Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Bless you for asking mate, I still don't feel right :ill:

It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I've still got no energy and feel constantly tired. I tried to play golf this morning and lasted 4 holes before having to walk in.

My chest is really tight and I'm struggling to breathe. I keep coughing up all sorts of shite and have a constant headache.

I really thought it would have cleared by now but I can't shift it.

Guess I just need to ride it out but I'm a bit concerned if I'm honest :unsure:

That’s rough to hear, take it steady and be kind to yourself. 

I’m also in the “clinically extremely vulnerable” category and have managed to avoid it so far, reading your experience makes me hope I can keep that up. 

As an aside, “clinically extremely vulnerable” is a fvcking terrifying label to have put on you at the start of a pandemic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Bless you for asking mate, I still don't feel right :ill:

It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I've still got no energy and feel constantly tired. I tried to play golf this morning and lasted 4 holes before having to walk in.

My chest is really tight and I'm struggling to breathe. I keep coughing up all sorts of shite and have a constant headache.

I really thought it would have cleared by now but I can't shift it.

Guess I just need to ride it out but I'm a bit concerned if I'm honest :unsure:

Also symptoms of a chest infection especially if the gunk you cough up is greenish or anything cloudy, as I'm sure you will know.

I'm assuming that, due to underlying health issues you could be on remedial antibiotics and if that's the case you'd be taking them? 

1 hour ago, reporterpenguin said:

That’s rough to hear, take it steady and be kind to yourself. 

I’m also in the “clinically extremely vulnerable” category and have managed to avoid it so far, reading your experience makes me hope I can keep that up. 

As an aside, “clinically extremely vulnerable” is a fvcking terrifying label to have put on you at the start of a pandemic!

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the label but it is what it is. I had all the vaccines before anyone else I knew so always thought I'd avoid it - but not this time! Hope you mange to steer clear :fc:

41 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Also symptoms of a chest infection especially if the gunk you cough up is greenish or anything cloudy, as I'm sure you will know.

I'm assuming that, due to underlying health issues you could be on remedial antibiotics and if that's the case you'd be taking them? 

I take Ciprofloxacin on and off whenever I have a Crohn's flair up and also an injection every two weeks of sometime called Adalimumab. 

I never thought that I might now have a chest infection and just figured it was the after effects of Covid. I should really speak to the Doctor if it doesn't clear soon.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the label but it is what it is. I had all the vaccines before anyone else I knew so always thought I'd avoid it - but not this time! Hope you mange to steer clear :fc:

I take Ciprofloxacin on and off whenever I have a Crohn's flair up and also an injection every two weeks of sometime called Adalimumab. 

I never thought that I might now have a chest infection and just figured it was the after effects of Covid. I should really speak to the Doctor if it doesn't clear soon.

Thanks.

Good luck mate and I hope you feel better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Wish those suffering well .

This certainly wasn’t a good look for the Tories but no doubt those involved didn’t care at the time and probably don’t now .

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/partygate

Will certainly be watching this, superb release date by C4 as well.  

What I find remarkable, beyond the general hypocrisy and callousness, is the absolute political ineptitude of it all; this was always going to blow up into a PR disaster yet they did it anyway.  

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

@Izzy How are you feeling mate?

Thanks for asking mate :)

I'm feeling very frustrated with it all tbh. It's really odd, I'm constantly knackered and still don't have much of an appetite. My chest feels tight and I'm still coughing up all kinds of crap (I guess it could be a chest infection like Parafox said)

I get short of breath and I'm really bunged up. Hopefully it'll all clear soon and I'll get back to normal but now into week 4 and it's grinding me down :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thanks for asking mate :)

I'm feeling very frustrated with it all tbh. It's really odd, I'm constantly knackered and still don't have much of an appetite. My chest feels tight and I'm still coughing up all kinds of crap (I guess it could be a chest infection like Parafox said)

I get short of breath and I'm really bunged up. Hopefully it'll all clear soon and I'll get back to normal but now into week 4 and it's grinding me down :(

You might need an antibiotic for your chest? Go see a doctor or it could go on for weeks. 
I hope you feel better soon 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Off work today sick as had a horrendous  weekend coughing and sputtering, hot flushes, weakness, and asthma flaring up.

