Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I wish at least the Western European countries could bring more Social-History Education of other lands into their schools.

Including their strifes,and differences...There are so many Fazit in possible approaches...I admit I dont know the how...

Firstly having Pakistani,Indian,Persian,West-Indian friends ( some who came into our family), 1960s-70s has a older child.

One learnt a lot when One was Part of Open discussion.

Then in an hard proffesion, both travelling through work, then travelling to discover,to understand..I

.I already had learnt,studied about peoples of those far Off shores.I

Then I was Fortunate to travel/Work  through the Off  beat tourist paths Persian,Arab,Afghanistan,pakistan,Indian frontiers.

Here I Met a Great spread of " Peoples" ready & willing to discuss  Cross-exchange experiences in life, themselves, and beliefs....

First Where suprisingly in rough mountain Remote areas, where Religion, Islam were Not the First Port of Call in their beliefs.

Then the various religious- groups Living cheek to jaw & friendly supportive of each other in everyday life, then fragil any faction riot bursts out..

Often  on 1000 yrs Shared historical-religious Geographical Location on a wrong day,or breaking with agreed etiquette or a politicians trying to win points.

People die...,then a few Days later, the same people are Good neighbours once again...

A Western Riot just doesn't compare with any riot Kicking Off in any Asian country.

The Hindu Internal differences, compounded then their differences agreviances with the  Sikhs & visa-versa.

Seeing how the Taliban-Pashtan-tribes, other Pashtans and other tribes or peoples, seesawed between opinions, agreements arguments,

including the mountain-villages or peoples who had no religious alliance.

I suppose a Good start would to wade through the same & various lands Way of  lives without religion,then slowly filter it in, because Religion pops

up often  ( Not for all )to be a  Major Part of their Family & Family routine and welcoming others..

Then in other geographical locations, the differences & comparison between Mujahhideen,Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and other Local players...

The history / Story of the Punjab & rifts is much a Story has the Mountain-regions across the North Indian-continent..

Away from the above thoughts..

Because of the  of Russians, then afterward Bush's   USA/UK/Nato Military intervention

The alliances, beliefs changed drastically and dramatic  mostly off the back of Lack of  Reverence or help to generations of the young-male refugees,who After Not months but years, had their potential Futures alone,with or without families broken...

And their lives wishes & ambitions, were less comparable then any European-Chav..!!

Taliban became a lot of conscripts ,who had or lost respect to anything either their own Host Land or West could solve or offer. 

As I was in the mountain-regions, this was just After the Russian s had departed ( they did agree leave support & Medical staff behind)l

In some regions, Afghanistan/ Pakistani girls went to school, ....some

Now note this..!!  A couple villages had women mayors,  leading village spokesperson, when I Drove my

Expedition Truck through a couple of villages, we met a couple of women-mayors,shook my hand & hugged me

and in a field,we sat down & spoke about the region,village, Life.

One when we Met had a Rifle slung over her shoulder, both had Deep blue eyes.

If they had any Muslim/Islamisten thoughts, this just wouldnt of happened.

I also Met a couple of Sikh- groups,some in voluntary agricultral,support some were from the Indian punjab others were from Middle-towns in Pakistan 

The others were doing what I basically  did, they were travelling & trekking, ( at the Time 6 men & 2 women) for 6 months.

Sometimes leaving Wife & kids at a base,then even on long slogs, took them along... the women in the group were nurses,

and when asked offered their skills in Remote villages. We coincidently Met them 2 months later in the Skardu-area..

Amusingly the families  had taken a 4 day time-out in a "Dakota-plane". come Hotel reserve/parc...

They with whole Family had just come Off the Concordia-glacier-trek,where we were heading.

They put us onto a  Swiss looking-alm house, to eat,drink und sleep,where the old Kick off point to various treks started.

we didnt Sleep there, but we could leave our truck with them.

With our Sikh, travelling Shadows we could exchange some Good North-pakistan info

with the families and experience also enjoying a couple of comfy nights,

exchanging but more Learning / listening of their Sikh lives, beliefs, thoughts......Loved it..!!

That World 30-35 years ago was in these areas totally different...and Nature Infrastructure & human Intervention has also massively changed.

Sorry for für long post, But  I started rather controversially, I just Wanted to bring it down to more mellow-experiences

Your a lucky man to experience so much, IF everyone In the world had your life I'm sure we all would be at piece.

I'm also blessed, we Sikhs In the first page and our daily prayers do not speak of Sikhs we say 'sarbat da bhala', which is the wanting of well being of all, all religions and all people.  That is ingrained in our faith.

I am also blessed, our history extends to Pakistan, Afghan, Baloch and lots of Asia, I have been lucky enough to travel to Pakistan as far as the tribal regions of Rawalpindi to trace our roots.  It's a humbling thought that those people treated us like there brother's and it was never religion that was the issue but politics and government that caused such break ups within is. 

Generally in life people are very similar and people generally want the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Your a lucky man to experience so much, IF everyone In the world had your life I'm sure we all would be at piece.

