Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Getting weird now. 

The left telling people what they can and cant think. It seems the media are falling out of love with BLM it is a shame that these people that have news channels didnt investigate the politics behind the organisation but that would have invovled getting one of the journalists to read more than the first page of their website. They hid it quite well https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/ i had to click on one link but you cant expect someone with the BBC's money to do two minutes of actual research. Instead they do this sort of twaddle https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53049127 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A short story, in two acts. lol

Nuts.

Harsh punishment I think, but from the sounds of it she's blaming people with different politics for getting her fired, rather than looking inward and admitting any fault for suggesting she would stab someone for saying all lives matter.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Nuts.

Harsh punishment I think, but from the sounds of it she's blaming people with different politics for getting her fired, rather than looking inward and admitting any fault for suggesting she would stab someone for saying all lives matter.

I kind of think the same.

It is a harsh punishment. But I can't really feel any sympathy for her when the first thing she does is start blaming it all on "the opposotion" and doesn't at all look inwardly or take responsibility for her actions.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Nuts.

35 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I kind of think the same.

It is a harsh punishment. But I can't really feel any sympathy for her when the first thing she does is start blaming it all on "the opposotion" and doesn't at all look inwardly or take responsibility for her actions.

Yeah, not once did she say 'because I threatened to stab people', it all happened 'because she stood up for BLM'. Incorrect my lovely.

On 30/06/2020 at 18:53, Finnegan said:

:dunno:

At the end of the day, BLM is far less an organisation than it is a hash tag, an idea, a slogan or a movement. 

That someone has a twitter account posting generic, student, leftist political sentiments like cliché Palestine support under the BLM name doesn't really make it representative of the millions around the world that went out to march under that banner.

I appreciate its a common alt right Internet trick to post a few nutters, looters or thugs and use them to diminish the entire movement but it doesn't really wash. 

On 30/06/2020 at 22:30, leicsmac said:

Sadly IMO it's a common trick because more often than not it does wash - look back through this thread and other threads on FT as well as out in the wider world and examples of such will present themselves.

I wish it wasn't so and there was more critical thinking going on, though.

On 01/07/2020 at 09:33, leicsmac said:

much more likely they're being what might uncharitably be called "useful idiots". Either way, eyes need to stay on the prize.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A short story, in two acts. lol

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Getting weird now. 

1 hour ago, twoleftfeet said:

The left telling people what they can and cant think. It seems the media are falling out of love with BLM it is a shame that these people that have news channels didnt investigate the politics behind the organisation but that would have invovled getting one of the journalists to read more than the first page of their website. They hid it quite well https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/ i had to click on one link but you cant expect someone with the BBC's money to do two minutes of actual research. Instead they do this sort of twaddle https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53049127 

....exhibit A for the prosecution, y'honour.

(to clarify just in case, the "useful idiots" in this case are the people depicted in both of those Twitter posts.)

On 02/07/2020 at 09:46, Jon the Hat said:

It is amazing that someone so ill equipped to deal with an obvious question can be selected to be the candidate.  Less amazing that she was elected.

More likely the result of positive discrimination.

6 hours ago, simFox said:

Was about to post the Gary Lineker/BLM row, but it seems it's already been covered.

Didn't expect BLM to be outed so quickly, nice to see though. 

What happened here? Don't see it in the other threads.

The only thing I'll say is something that's been said before: if a person allows at least some of the stuff being done in the name of BLM to so easily distract them from the cause for which it was originally raised, then it's likely they didn't care much for the original cause nor the people involved in the first place.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 23:22, Aus Fox said:

I just listened to that interview linked to the tweet and am flabbergasted that at some point people have voted for this lady. 
She comes across as thick and to follow up being called out on this with labelling someone who calls her out as racist is beyond belief from an elected official. 

On 02/07/2020 at 00:54, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

😂😂😂 What a joke she is. Christ.

On 02/07/2020 at 09:46, Jon the Hat said:

It is amazing that someone so ill equipped to deal with an obvious question can be selected to be the candidate.  Less amazing that she was elected.

It is totally beyond belief that this person is a member of parliament ...  it just shows how absolutely ridiculous things have become ...    she is a complete joke and the interview comes across as more of a comedy sketch ...   I’d rather have the interviewer as an MP than her ...  in fact I’d rather have most people on FT as an MP than her !!  ..  seriously !

This is happening more and more now ...  comedy figures in politics and positions of authority  ...  Abbot is up there in the top 3 and another of my favourites is a woman who was interviewed when we were pulling statues down ..   when asked about Winston Churchill she said something along the lines of ...   ‘Well I can’t lie I’m not really into history and stuff but, you know, if people say he is a racist then, well you know, maybe he is ...   personally I can’t comment on that cus I’ve never met him’.  She was a member of the police advisory board.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It is totally beyond belief that this person is a member of parliament ...  it just shows how absolutely ridiculous things have become ...    she is a complete joke and the interview comes across as more of a comedy sketch ...   I’d rather have the interviewer as an MP than her ...  in fact I’d rather have most people on FT as an MP than her !!  ..  seriously !

This is happening more and more now ...  comedy figures in politics and positions of authority  ...  Abbot is up there in the top 3 and another of my favourites is a woman who was interviewed when we were pulling statues down ..   when asked about Winston Churchill she said something along the lines of ...   ‘Well I can’t lie I’m not really into history and stuff but, you know, if people say he is a racist then, well you know, maybe he is ...   personally I can’t comment on that cus I’ve never met him’.  She was a member of the police advisory board.

She was jettisoned into the seat basically due to her loyalty to Corbyn and the fact she was born in Leicester. There was a lot of more capable, local people who deserved that seat more than her. Hopefully Labour is now moving past those times but it really is a bit embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

She was jettisoned into the seat basically due to her loyalty to Corbyn and the fact she was born in Leicester. There was a lot of more capable, local people who deserved that seat more than her. Hopefully Labour is now moving past those times but it really is a bit embarrassing. 

That makes it even worse imo ...  should not happen ...  whatever the reason.

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I was warned months ago that Claudia Webbe was not an upgrade on Vazeline. Starmer has a massive job to do. I suppose that me and thousands of others like me will not take an active interest in Labour while this sort of sh 1t is still endemic. Pandemic???

So Nigel Farage has bocken quarantine yesterday and post a picture of himself with a pint in a pub. The leader of the Liberals have reported the matter to kent police.

Question is the problem with UK polotics that they are more interested in pointing out the wrong doing in others that doing right themselves. 

Not defending Farage because i dont know all the details the only person in the picture he posted was him. My real point is are we quickly turning in Ceausescu Romania with everyone spying on one another.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

I was warned months ago that Claudia Webbe was not an upgrade on Vazeline. Starmer has a massive job to do. I suppose that me and thousands of others like me will not take an active interest in Labour while this sort of sh 1t is still endemic. Pandemic???

But we need to take an interest in Labour to free it from extremeists and turn it back to centre left.