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Sigh, bloody disturbing and shameful on those responsible for this. 

This will be across canada so im scared to know how many around canada will be found. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada/2021/6/24/1_5483858.html

Makes my blood boil. 

But but but, this is all just history and we can't do anything about the way "we" treated the native Americans, and we shouldn't let it affect what goes on today!

....right?

On 21/06/2021 at 19:24, twoleftfeet said:

Not in the main stream  news but pickup some traction on you tube  

He is a left political comintator from Australia (i Believe ) and they are useing the police and anti terrorist laws to try and silence him. I know some of my post are for right wing than some see as centre but taking a way the right for free speech or policital satire is wrong from either side. 

he was arrested by a police unit setup to combat domestic terrorism.

Yep a comedian arrested by heavily armed and absurdly agressive  thugs...for making a comedy you tube.

Every TV comedy/satire show since the frost report has done more than these people.

If you arent concerned by this kind of overreach... then you probably deserve to live in it.

Guest Cujek
On 14/06/2021 at 12:13, Carl the Llama said:

Absolutely spot on.  It's fox news UK.  A lovely little cash grab with the added bonus of entrenching political power by further misinforming the gullible and hate-filled.

Love it how leftists preach tolerance and inclusion.

Yet anyone who don't agree with them are "gullible and hate filled"

I was watching some dude on YouTube interviewing people at some pride event, asking the people attending what pride ment to them, one person said "love and tolerance towards all human beings" next question was about what he thought of Donald Trump, the answer "He's an asshole and should be killed" great tolerance, love and inclusion right there.

It just makes people look like daft hypocrites.

Edited by Cujek
Speeling

20 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I was watching some dude on YouTube interviewing people at some pride event, asking the people attending what pride ment to them, one person said "love and tolerance towards all human beings" next question was about what he thought of Donald Trump, the answer "He's an asshole and should be killed" great tolerance, love and inclusion right there.

I believe one Mr Popper had something to say about a "paradox of tolerance" that covers this further.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

I'm raising an issue with a propaganda network designed to misinform people and play to their prejudices.  Your response is to tell me about a time you watched a YouTube video which... played to your prejudices.  Consider me told.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Cujek
Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I'm raising an issue with a propaganda network designed to misinform people and play to their prejudices.  Your response is to tell me about a time you watched a YouTube video which... played to your prejudices.  Consider me told.

Ah right so it's only tolerance and acceptance, when it's on your terms.

You will find most people on the right or centrist right, don't care who you put your willy in, or what colour your skin is, as long as you pull your weight and dont start acting entitled, expecting people to fit in with your world view.

Can you give any examples of hate speech on gbnews? The few bits I have seen have been fairly well balanced, even interviewing labour politicians in a fair manner.