Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

It's four days since my first symptoms and I still feel fvckin awful. The sickness and nausea has gone but now sore throat, pounding headache, and zero energy. Still testing positive.

Was desperately trying to figure out where I contracted Covid as I rarely go out and mingle and figured it must have been when I played golf Thursday morning.

Put a message on the WhatsApp group and one of the lads says "Oh yeah, you probably got it from me, I've had it for a couple of weeks LOL.

Cvnt.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's four days since my first symptoms and I still feel fvckin awful. The sickness and nausea has gone but now sore throat, pounding headache, and zero energy. Still testing positive.

Was desperately trying to figure out where I contracted Covid as I rarely go out and mingle and figured it must have been when I played golf Thursday morning.

Put a message on the WhatsApp group and one of the lads says "Oh yeah, you probably got it from me, I've had it for a couple of weeks LOL.

Cvnt.

If he’s had it for a couple of weeks I wouldn’t have expected him to be infectious?

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

From what people have told me, sickness seems quite a common symptom this time. One person I know has had it for the 4th time and he said it was gone in a couple of days and not too bad. I wonder if it's hitting those who have avoided/has it mild before once harder?

@Izzy - I hope you're able to shake it soon!, sound like it's really got you! If the guy you played golf with has indeed "had it a couple of weeks* I genuinely think he would be infectious. The 3rd time I had it, I had a symptom last nearly 3 weeks, but wasnt contagious just under a week. Problem with this crappy thing is that just popping to the shop could be where you picked it up from. But speedy recovery, mate! 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If he’s had it for a couple of weeks I wouldn’t have expected him to be infectious?

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

From what people have told me, sickness seems quite a common symptom this time. One person I know has had it for the 4th time and he said it was gone in a couple of days and not too bad. I wonder if it's hitting those who have avoided/has it mild before once harder?

@Izzy - I hope you're able to shake it soon!, sound like it's really got you! If the guy you played golf with has indeed "had it a couple of weeks* I genuinely think he would be infectious. The 3rd time I had it, I had a symptom last nearly 3 weeks, but wasnt contagious just under a week. Problem with this crappy thing is that just popping to the shop could be where you picked it up from. But speedy recovery, mate! 

I've no idea if he'd had it days or weeks tbh - he's renown for being a bit of a nob .

It was more the fact his blasé attitude to playing golf having had Covid recently that pissed me off. No thought of doing a test or letting the rest of us know. Just rocking up regardless to spread his lurgy without a care in the world.

I'm five days in and still testing positive so no idea how long it will last. My wife's got it too now despite me isolating in our room and wearing a mask etc.

Still feel fvcking shite. Losing weight I haven't got to lose and feel like I'm wasting away. Just want to feel normal again please.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

I've no idea if he'd had it days or weeks tbh - he's renown for being a bit of a nob .

It was more the fact his blasé attitude to playing golf having had Covid recently that pissed me off. No thought of doing a test or letting the rest of us know. Just rocking up regardless to spread his lurgy without a care in the world.

I'm five days in and still testing positive so no idea how long it will last. My wife's got it too now despite me isolating in our room and wearing a mask etc.

Still feel fvcking shite. Losing weight I haven't got to lose and feel like I'm wasting away. Just want to feel normal again please.

There doesn’t seem to be any formal protocol any more, but you’d hope that people would just be sensible and considerate.

Anyway, get well soon.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

There doesn’t seem to be any formal protocol any more, but you’d hope that people would just be sensible and considerate.

Anyway, get well soon.

There are no restrictions if you test positive, unless they bring any back you're always going to get people that go about daily business and spread it. 

I caught Covid again whilst on holiday, it's my second 2nd time, last was 18 months ago.

Felt worse this time and a lot more 'classic' covidy. First time it didn't really stop me doing anything, wonder if it was because I wasn't long vaccinated.

This time it knocked me for six, lost my taste and smell, body aches all over.  Proper shit.

Bit annoying the current attitude is just keep getting it every year or 2 for us younguns (under 65s).

Hope they start doing private vaccines as I don't want this ****er every christmas, just like I don't want the flu.

On 23/09/2023 at 13:24, Izzy said:

Yes mate.

I'm in the 'vulnerable' group as I take immunosuppressants so I've always been first to have all the vaccinations and boosters.

Just found it interesting that the symptoms I had yesterday were identical to the side effects I had from the very first vaccination (I had no other side effects from the following three jabs)

Honestly felt fvcking terrible. It was horrible.

Hey Izzy, yeah I’ve had it once so far and I knew I had it as I felt exactly the same as my next day jab side effects. Only they went away after 48 hours and Covid stayed for 11 days!

I’d take another dose of Pfizer if offered.

I’ve only knowingly had it once and it was kind of like an extended cold, but I was able to drive home from holiday with it so it doesn’t sound like I got it that bad.

Even so, the idea of it eventually circulating as it slowly gets weaker has been the end goal from quite early on.

On 25/09/2023 at 16:11, Izzy said:

Cvnt.