We've got loads at work with covid and illness so I thought it was covid again.

Finally got an appointment  to see the Dr today and shes put me on a week of amoxicillin.

Still feel shit but she reckons it's just a bug not covid and as I'm asthmatic  it affects us more.

Hate being ill

Finally got Covid, and had just a very sore throat for a couple of days after taking the antivirals.

After 7 days I tested negative and assumed it was done, but the next day tested positive again, and I’m now 2 weeks in and still positive with no symptoms. Am I still actually infectious? I don’t want to spread to others as I realise that though I’ve had a mild reaction, some people might not.

I was wondering if the antivirals perhaps clear most of the infection without the body learning how to do so, so residual virus then reinfects until the body has gained more immunity, thus prolonging the positive period.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

13 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Finally got Covid, and had just a very sore throat for a couple of days after taking the antivirals.

After 7 days I tested negative and assumed it was done, but the next day tested positive again, and I’m now 2 weeks in and still positive with no symptoms. Am I still actually infectious? I don’t want to spread to others as I realise that though I’ve had a mild reaction, some people might not.

I was wondering if the antivirals perhaps clear most of the infection without the body learning how to do so, so residual virus then reinfects until the body has gained more immunity, thus prolonging the positive period.

Unless anything’s changed, the advice in this country was that a week after testing positive the first time you were no longer infectious. But I haven’t checked up on the advice in a long time.

12 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How did you manage to get antivirals, I’ve heard of quite vulnerable people struggling to get them promptly or at all. 

12 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Why does anyone still test? Not digging you out personally @WigstonWanderer but, why test for that and not a cold? Or norovirus? Flu? Tonsillitis? 

I don't get it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Off work today sick as had a horrendous  weekend coughing and sputtering, hot flushes, weakness, and asthma flaring up.

We've got loads at work with covid and illness so I thought it was covid again.

Finally got an appointment  to see the Dr today and shes put me on a week of amoxicillin.

Still feel shit but she reckons it's just a bug not covid and as I'm asthmatic  it affects us more.

Hate being ill

Did you do a Covid test? 
Hope you feel better soon 👍

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Because Covid can still cause vulnerable people severe illness or death. 

True.  But on the other hand, if you have a virus that makes you feel wretched and ill, it makes no difference whether it's covid or something else - you wouldn't be going near vulnerable or sick people.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jgtuk said:

How did you manage to get antivirals, I’ve heard of quite vulnerable people struggling to get them promptly or at all. 

I’m in Australia so perhaps it’s different here. I’m significantly overweight, approaching 70 and am suspected of having rheumatoid arthritis.

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Why does anyone still test? Not digging you out personally @WigstonWanderer but, why test for that and not a cold? Or norovirus? Flu? Tonsillitis? 

I don't get it

It’s still putting some people in hospital and I’d rather suffer a little inconvenience than put others at risk if I can.

In my particular case I am helping look after my 95 year old father (he got it anyway from my sister, but shrugged it off lol). My wife is waiting on a hospital procedure tomorrow so we’ve tried to avoid her getting it in case it causes her to miss her slot, so I’ve been isolating in a separate section of the house. Seems to be successful as she’s been clear all along.

I doubt whether many people are testing now, especially as RATs are not being handed out free. There’s been quite an outbreak here in Perth and a couple of hundred in hospital I think. Not sure how that compares with colds and flu at this time of year (spring).

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't get it

Over 250,000 dead just in the UK really should answer that for you.

And many people have long covid or could get long covid. Covid isn't like any of those other illnesses, that's why responsible people still test.

Edited by Sideshow Faes

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

And many people have long covid or could get long covid. Covid isn't like any of those other illnesses, that's why responsible people still test.

Do you test for a cold too?

What happens if you do have Covid? Do you go to work? Do you have to isolate from work? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

What do you do with the information though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Did you do a Covid test? 
Hope you feel better soon 👍

Thanks.

Dr didn't even mention covid tbf.

She examined me and said it was an infection so a week of amoxicillin for me.

It's bad but not as bad as when I had covid, I couldnt even walk up the stairs with that.

• Like 1