I'm also blessed, we Sikhs In the first page and our daily prayers do not speak of Sikhs we say 'sarbat da bhala', which is the wanting of well being of all, all religions and all people.  That is ingrained in our faith.

I am also blessed, our history extends to Pakistan, Afghan, Baloch and lots of Asia, I have been lucky enough to travel to Pakistan as far as the tribal regions of Rawalpindi to trace our roots.  It's a humbling thought that those people treated us like there brother's and it was never religion that was the issue but politics and government that caused such break ups within is. 

Generally in life people are very similar and people generally want the same thing.

Yes its a shame the west so called civilised Govs have to send First  the military, before finding that out...

Communication/Debate/discuss...!!

Let panj gun, settle in our houses,  and panj Chor be seen but remain on our  doorstep  just to remind us...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, surrifox said:

Taliban going door to door looking for people who assisted to US and UK forces - I must say these mediaeval shitkickers didn’t waste time adopting gestapo tactics . Almost like they are in receipt of intelligence from somewhere 

It seems that the messages from the top are some way from being enacted at the bottom. I’m sure this is deliberate and when challenged they will claim it’s amid the chaos of the rapid take over ……

surely Raab is toast now ?  As each story will emerge of a translator being detained by the taliban, so the pressure will grow on him.  Each detention/possible death will be laid at his door (irrespective of whether his non call last Friday would have achieved anything).  That drip drip drip of apparent culpability will surely be too toxic for him to survive ??

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It seems that the messages from the top are some way from being enacted at the bottom. I’m sure this is deliberate and when challenged they will claim it’s amid the chaos of the rapid take over ……

surely Raab is toast now ?  As each story will emerge of a translator being detained by the taliban, so the pressure will grow on him.  Each detention/possible death will be laid at his door (irrespective of whether his non call last Friday would have achieved anything).  That drip drip drip of apparent culpability will surely be too toxic for him to survive ??

Not in this Cabinet. Unless he falls on his sword, his bottlejob boss will do nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not in this Cabinet. Unless he falls on his sword, his bottlejob boss will do nothing.

Of course you’re right about that - but if the rump of the media decide to go for him then the daily grim reports from Kabul with the associated family stories will prove tough to get through.  If they decide they want him gone then I’m sure they get him. Public opinion is a big deal with bojo. 

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course you’re right about that - but if the rump of the media decide to go for him then the daily grim reports from Kabul with the associated family stories will prove tough to get through.  If they decide they want him gone then I’m sure they get him. Public opinion is a big deal with bojo. 

Sadly, it's his only deal. If Johnson showed any kind of knack for true leadership he'd have sacked him by now - and Hancock when he should have done too.

On 20/08/2021 at 08:30, leicsmac said:

Why on earth would a company ban something that is almost all of its income?

Those pesky payment processing people have forced the change. Seams corporations are the new moral arbitrators of our time. Strange we talk about the Taliban taking away the  choices of women, what about Mastercard or Visa taking away a womens right to exploit the men who pay to watch. Is one group deciding what it is morally acceptable to do preferable to the other? Whilst on totally opposite ends of the spectrum i agree why no uproar from the feminists about this. 

On 19/08/2021 at 22:36, Wymsey said:

I know this is a random question, but does anyone else think that 'paedophile hunters' can potentially cause more harm than good (despite their intentions)?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-58206406

No not at all. I think they do a great job. In fact if they didn’t call the police at all and made these nonces ‘disappear’ they would save our prisons from housing them. The sentences handed down to peadophiles are an absolute disgrace. 
Always amuses me when people scream for internet racists who abuse football players to be jailed. I’m not sure if they are aware but quite often burglars and peadophiles are not jailed until the second or third offence. 
Perfect example is the article you have linked, the bloke avoided jail.  The restraint these hunters show when they sting them is something I wouldn’t be able to do. The nonces are lucky they are not found by a father who’s kids have been a victim.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

No not at all. I think they do a great job. In fact if they didn’t call the police at all and made these nonces ‘disappear’ they would save our prisons from housing them. The sentences handed down to peadophiles are an absolute disgrace. 
Always amuses me when people scream for internet racists who abuse football players to be jailed. I’m not sure if they are aware but quite often burglars and peadophiles are not jailed until the second or third offence. 
Perfect example is the article you have linked, the bloke avoided jail.  The restraint these hunters show when they sting them is something I wouldn’t be able to do. The nonces are lucky they are not found by a father who’s kids have been a victim.

The question is should they be a ragtag group of vigilantes or member of law enforcement. It needs doing and things are stretched. But please spare a thought to the officer etc who has to go through the hard drive categorising and collating the evidence i wouldnt want that part of the job either.

3 minutes ago, doverfox said:

The question is should they be a ragtag group of vigilantes or member of law enforcement. It needs doing and things are stretched. But please spare a thought to the officer etc who has to go through the hard drive categorising and collating the evidence i wouldnt want that part of the job either.

I think both have a role to play in hunting these low life’s down. The police also do covert ‘entrapment’ type tactics in a very similar vein.

I agree about the officer who has to categorise the filth they find on the computers. Awful job and I imagine the stress levels and sickness rates are through the roof in that role.