Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Interesting news digest from across the pond:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53702762

And they wonder why the Congress approval rating is so low.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53702872

So, the Chinese like Biden, the Russians like Trump, and the Iranians just want to fvck about? This is going to be fun and games.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53703294

Fundie in massive hypocrisy shocker.

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

With large numbers of people crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghies every day (600 in the last 4 days), it seems strange to me that this topic hasn't been discussed here much at all. Is it taboo subject?

Evidently not, seeing as the post hasn't been removed. :D

What should the discussion entail?

31 minutes ago, String fellow said:

With large numbers of people crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghies every day (600 in the last 4 days), it seems strange to me that this topic hasn't been discussed here much at all. Is it taboo subject?

Without going into Faragesque langauge, this is a problem and we need to do something about it.  Either these people are genuine asylum seekers with a connection to the UK and should be considered through much much safer routes, or they are economic migrants who have no business coming in. 

You have to aks why things are so shit in France these people are camping in Calais and paying a fortune to come across.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Without going into Faragesque langauge, this is a problem and we need to do something about it.  Either these people are genuine asylum seekers with a connection to the UK and should be considered through much much safer routes, or they are economic migrants who have no business coming in. 

You have to aks why things are so shit in France these people are camping in Calais and paying a fortune to come across.

Because they want access to our benefits and healthcare. If we want to keep it, we now must make it very very hard to come to the UK unless you have skills we need or go through the proper channels to come here as part of a limited quota of unskilled workers. The French do not give a **** now because of brexit, this is all part of getting back at the UK.

God knows how many ISIS affiliates are making it through on those boats.

Edited by z-layrex

31 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don’t think there’s necessarily contentious about that aside a difference of opinion perhaps regarding status of economic immigrants. No one wants to see people drowning out at sea. 

Possibly more concerning in the current pandemic, I think most would agree, is having unregistered folks within the country which could create a very serious issue should they not wish to come forward based on their illegal status.

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

It is taboo yeah lol 

Remember, if you oppose unchecked mass immigration you are a far right, racist, bigoted, xenophobic, gammon Karen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t think there’s necessarily contentious about that aside a difference of opinion perhaps regarding status of economic immigrants. No one wants to see people drowning out at sea. 

Possibly more concerning in the current pandemic, I think most would agree, is having unregistered folks within the country which could create a very serious issue should they not wish to come forward based on their illegal status.

Don't come in here with your nuance, can't see you see it isn't wanted? :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53722531

A 15-year-old boy has admitted attacking a student from Singapore who was told "we don't want your coronavirus in our country".

Jonathan Mok, 23, was beaten up in Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road Tube station on 24 February.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court to wounding or grievous bodily harm without intent.

He will be sentenced at the same court next month.

'Don't you look at me'

Prosecutor Beata Murphy said the teenager had been with a group of friends when they saw UCL student Mr Mok walking along Oxford Street just after 21:00 GMT.

She added: "He [the victim] heard someone say something about coronavirus and he turned around and was told 'don't you look at me'.

"He was then punched in the face... until a passerby said to stop assaulting Mr Mok.

"He believes he was targeted because of ethnicity."

Images of Mr Mok's bruised and swollen eye posted on Facebook were shared thousands of times following the attack.

X-rays showed he had suffered a complicated fracture to his nose and also to his cheekbone.

Mrs Murphy said during his police interviews the boy was "silent" until CCTV images were shown to him when he said "you can't even see me hit him".

'Completely unprovoked'

Defence barrister Gerard Pitt said the boy was not charged with racially aggravated assault.

District Judge Nicholas Rimmer adjourned sentencing until 7 September for a report to be prepared.

Afterwards the Crown Prosecution Service's Daniel Kavanagh said the attack was "vicious and completely unprovoked".

"He was clearly targeted in this hate crime because of his ethnic appearance.

"Hate crime has a corrosive effect on our society and nobody should be subjected to such vile behaviour."

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There's reports of a shooting at the White House while Trump's press conference was going on and it had to be cut short. 

He came back 9 minutes later. The shooting was down the road I think. They called it an ‘ officer involved shooting’

• Like 1

21 hours ago, String fellow said:

We simply can't allow them all to keep coming in, something needs to be done and fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, my 94yo mother finally received her tv licencing demand today. Needless to say, her physical and mental faculties are so poor that she is virtually unable to watch or even understand anything on the telly, and she is also completely incapable of actually paying the bill, for the same reasons. Nice one, BBC!

On 10/08/2020 at 12:50, String fellow said:

Where's that number from? 

Well good old Putes has pushed his scientists to get the vaccine the world has been waiting for ..  the new vaccine ..  code named Oxford  Moscow 2020 has shown that Russia leads the world in scientific vaccine technology ...   he also added. ..   “Look, I have every confidence in the vaccine ...  my top boys that worked at Chernobyl have checked it out thoroughly before it was approved “ ...   :)

What a man !!

58EDE82D-686E-4540-813B-247A33DD1923.jpeg

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Well good old Putes has pushed his scientists to get the vaccine the world has been waiting for ..  the new vaccine ..  code named Oxford  Moscow 2020 has shown that Russia leads the world in scientific vaccine technology ...   he also added. ..   “Look, I have every confidence in the vaccine ...  my top boys that worked at Chernobyl have checked it out thoroughly before it was approved “ ...   :)

What a man !!

58EDE82D-686E-4540-813B-247A33DD1923.jpeg

What a surprise.  Rushed through with insufficient testing, and no clarity over what it actually is.  Potential risks are massive.