filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm supposed to get married in may

I got married in March with limited numbers, the day after the first lockdown was announced. Still waiting for the reception lol now postponed until 2022. Not sure what will come first, divorce or the reception...lol

Hope you manage to have your wedding. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Thank you jacob rees-mogg

I would encourage you to look over my repeated and vociferous criticism of the shambles that is out current government for context. 

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many millions of kids went to school today? It's beyond belief they didn't announce this 3 or 3 days ago. Leaves millions of parents in such a difficult position regarding the next few days. Shambles. 

Yeah I'm up shit creek. I am borderline a key worker though so need to frantically confirm that with my work tomorrow and hopefully he can still go to school later this week. 

Please can we all just be given sleeping pills and woken up when this is all over. Just give us vaccines in our sleep.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I got married in March with limited numbers, the day after the first lockdown was announced. Still waiting for the reception lol now postponed until 2022. Not sure what will come first, divorce or the reception...lol

Hope you manage to have your wedding. 

The worst thing is not knowing. Planning one wedding is bad enough but trying to plan one for several eventualities is insane!

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah that should be fine, it was the delivery to the shop I was told to worry about!

Yeah deliveries are terrible for everything atm. So be careful and make sure the gripper is still down for the fitter!

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think in Scotland it’s only essential indoor works .......I doubt laying a carpet would qualify but down here I imagine it will ....

Yeah I’m doubly surprised we can still continue like you’ve said I thought we’d be following what the Scots have said. Won’t be surprised if the cases don’t fall nearly enough these coming weeks.

45 minutes ago, Buce said:

There is no doubt in my mind that schools are safe” - Bozo yesterday

tr

All schools tod shut until at least half term.

This govt is taking incompetence to a whole new level.

I'm assuming he's talking about what we have known for months. Schools are safe for the children within them, however they are vectors for transmission to the wider population. It's really not that difficult to understand is it? 

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm assuming he's done another very quick u turn, because he governs on popularism, and doesn't want to make the tough decision until its almost too late. Get your head out his arse, he's handled this whole thing terribly.

Surely by now no one can argue against your last point.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I'm up shit creek. I am borderline a key worker though so need to frantically confirm that with my work tomorrow and hopefully he can still go to school later this week. 

Hope it works out for you 

My wife is a school teacher and there was a parent who works as a hairdresser claiming to be a key worker :huh:

• Haha 1
Just now, Unabomber said:

Surely by now no one can argue against your last point.

Some will. He has his die hard fans who'll claim he's his best in a tough situation.

BTW, I'm sure he has done his best, problem is he's shite, so his best is awful.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm assuming he's done another very quick u turn, because he governs on popularism, and doesn't want to make the tough decision until its almost too late. Get your head out his arse, he's handled this whole thing terribly.

The point still stands whether or not we agree with the way it's been handled in general. 

I noted that Kier Starmer didn't disagree with anything either, so what exactly do people want now? A Government who won't make so called u turns, or one which recognises that the original decision was wrong, and needs to be changed? 

• Thanks 1

Keir Starmer knew full well this was coming today. That's why he announced he wanted a lockdown yesterday. 

I think Boris did too which makes his interviews yesterday and this morning all the more unusual. Probably had to wait for someone to return to work today before it could be announced or so he could be filmed. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Starmer is using it as a pissing contest.... he’s just obviously agreeing with what scientific experts are saying. They should be working together, as a coalition government... actually coming together to overcome a national crisis.... it’s frankly embarrassing.

• Like 1