Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 hour ago, twoleftfeet said:

So Nigel Farage has bocken quarantine yesterday and post a picture of himself with a pint in a pub. The leader of the Liberals have reported the matter to kent police.

Question is the problem with UK polotics that they are more interested in pointing out the wrong doing in others that doing right themselves. 

Not defending Farage because i dont know all the details the only person in the picture he posted was him. My real point is are we quickly turning in Ceausescu Romania with everyone spying on one another.

This is the problem with modern ‘liberalism’. It isn’t liberalism. Farage does something which makes him look stupid so leave it there. Instead by reporting him, it looks petty and pathetic and just emboldens people who support Farage that we live in a nanny state. 

4 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

So Nigel Farage has bocken quarantine yesterday and post a picture of himself with a pint in a pub. The leader of the Liberals have reported the matter to kent police.

Question is the problem with UK polotics that they are more interested in pointing out the wrong doing in others that doing right themselves. 

Not defending Farage because i dont know all the details the only person in the picture he posted was him. My real point is are we quickly turning in Ceausescu Romania with everyone spying on one another.

It’s the problem with the whole of society. Pulling someone down to make yourself look better is far easier than then being better at something than the other person.

• Thanks 1

With regards to the modern slavery allegations in some Leicester factories, claimed during this lockdown period, rumour has it that Peter Soulsby and Keith Vaz both did knew about these problems for years - but they didn't take any action on it, over the fear that they could lose a lot of votes in the areas they represent/represented during the local elections.

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

With regards to the modern slavery allegations in some Leicester factories, claimed during this lockdown period, rumour has it that Peter Soulsby and Keith Vaz both did knew about these problems for years - but they didn't take any action on it, over the fear that they could lose a lot of votes in the areas they represent/represented during the local elections.

Vaz definitely did

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Keith Vaz involved in a dodgy scandal? Imagine my shock.

• Like 1

Apparently there is a new group of UK "concerned citizens" (you might say) called Patriotic Alternative who enjoy, well, long windy walks with banners, it would seem.

Their motto is allegedly "We Were Never Asked". Imagine having an ego so over-inflated that you think your permission (as that group alone, that is) for decisions on race relations and the like is either desired or required.

FB_IMG_1594028971246.jpg

• Sad 1

"Campaigners had urged the court to send him to the US, where he would have faced a harsher punishment than in South Korea."

it seems to me that the problem is down to the punishment being light in South Korea. Maybe they should work on that.

Edited by the fox

Just now, the fox said:

"Campaigners had urged the court to send him to the US, where he would have faced a harsher punishment than in South Korea."

it seems to me that the problem is the punishment is light in South Korea. Maybe they should work on that.

Well, the whole function of prison around the world and the degree that it is focused on either punishment or rehabilitation is a whole debate in of itself.

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

People have aware of it for years from local to national - it's a product of consumer system which most people profit off. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53305006

Boohoo to investigate the worst kept secret in Leicester. After the Sunday Times slapped it down in black and white. 

What's the betting these cvnts say "ah we won't be ordering from them again, [some shite apology here] ", quick name change of the factory in Leicester from jaswal fashions to jaswall fashions and back on the books again. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 10:46, twoleftfeet said:

He posted the picture of his own accord for publicity, knowing what he'd done. No one was "spying" on him.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 12:35, Lionator said:

This is the problem with modern ‘liberalism’. It isn’t liberalism. Farage does something which makes him look stupid so leave it there. Instead by reporting him, it looks petty and pathetic and just emboldens people who support Farage that we live in a nanny state. 

I'll point out that a huge portion of Liberal Democrats weren't keen on it either, and we haven't elected a leader yet, we have two acting leaders - the former deputy leader and party president. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The BBC is digging its own grave. 

When did the Karen label become synonymous with white privilege? Its for  the stuck up middle classes who insist on speaking to a manager. 

5 minutes ago, iniesta said:

When did the Karen label become synonymous with white privilege? Its for  the stuck up middle classes who insist on speaking to a manager. 

I'm actually loving watching people that have no idea how the whole Karen meme started trying to figure out what it all means and who it's meant to be "insulting" towards. 

Amazing stuff. lol

8 minutes ago, iniesta said:

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

I'm actually loving watching people that have no idea how the whole Karen meme started trying to figure out what it all means and who it's meant to be "insulting" towards. 

Amazing stuff. lol

Can only speak for my own take here, but it kinda started when white women calling the cops on black people for entirely spurious reasons in the US began to be recorded and examined in greater detail. I think it got sort of seamlessly integrated into the existing idea of a Karen because there's a fair amount of overlap between the type that will demand to see the manager and the type who will happily sic the fuzz onto black folks who are mostly minding their own business.

That all being said, not really sure how much it has to do with life in the UK, though, thanks to the UK fuzz being, you know, no longer institutionally racist - mostly, anyhow. FWIW I don't think it's a bad thing that the Beeb are having these type of conversations because anything that draws more attention to the way the police treat people of colour in the US and as such has even a slim chance of pushing for change there is worth pursuing, I reckon.

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Amazing stuff. lol

It is amazing, but I cant help but be saddened by it. 

The womxn top right is trans m2f and is telling women to shut up and get out the way. 😂

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53306809

Another situation where the UK need to tread carefully - the Chinese government is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin (see Hong Kong) but this matter in particular is one where the current US administration could easily be blowing smoke with next to no fire for it's own distinctly untrustworthy and self-interested controlling purposes.

As Mr Inkster in the article says, the UK needs to move adroitly to try and not get involved in the current pissing contest between the US and the PRC.

6 hours ago, iniesta said:

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Amazing stuff. lol

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Can only speak for my own take here, but it kinda started when white women calling the cops on black people for entirely spurious reasons in the US began to be recorded and examined in greater detail. I think it got sort of seamlessly integrated into the existing idea of a Karen because there's a fair amount of overlap between the type that will demand to see the manager and the type who will happily sic the fuzz onto black folks who are mostly minding their own business.

That all being said, not really sure how much it has to do with life in the UK, though, thanks to the UK fuzz being, you know, no longer institutionally racist - mostly, anyhow. FWIW I don't think it's a bad thing that the Beeb are having these type of conversations because anything that draws more attention to the way the police treat people of colour in the US and as such has even a slim chance of pushing for change there is worth pursuing, I reckon.

6 hours ago, iniesta said:

It is amazing, but I cant help but be saddened by it. 

The womxn top right is trans m2f and is telling women to shut up and get out the way. 😂

They've deleted it now, turns out people don't like to be told they're problematic based on their race and their gender. I'm sure there's words for that tho  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I'll point out that a huge portion of Liberal Democrats weren't keen on it either, and we haven't elected a leader yet, we have two acting leaders - the former deputy leader and party president. 

It's not just a Lib Dem problem, it's most of the left. Who do you think is most likely to win the leadership? I think Moran would be better than Davey.

7 hours ago, iniesta said:

I have to be honest, I'm all for calling out racists and contemporary fascists and publicly shaming them. 

But I do find it a bit of a shame that the Karen stereotype got hijacked a little and politicised. 

It was really just about laughing at pompous and entitled people. Now granted, the vast, vast, vast majority of pompous and entitled Karens do usually turn out to be fairly Conservative but  A. that wasn't the point and B. you definitely can be "left wing" and still be Karen or even really non white and still be Karen. 

People putting the Karen hashtag on someone that's just like some white trash MAGA trailer park meth head shouting at some black kids is just not what the joke was. 

• Like 2