Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

53 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I find it so frustrating when people say ‘their government isn’t the people’  ...  so what ?? ...  should be just ignore it ??

They have form with cyber sabotage ..  Australia for example ...  and aren’t concerned about the huge damage they do to a countrys infrastructure.   Do we do that ?? ...   I’d say not.   And as for turning the fact that they started the coronavirus pandemic ...   and held back informing the world about it imo  ...  into western governments didn’t handle it well  !! ....  is totally irrelevant.  When the dust settles and the facts are gathered ...  that’s if there are any witnesses still alive or not in prison to tell us what happened in Wuhan ...  then I think they will come out of this very badly.

I appreciate that it’s very pc to slag off the Mail and anyone who reads it but if you are intelligent enough to ignore the scaremongering and nonsense they do have some good investigative journalists and print some interesting  articles.   

The makeup of the Chinese government definitely shouldn't be ignored, but nor should it be used to judge the whole populace or the country itself (which many people and yes, the Mail, seem keen to do) because who knows if the government there is representative of what they wish for? People should learn to separate such terms as they have much less to do with each other than they do in a democracy.

I think it certainly isn't implausible that the UK has the capability to carry out strikes in the way the Chinese have done, or be part of a united force that has already done so (take Stuxnet from a few years ago, for example).

WRT the Covid outbreak (that is still not 100% guaranteed to have originated in China in the first place, merely the first place it got big and merely on the balance of probability), the idea that the Chinese held back information that is the irrelevant factor IMO. Considering that it wasn't deliberately deployed as a bioweapon (outside the minds of all but the most dedicated tinfoil-hat wearers, anyway), regardless of where it's come from, when a force of nature like a virus is within your borders it's your problem and your problem alone - the response and effectiveness thereof is entirely the responsibility of the nation involved, provided one believes in those pesky ideas about sovereignty, anyway (that's practically what the term means). It's disingenuous to let those like Trump, Bolsanaro and even Boris (among others) off the hook even in a small fashion by saying the matter was out of their hands due to the Chinese, because the simple fact is it wasn't - they all had the capacity to fight Covid within their own borders, they just messed it up.

Just purely for the record - I despise the Chinese government for what they get up to and what they have done in the past to keep power and the lives they've thrown away to "save face". But generalisations of the country itself based on their government when it isn't a democracy chosen in large part by the people are lazy and inaccurate and should be called out as such (not that this stops various xenophobic sources, including the Mail, from doing so, more's the pity).

Edited by leicsmac
  • Haha 3

On 07/07/2020 at 18:27, Captain... said:

Agree with most of it but surely building up is largely a practical consequence of trying to fit as much as you can on as smaller foot print as possible, for space saving reasons.

The alternative is building wider or underground.

Wombles..!!

On 13/07/2020 at 04:18, leicsmac said:

Actually, on the earlier topic, Ms Satrapi says it much better than I can. She's referring to Iran, but the same could well be said for many other places too.

416850_290471434354171_217514361649879_8

Wonderful statement 

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53427197

'Shamima Begum can return to UK to fight citizenship, Court of Appeal rules'

Always knew this was coming, hopefully she's put in prison for the rest of her life.

Once she is hear I bet we’ll never be able to deport her, they’ll say we can’t deport her to a war zone. I don’t know why she can’t fight her appeal by video link. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What is on the far side of parody?  :blink:

That this man managed to convince a (sort of) plurality of people in a well-developed nation that he was acting in their best interests rather than merely his own, with everything geared to that outcome, is both rather perversely impressive on his part and a saddening indictment of the gullibility of others tbh.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Once she is hear I bet we’ll never be able to deport her, they’ll say we can’t deport her to a war zone. I don’t know why she can’t fight her appeal by video link. 

I guess the laws the law no matter who you are. She certainly needs to be held accountable for her actions but I have little doubt the UK govt acted against international law by stripping her citizenship. Bring her back follow the process of law and hopefully she won't see the outside world for a long long time. 

