Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

5 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

21258832_Italydadworkjulieswedding051.thumb.jpg.6cc11fa8f0b85814ec67e86ce68ca46b.jpg

While the gesture is very nice, I'm sure it's possible to show the greatest respect for those that died fighting totalitarianism so that we might talk about it here (among other places) *and* want changes to the way that institutionalised police malpractice adversely affects people of colour in the US at the same time.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2020 at 19:01, davieG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53339296

One person has died and four people are injured after a crane collapsed on to houses and a block of flats which were being built in London.

The 20m (65ft) crane crashed on to the development and two terrace houses in Compton Close, Bow, just before 14:40 BST.

Despite treatment one person died at the scene. Four others were injured, including two people taken to hospital for head injurie

It's mad to think, this, and other random deaths, could happen to any one of us, but we never think it will be us it happens to (rightly so statistically speaking). It's a weird life sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Ridiculous

2jqyv4ar5x951.png

Come to Canada and buy how you like. Legal or not. Enjoy a tim hortons coffee & donut at the same time.  

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Just like alcohol and tobacco....

Good lord stop speaking common sense on this forum!

Edited by Jattdogg

40 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Careful, they might decides if that's the case, they'll make those illegal. 

They will never do that, treasury would lose too much pound. 

Economically, weed is a boom industry, would produce more pound for the treasury should it be legalised and we are being left behind thanks to our conservative approach to it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RobHawk said:

They will never do that, treasury would lose too much pound. 

Economically, weed is a boom industry, would produce more pound for the treasury should it be legalised and we are being left behind thanks to our conservative approach to it.

They could bloody do with it too.

I'd go with this ahead of giving people meal deals.

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

They could bloody do with it too.

I'd go with this ahead of giving people meal deals.

It's the common sense, 21st century approach, but so many grey UK votes would be against it, no party would actually do it. Not at the moment anyway. 

As a side note, it would probably be more beneficial to takeaways and restaurants too with half the nation having the munchies every night 

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We are really getting some bad press at the moment ..  

1B7B8F19-673E-4787-89E5-67B455A28E3A.jpeg

On the flip side, let's praise the police for foiling the plot and stopping something catastrophic from happening :) 

• Like 2

Haven’t you b@stards done enough damage to us !!

Now we probably won’t go ahead with them on the 5G project and take them to task over Hong Kong and the Coronavirus apparently they are going to ‘make us pay’.  If I were you I’d check my online security and change your passwords...   might help ...  I did it a few weeks back.

EA3AC930-5212-48D5-B475-45118499F352.jpeg

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Haven’t you b@stards done enough damage to us !!

Now we probably won’t go ahead with them on the 5G project and take them to task over Hong Kong and the Coronavirus apparently they are going to ‘make us pay’.  If I were you I’d check my online security and change your passwords...   might help ...  I did it a few weeks back.

EA3AC930-5212-48D5-B475-45118499F352.jpeg

Well, it's not typical of the Mail(?) to stir up some nice Yellow Peril, is it?

As much as the Chinese government are repressive bastards and what they're doing to Hong Kong is brutal and should be called out, their government isn't their people, cyber conflict is a form of realpolitik that every leading nation (including the UK) indulge in, and they definitely aren't responsible for the failure of US, UK and Brazilian (among other) governments to contain and adequately deal with Covid-19 once it got within their borders, no matter what folks like Trump might say in order to deflect from their own shortcomings.

On 10/07/2020 at 21:31, RobHawk said:

It's the common sense, 21st century approach, but so many grey UK votes would be against it, no party would actually do it. Not at the moment anyway. 

As a side note, it would probably be more beneficial to takeaways and restaurants too with half the nation having the munchies every night 

Ours might.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, it's not typical of the Mail(?) to stir up some nice Yellow Peril, is it?

As much as the Chinese government are repressive bastards and what they're doing to Hong Kong is brutal and should be called out, their government isn't their people, cyber conflict is a form of realpolitik that every leading nation (including the UK) indulge in, and they definitely aren't responsible for the failure of US, UK and Brazilian (among other) governments to contain and adequately deal with Covid-19 once it got within their borders, no matter what folks like Trump might say in order to deflect from their own shortcomings.

I find it so frustrating when people say ‘their government isn’t the people’  ...  so what ?? ...  should be just ignore it ??

They have form with cyber sabotage ..  Australia for example ...  and aren’t concerned about the huge damage they do to a countrys infrastructure.   Do we do that ?? ...   I’d say not.   And as for turning the fact that they started the coronavirus pandemic ...   and held back informing the world about it imo  ...  into western governments didn’t handle it well  !! ....  is totally irrelevant.  When the dust settles and the facts are gathered ...  that’s if there are any witnesses still alive or not in prison to tell us what happened in Wuhan ...  then I think they will come out of this very badly.

I appreciate that it’s very pc to slag off the Mail and anyone who reads it but if you are intelligent enough to ignore the scaremongering and nonsense they do have some good investigative journalists and print some interesting  articles.   

• Haha 2