He's from Coventry?

Get well soon mate, it'll all be over soon.

Definitely back on the rise (is this surprising as we approach winter?), I know a few people who've had it recently and had quite a few people I've delivered to tell me not to come too close as they have Covid.

Your story makes me wonder how many people I've delivered to have got it and just never bothered saying lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Had it three times despite having had all the jabs. First time was a complete turd, I called the helpline as I thought I was dying as I couldn't breathe. The more recent ones were just like flu.

Reckon I have it now as I felt a bit queezy over the weekend and have a little tickly cough. If this is as bad as it gets this time I'll be made up.

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

That's the sort of attitude that really pisses me off.

I'm still ropy as hell after 4-5 days. Less aches and pains now but more extreme fatigue and insane brain fog. 

Wife seems to have got it now as well with completely different symptoms, so go figure....(son is indestructible and seems fine as much as he'd like to get some time out of school!)

Meant to be flying to Berlin on Friday and everyone is saying oh don't worry if you're still positive, you don't have to tell anyone now so all good as long as you're feeling OK.

What if someone got it because of me and they're vulnerable.  Even though I would probably never know it just doesn't sit right with me, especially where you can control the situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I'm still ropy as hell after 4-5 days. Less aches and pains now but more extreme fatigue and insane brain fog. 

Wife seems to have got it now as well with completely different symptoms, so go figure....(son is indestructible and seems fine as much as he'd like to get some time out of school!)

Meant to be flying to Berlin on Friday and everyone is saying oh don't worry if you're still positive, you don't have to tell anyone now so all good as long as you're feeling OK.

What if someone got it because of me and they're vulnerable.  Even though I would probably never know it just doesn't sit right with me, especially where you can control the situation. 

You shouldn’t be particularly infectious (if at all) eight/nine days after symptoms started - quite common for you to show positive and not be infectious after a week 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Unfortunately, some people had that attitude at the height of the pandemic, so it's unlikely they'll be more considerate now. 

• Like 1

Morning All - I turn up here in peace as I really do care about my fellow human beings especially Leicester fans!

We may need to consider illness is not what we're told

Consider what we put in our body on a daily basis and that it needs to come out - I'm talking about the toxins, chemicals, heavy metals you find in food, water, air etc

Then take into account your own state of being often affected by the change in season

It's a common time for your body to naturally detox as much as it can and that comes out in multiple forms that may look like the common cold, the flu, anything really.

Our mind plays a role too, whether it be stress or a weakness in what we perceive to be true.

I've mentioned before, we'd be better off ignoring the news especially on popular items.

I'm not here trying to deflect this thread nor belittle the fact that people are ill, it's a horrible process and most get through it as we know but for those weaker or older it's a terrible time and can be devastating.

We owe it to ourselves to understand ourselves better but this comes from within, and not from without - we all have the answers and it's not in the news.

'Everything popular is wrong" is a good place to start

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

How're you doing now @Izzy?

Bless you for asking mate, I still don't feel right :ill:

It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I've still got no energy and feel constantly tired. I tried to play golf this morning and lasted 4 holes before having to walk in.

My chest is really tight and I'm struggling to breathe. I keep coughing up all sorts of shite and have a constant headache.

I really thought it would have cleared by now but I can't shift it.

Guess I just need to ride it out but I'm a bit concerned if I'm honest :unsure:

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Bless you for asking mate, I still don't feel right :ill:

It's been nearly 3 weeks now and I've still got no energy and feel constantly tired. I tried to play golf this morning and lasted 4 holes before having to walk in.

My chest is really tight and I'm struggling to breathe. I keep coughing up all sorts of shite and have a constant headache.

I really thought it would have cleared by now but I can't shift it.

Guess I just need to ride it out but I'm a bit concerned if I'm honest :unsure:

I hope you feel better soon mate. It can hit people very hard.

• Thanks 1

Guest Mee-9

Local school near us was shut for a few years last week. 

Seems like it's raising it's head in the same way Fresher's Flu does. 

Saying that there's lots of other stuff going around at the moment. Wife's coughing her guts up, got a chest infection doc says. Not Covid as she's tested for 5 days straight. 

Doing my nut in though, every night. Spluttering whilst I'm trying to have a kip. Slept with the cats in the spare bedroom last night. Living the dream. 

18 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Local school near us was shut for a few years last week. 

Seems like it's raising it's head in the same way Fresher's Flu does. 

Saying that there's lots of other stuff going around at the moment. Wife's coughing her guts up, got a chest infection doc says. Not Covid as she's tested for 5 days straight. 

Doing my nut in though, every night. Spluttering whilst I'm trying to have a kip. Slept with the cats in the spare bedroom last night. Living the dream. 

Some weird stuff going about, my son and I have had a bug of some description that just won't go. He's still to a runny nose 3 weeks after originally being ill, I feel like I've had three totally different bugs in the space of three weeks and the Mrs has had a chest infection like yours for seemingly three weeks.