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Deport her to where?  She is British born and bred.  Our problem, our courts, our prisons.

• Like 4

I’m still waiting to hear what’s happening in Leicester with regard to the hosiery problem we have that involves issues such as illegal immigration and modern day slavery as well as a major reason why we have some of the worst virus figures in the UK ...  I read the local press ..  I watch the news ...  Soulsby is coming out with things like  “Had we had this detailed granular information six weeks ago we could have targeted the area with the problem..  knocking on doors, reinforcing the public health message and so on ..”.     and ...   “It was a political decision to take us into lock down ..”  

Seriously am I missing something here ...   didn’t we know that the hosiery problem was a major part of the virus problem, didn’t we know where they were (or the areas they were in), didn’t we know that due to the big money involved that ‘reinforcing the public health message’ would have no effect whatsoever and these places had to be shut down ...   asap !   No ..  he is more interested in the politics !!   I’ve got a sneaky feeling we probably won’t hear much more about it all ...   nothing changes ...  and here’s me thinking slavery is a hot topic.  

I was speaking to a friend of mine who lives not far from one of the hot ares and he says if you pass through at 5 in the morning you could  see large groups of workers waiting to be picked up and taken to the factory ...    and that happened every day until very recently.

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That this man managed to convince a (sort of) plurality of people in a well-developed nation that he was acting in their best interests rather than merely his own, with everything geared to that outcome, is both rather perversely impressive on his part and a saddening indictment of the gullibility of others tbh.

Oh,and apparently it's also an ethics violation as an abuse of public office power for private endorsement, too:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53429797

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Always knew this was coming, hopefully she's put in prison for the rest of her life.

If she loses the appeal, Though unlikely what then. Is there enough evidence to lock her up for life.if she does end up getting out of prison I don’t want her given a new identity and Naomi it you for life at taxpayers expense.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Exactly. Said this when the whole citizenship thing first made the news, and it's equally true now.

I'm very uncomfortable with the approach of treating British born and raised people differently based on where their parents are from. 

• Like 2

@leicsmac ...  this one  was in todays Telegraph so is that ok  ??   ...  and it’s not the Mail drumming things up, this is the Chinese government threatening “public and painful “ retaliation.  Their pursuit of world domination (the government not the people of course) is so aggressive t wouldn’t surprise me if the released the virus on purpose to fvck up everybody elses economy.  

F7C42DFC-9007-4BA3-8B3F-027BBE1A1C8A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Though young..she Made her  bed, !!! She turned her back on the "Big family",where Murder & beheadings are Not the norm.

She didnt join any romantic Freedom fighters,but a group of murdering sexual trading gangsters...

Riding a religious Lieing despot idea,  abusing and misinterpretting the great muslim faith.

Though she is a traitor she was only 15,how many English born  teenagers,have traitorous,Freedom.fight  (che Guevara hypocrocies) ideologies.

We Should Show the world,es even protect our teenage-rebels,even when they make Silly blind romantic descisions....!!!

Her actions were criminal,Abs and should serve time...In a UK Institutional organisation...where & how,that will depends on the UK prosecuting authority.

Her Father is Not defending her,but her rights as a Criminal in the UK...We Don t leave our shit on other peoples carpet...

Thats the right way...

My Personal Thoughts on These stupid lost souls...cant  be repeated on this "watershed-forum"

In short they IMO should be forced to Work for & help the society they first turned their back on..!!ich

Work for the less fortunate,also Show them we Dont behead or Massacre our own Internal religious/Political Oponents on  false whims of

Unfaithfull,Criminal ideas. Plus if our governments Step too out of line,then the masses can release them..!!

15 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

If she loses the appeal, Though unlikely what then. Is there enough evidence to lock her up for life.if she does end up getting out of prison I don’t want her given a new identity and Naomi it you for life at taxpayers expense.

I'm not sure it would be right to lock her up for life for the offences committed. It would make me deeply uncomfortable for someone to get a whole life sentence for something they did when they were a child. She should be convicted, jailed and rehabilitated back into society. 

• Like 1