Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

christ on a bike - where else was on the shortlist?

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

My mates were planning a weekend away and Beirut was on the shortlist,only me and him fancied it and were trying to convince the others.

might be struggling now.

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

christ on a bike - where else was on the shortlist?

Damascus, Yemen?

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Appears that it's sodium nitrate which is stored there which is used to blow through mountains when they need removing. There's going to be a lot of dead people and some people who have serious questions to answer.

Seems entirely possible, the orange /red cloud is a possible indicator too (according to those who know about this stuff) 

I fear a very large death toll from this. Hospitals already overwhelmed with just the walking wounded. 

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

116852246_1521548604690582_4388878098662

...no words.

Pretty sure that sounds like a Match of the Day interview from the start of the Century.

Lineker: Do you think history will remember Junior Lewis?

Taylor: I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know. Junior Lewis he chose not to be my captain. I don’t know Junior Lewis. I never met Junior Lewis I don’t believe.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Pretty sure that sounds like a Match of the Day interview from the start of the Century.

Lineker: Do you think history will remember Junior Lewis?

Taylor: I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know. Junior Lewis he chose not to be my captain. I don’t know Junior Lewis. I never met Junior Lewis I don’t believe.

To be fair, comparing Peter Taylor in a football managerial capacity to Trump in any kind of statesman role is probably an insult to the former IMO.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

116852246_1521548604690582_4388878098662

...no words.

Its okay for him to have opinions on a guy who he feels disrespected him etc. Whether you agree/disagree thats fair.

What i laugh at is his "nobody has done more for Black Americans than i have".

-"Jobs, lowest  unemployment yada yada"

-"Good people on both sides" ( you know some of those kkk people are good people)

-those football sons of bitches who dont stand for the anthem

-constantly rips obama and says he isnt a real american and born elsewhere 

Are you feckin mad? Are you stupid? As a visible minority myself, how any person of 'colour' can support that doosh is beyond me. I wont say the democratic party is the answer but for crying out loud wake up America.

I'll be honest, I'm not really driven to eat chicken McNuggets anyway, but if anything this puts me off:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-53662400/face-mask-found-in-chicken-nugget-in-aldershot

Mind you, why didn't I get a mention on the national news when I found a chopped up blue sticking plaster in a Ye Olde Oak tinned hotdog? Probably because I ate the remaining hotdogs and told nobody else about it until years later, and also you know, sometimes it's just bad luck and can't be helped

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

-"Good people on both sides" ( you know some of those kkk people are good people)

Are you feckin mad? Are you stupid? As a visible minority myself, how any person of 'colour' can support that doosh is beyond me. I wont say the democratic party is the answer but for crying out loud wake up America.

Central Park Five to the list as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Its okay for him to have opinions on a guy who he feels disrespected him etc. Whether you agree/disagree thats fair.

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Central Park Five to the list as well 

That he can say all of that and then say that he's done "more for Black Americans than anyone" and actually have people believe him is a testament to either remarkable skill at deception or some serious gullibility on the part of those spoken to. Perhaps both.

Of course, you'd think that the vast majority of people who believe him when he says that aren't, in fact, black.

Interesting story this. 

Coronavirus card payments: Thousands back Birds bakery manager

A former bakery manager at the centre of a row over taking cash payments has called for the firm to apologise to its customers. Megan Metcalfe was sacked in June after she paid for customers' purchases with her own card so they could use cash. Ms Metcalfe, 60, had worked at the Birds bakery in Radcliffe-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire for 44 years. The firm said Ms Metcalfe had been fired "with regret" but she had broken its coronavirus policies.

Two petitions have called for the bakery to reinstate Ms Metcalfe and accept cash payments, with more than 9,000 signatures on one and 14,000 signatures on the other.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-53655604

Should she have been sacked for breaking company policy or praised for helping her customers?

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Interesting story this. 

A former bakery manager at the centre of a row over taking cash payments has called for the firm to apologise to its customers. Megan Metcalfe was sacked in June after she paid for customers' purchases with her own card so they could use cash. Ms Metcalfe, 60, had worked at the Birds bakery in Radcliffe-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire for 44 years. The firm said Ms Metcalfe had been fired "with regret" but she had broken its coronavirus policies.

Two petitions have called for the bakery to reinstate Ms Metcalfe and accept cash payments, with more than 9,000 signatures on one and 14,000 signatures on the other.

Should she have been sacked for breaking company policy or praised for helping her customers?

I question if this would be in the news had she worked there for 4 months instead of 44 years

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Why would that make you feel more or less sympathy?

Not me personally but I just feel when something like this is an older person people feel more sympathy.

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I question if this would be in the news had she worked there for 4 months instead of 44 years

Doubt anybody would’ve gone to the trouble of helping 183 customers after working there for 4 months.Bet she could run that place with her eyes closed.Their loss.Glad she’s got another job.It dosern’t say if she’d been warned or if the whole thing suddenly got discovered.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Interesting story this. 

One of those reactions where seeing the opposite side makes a nice balance. If this woman was found as the catalyst for a hundred odd old folk getting covid I doubt there would be anyone defending her sacking.

Right now, lots of businesses are running card only payments, imo, with good reason.