Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Two-and-a-half years per victim is pathetic. Murderers should get a minimum of 20 years per victim imo.

Yeah, but then you end up with the ridiculous over the top US style sentences that don't actually mean anything, like some serial killer getting 532775488 years because of their body count.

Whole life or whatever the maximum is (in this case) is sensible, anything beyond that just looks inane.

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ridiculous.

Fair play to Jones here btw for calling that out, it's a stupid thing to say publically on on a social media platform.

Was about to condemn the tweet myself till I noticed it was Owen Jones, seems to me he’s just addicted to being offended.

Edited by josh_baskin

6 hours ago, Strokes said:

I think it’s more a case of the weirdo’s finding them. 
Let’s be honest, the brexit debate really has brought out some utter morons on both sides.

Spot on, especially with Johnson whose probably, politically at least, one of the more liberal leaders the Tories have had, it’s his opportunism and political plays that are up for the most criticism. The idea  that he or this cabinet is ‘fascist’ is a bit pathetic really, especially in terms of Brexit when it was supported by many in the Far Left including a certain ex-Labour leader. 

On the other side of the aisle I’ve seen rising usage in terms around the flavour of ‘Marxist Corporations’ or ‘Communist Companies’, I don’t even know where to start with that one lol 

You’d hope now Brexit will be done by the start of next year and with Starmer as Labour leader we’ll start to see both sides reign it in a bit. I try to stay to myself on social media sites but the amount of shite you see retweeted and shared of both types mentioned above by otherwise fairly normal people is irritating if not a tad concerning.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Spot on, especially with Johnson whose probably, politically at least, one of the more liberal leaders the Tories have had, it’s his opportunism and political plays that are up for the most criticism. The idea  that he or this cabinet is ‘fascist’ is a bit pathetic really, especially in terms of Brexit when it was supported by many in the Far Left including a certain ex-Labour leader. 

On the other side of the aisle I’ve seen rising usage in terms around the flavour of ‘Marxist Corporations’ or ‘Communist Companies’, I don’t even know where to start with that one lol 

You’d hope now Brexit will be done by the start of next year and with Starmer as Labour leader we’ll start to see both sides reign it in a bit. I try to stay to myself on social media sites but the amount of shite you see retweeted and shared of both types mentioned above by otherwise fairly normal people is irritating if not a tad concerning.

It’s difficult isn’t it?

I genuinely think centre right and centre left have more in common with each other, than they do with their counterpart, polarised weirdo freaks and it’s time we both challenged them.

Just because you agree with their position/endgame (ie brexit/remain), doesn’t mean you have to agree with all of their nonsense.

• Like 2

That Owen Jones tweet is a reach. Is it unacceptable to liken Boris' led Tory party to Nazis? Of course! They were Nazis.

But then again, it was Boris who endorsed "herd immunity" (which pretty much implies that the weak should just die). Maybe it was a reference to the disabled people in Germany who died in the Holocaust because the Nazi regime deemed them unfit. The reference was nonetheless, uncalled for no matter which suffering group of people the post was talking about.

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

That Owen Jones tweet is a reach. Is it unacceptable to liken Boris' led Tory party to Nazis? Of course! They were Nazis.

But then again, it was Boris who endorsed "herd immunity" (which pretty much implies that the weak should just die). Maybe it was a reference to the disabled people in Germany who died in the Holocaust because the Nazi regime deemed them unfit. The reference was nonetheless, uncalled for no matter which suffering group of people the post was talking about.

Seriously? 

17 hours ago, the fox said:

H9f4Dcr.jpg

Rule Britainia to be removed from last night of the proms because of its links to British Imperialism and upsetting the BLM movement. Now, I ain’t no racist or anything, fat from it, but this is getting slightly ridiculous. Why do black people want to erase their history? Surely where you come from, what you are and where you’ve ended up is something that makes a person what they are. Just because Africans were sold into slavery by their fellow Africans doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I traced my family tree back and it turned out some one on my mums side was hung for murder in Nottingham 300 years ago, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to scrub his name off the family tree.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 16:23, the fox said:

Ignorance is bliss, don't you find?

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rule Britainia to be removed from last night of the proms because of its links to British Imperialism and upsetting the BLM movement. Now, I ain’t no racist or anything, fat from it, but this is getting slightly ridiculous. Why do black people want to erase their history? Surely where you come from, what you are and where you’ve ended up is something that makes a person what they are. Just because Africans were sold into slavery by their fellow Africans doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I traced my family tree back and it turned out some one on my mums side was hung for murder in Nottingham 300 years ago, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to scrub his name off the family tree.

Amen. 

Wait until BLM hear that most Germans are related to ACTUAL NAZIS. We're going to have to do away with Germany. 

It's unfortunate that modern life is built on a foundation of cruelty and malice. Most of civilization has been. It doesn't mean all links and reference to the past must go. 

Honestly, it seems this movement and a crowd attached to it are enamored with their own influence. We can get stuff removed from history by being offended? Oh, cool. I'm offended by everything. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Amen. 

Wait until time BLM hear that most Germans are related to ACTUAL NAZIS. We're going to have to do away with Germany. 

It's unfortunate that modern life is built on a foundation of cruelty and malice. Most of civilization has been. It doesn't mean all links and reference to the past must go. 

Honestly, it seems this movement and a crowd attached to it are enamored with their own influence. We can get stuff removed from history by being offended? Oh, cool. I'm offended by everything. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I think most ordinary people would raise an eyebrow if there were still actual statues of Hitler around.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I think most ordinary people would raise an eyebrow if there were still actual statues of Hitler around.

Rule Brittania doesn't exactly have the same impact as a statue of Hitler. 

And nor do half these statues that 'need' tearing down. Its just daft. 

And with reference to the obviously facetious Germany reference I made - didn't BLM demand that Gladstone be removed from Liverpool University because his parents owned slaves. Punishing the son for the sins of the father is a tenet of extreme fascism isn't it? I can't take any political movement seriously that's going to make daft stances like that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We’re digging up roman statues and fornicating all over them, probably one of the most slave driven societies ever. 

Anyone participating in these BLM protests also really needs to examine their morals if they own any Apple products. Modern day slavery and developed by a nation bound up by slavery. 

But its easier to froth at the mouth over centuries old music and long dead people than it is to walk the walk, so to speak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think it's confirmed yet, is it? 

But yeah, it'd lovely if we had someone to tell these people to just '**** the **** off' like Macron essentially did. 

Matthew Syed wrote a good column  today about the absurdity of where this sort of stuff is going in America. We're nowhere near that yet but if we just let it roll then its not far off. 

Edited by Kopfkino