filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Have they turned off the track & trace app now? I haven’t had a phantom notification in weeks disappointingly, always found it quite exciting when 1 came through. Have I or haven’t I been around the infected, what a bloody rush 

Same. I had a stage where I got the 'nothing to worry about' notification about 10 times in a two week period. Had nothing since.

32 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Means you have everything to worry about. COVID-19 ITS COMING FOR YOU

Does this message mean that I'm no longer scaremonger-in-chief? Btw, why do reporters bother reporting from borders between two areas in different tiers? The tiering system inherently involves having borders.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-what-counts-as-a-substantial-meal-how-rules-on-pub-drinking-could-work-in-tier-2-12143814

'However, on Friday an official spokesperson for the prime minister said drinkers will have to leave the premises once they have finished their food.'

Gonna have to work your way through about 10 plates of cheesy chips just to have a substantial night out

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Have they turned off the track & trace app now? I haven’t had a phantom notification in weeks disappointingly, always found it quite exciting when 1 came through. Have I or haven’t I been around the infected, what a bloody rush 

Maybe because of this lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55107272

Another mess.

Hundreds of people have been wrongly told they have coronavirus by NHS Test and Trace after a laboratory error.

More than 1,300 people who gave samples between 19 and 23 November received positive results, when the tests were actually void.

All of those affected will be told to take another test, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said.

Duncan Larcombe, whose daughter received the wrong result, said it was "more than an inconvenient mistake".

The PR company director, from Maidstone, Kent, said his two children, aged 14 and nine, were both sent home from school to self-isolate and he was unable to work.

His said his 14-year-old daughter had not left her bedroom for four days, with meals being left outside her door, until the family learned the result was void on Thursday.

"We were taking it very seriously," he said.

Mr Larcombe, a former royal editor at the Sun newspaper, said the mistake "brings into question for me whether or not this testing system is competent".

"The entire economy is relying on the competence of the testing laboratories and if they are not doing their job they need to be held to account," he said.

DHSC said it was an "isolated incident" caused by an "issue with a batch of testing chemicals" which had affected tests taken across the UK.

It is "being fully investigated to ensure this does not happen again," the department said.

Mr Larcombe's daughter has now received a negative result after taking a second test on Thursday.

"Given that [the government] have just decided to put the whole of Kent in tier 3, you just wonder, is their modelling flawed," he said.

DHSC has been asked to comment on whether the 1,311 incorrect results would affect regional figures for infection rates, which are represented as the number of cases per 100,000 people.

7 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Look about 6 posts up from yours, @leicsmac lives in SK & they did much of what your preferable path would be but its still there & rising currently yes they have a little more freedom currently but its not a case of ying & yang on how much of this is panning out.

The up shot of all this is that there are 2 options lockdowns or no lockdowns both come with their own set of problems.

As in South korea?

More freedom, 500 deaths on a population of 50 million and a strong economy. 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/16/coronavirus-covid-economic-impact-recession-south-korea-success/

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-how-south-koreas-track-and-trace-system-has-kept-death-count-below-500-12103124

https://undark.org/2020/10/05/south-korea-covid-19-success/

As leicsmac has said, perhaps they are having a third wave but they've made it to vaccines being a reality with limited economic and mortality impact compared to other places.

Edited by bmt
  • Like 1

Been off work today with what feels like a stinking hangover. No I wasn't drinking yesterday!

No cough or loss of taste or smell.

Covid? Or just run down?

I have been working too much but it's unusual for me to completely shut down like this for a whole day.

New restrictions as of December 2nd

EAST MIDLANDS LEICESTER Area TIER 3 LOCKDOWN PROTOCOL

BEAUMONT LEYS - You are able to fight your neighbour providing you wear a mask and social distancing rules are adhered to.

ST MATTHEWS - Burgling homes in your local area is still permitted providing you sanitise before and after the offence. Track and trace technology must also be used.

SAFFRON LANE - You can only visit your dealer when collecting your children from school. The dealer should wear a face visor and make sure all bags are sanitised.

EYRES MONSELL- Having sex with your sister is still permitted but you must be home before 10pm and use approved lubricant.

NORTHFIELDS - Vigilante groups of no more than six allowed outdoors and socially distancing between the hours of 10pm - 2am only. You must wear suitable PPE for any physical contact.

HIGHFIELDS - Prostitute services are still permitted to remain open, this is now classed as essential services for fear of the economic collapse of the town. Entry from the rear only.

OADBY AND WIGSTON- Now declared a NO GO ZONE (in 1984), if you must travel to this area please follow all diversions, traffic cones and signals, remain in your car, do not abandon your car, masks are not required as nothing is open

COALVILLE- Everyone must remain at home and self isolate until manufacturers can distribute gloves with 6 fingers. Please do not go to A&E for digit removal as they are a tad busy.

BRAUNSTONE- Do as you want, even Covid wouldn’t go to BRAUNSTONE!!

Stick to these guidelines and we'll get through it together.

All in this together folks 🙄👉🏾🗑

Fvck it I might as well post it too.

New restrictions as of December 2nd

EAST MIDLANDS LEICESTER Area TIER 3 LOCKDOWN PROTOCOL

BEAUMONT LEYS - You are able to fight your neighbour providing you wear a mask and social distancing rules are adhered to.

ST MATTHEWS - Burgling homes in your local area is still permitted providing you sanitise before and after the offence. Track and trace technology must also be used.

SAFFRON LANE - You can only visit your dealer when collecting your children from school. The dealer should wear a face visor and make sure all bags are sanitised.

EYRES MONSELL- Having sex with your sister is still permitted but you must be home before 10pm and use approved lubricant.

NORTHFIELDS - Vigilante groups of no more than six allowed outdoors and socially distancing between the hours of 10pm - 2am only. You must wear suitable PPE for any physical contact.

HIGHFIELDS - Prostitute services are still permitted to remain open, this is now classed as essential services for fear of the economic collapse of the town. Entry from the rear only.

OADBY AND WIGSTON- Now declared a NO GO ZONE (in 1984), if you must travel to this area please follow all diversions, traffic cones and signals, remain in your car, do not abandon your car, masks are not required as nothing is open

COALVILLE- Everyone must remain at home and self isolate until manufacturers can distribute gloves with 6 fingers. Please do not go to A&E for digit removal as they are a tad busy.

BRAUNSTONE- Do as you want, even Covid wouldn’t go to BRAUNSTONE!!

Stick to these guidelines and we'll get through it together.

All in this together folks 🙄👉🏾🗑

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I'm still allowed to take my car in for it's service in a couple of weeks, nip into town and go Christmas shopping...

...but I can't go with my wife to her 12 week scan of our first child.

Both gutted and furious.

It's a disgrace.  And people are accepting of it, or seem to be.  Sage are stringing the govt along and the mass testing/vaccination agenda will rumble on as long as they can keep it so.  There's more to this than what the govt want us to see and hear.

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

I'm still allowed to take my car in for it's service in a couple of weeks, nip into town and go Christmas shopping...

...but I can't go with my wife to her 12 week scan of our first child.

Both gutted and furious.

Sickening, it really is.

All the best to you both and your future newborn.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's a disgrace.  And people are accepting of it, or seem to be.  Sage are stringing the govt along and the mass testing/vaccination agenda will rumble on as long as they can keep it so.  There's more to this than what the govt want us to see and hear.

...you do realise this sounds a mite anti vaxxer/tinfoil hat unless very well substantiated, yes? As well discussed above, that the UK government response has been incompetent doesn't mean there isn't a public health issue out there and that it should be allowed to run amok with all that entails.

(And by well substantiated, we're not talking about one or two mavericks with YouTube videos, just for clarity.)

Edited by leicsmac