Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

45 minutes ago, Buce said:

There is no doubt in my mind that schools are safe” - Bozo yesterday

tr

All schools tod shut until at least half term.

This govt is taking incompetence to a whole new level.

I'm assuming he's talking about what we have known for months. Schools are safe for the children within them, however they are vectors for transmission to the wider population. It's really not that difficult to understand is it? 

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm assuming he's done another very quick u turn, because he governs on popularism, and doesn't want to make the tough decision until its almost too late. Get your head out his arse, he's handled this whole thing terribly.

Surely by now no one can argue against your last point.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I'm up shit creek. I am borderline a key worker though so need to frantically confirm that with my work tomorrow and hopefully he can still go to school later this week. 

Hope it works out for you 

My wife is a school teacher and there was a parent who works as a hairdresser claiming to be a key worker :huh:

• Haha 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Surely by now no one can argue against your last point.

Some will. He has his die hard fans who'll claim he's his best in a tough situation.

BTW, I'm sure he has done his best, problem is he's shite, so his best is awful.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm assuming he's done another very quick u turn, because he governs on popularism, and doesn't want to make the tough decision until its almost too late. Get your head out his arse, he's handled this whole thing terribly.

The point still stands whether or not we agree with the way it's been handled in general. 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

The point still stands whether or not we agree with the way it's been handled in general. 

No it doesn't. You're assuming the best from a man who has constantly proven he only delivers the worst. You are giving him far to much credit. He was told to do this before Christmas, he made a decision the day before the schools return instead, and in some cases where schools are already back. The cases have been high for a while, they haven't suddenly shot up today to force his hand have they.

• Like 4

Keir Starmer knew full well this was coming today. That's why he announced he wanted a lockdown yesterday. 

I think Boris did too which makes his interviews yesterday and this morning all the more unusual. Probably had to wait for someone to return to work today before it could be announced or so he could be filmed. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Starmer is using it as a pissing contest.... he’s just obviously agreeing with what scientific experts are saying. They should be working together, as a coalition government... actually coming together to overcome a national crisis.... it’s frankly embarrassing.

Has noone studied the current data?  Members of SAGE in hiding?  Remember we were quoted 4000 deaths a day not long ago.  We're around 10-15% of that and yet we have more restrictions on top of restrictions.

Apart from the capacity issue in hospitals, which has remained at a constant high as it has for the past 5 years, the restrictions in place appear far too extreme.

Eq6Fuz3XcAAt3o2.png

Eq6Fu0NXYAIWMz1.png

Eq6Fu13W4AEwYh1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Starmer is using it as a pissing contest.... he’s just obviously agreeing with what scientific experts are saying. They should be working together, as a coalition government... actually coming together to overcome a national crisis.... it’s frankly embarrassing.

Starmer has repeatedly and earnestly (I hope) offered to work with the government throughout this crisis only to be mocked at the despatch box by Johnson when he's done so. He's also voted with the government whenever they've brought in new legislation so not sure what more he could do? Hardly his fault he's across his brief and actually bothers to read the science when his opposite number can't be fvcked.

• Like 3

Just now, Nod.E said:

... That b*stard lol

Haha, probably didn’t explain the point well. What I meant was he is merely resorting to the simple one up man ship of politics but just agreeing with everything the scientists are saying, whilst Boris at al are dragging their heels with decisions, so naturally looks like he appears ahead of the game. 

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No it doesn't. You're assuming the best from a man who has constantly proven he only delivers the worst. You are giving him far to much credit. He was told to do this before Christmas, he made a decision the day before the schools return instead, and in some cases where schools are already back. The cases have been high for a while, they haven't suddenly shot up today to force his hand have they.

That wasn't the original point that I was replying to though.. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Haha, probably didn’t explain the point well. What I meant was he is merely resorting to the simple one up man ship of politics but just agreeing with everything the scientists are saying, whilst Boris at al are dragging their heels with decisions, so naturally looks like he appears ahead of the game. 

Dragging their heels is the last thing we need.

10 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I want a Government that's competent. The current one is an absolute joke.

Can you tell me what on earth has possibly changed between Sunday, when he said schools didn't need to be shut, and just over 24 hours later, when apparently they need to close for at least 6 weeks? Why allow kids to be in school for one day, where any educational benefit will be negligible, but the each child who carries the virus has now had a chance to spread the virus round 29 of their peers and teachers? Why give teachers only 12 hours to put all these new things into place? Why give parents only 12 hours to sort childcare?

What a farce. They must have known this was coming for quite some time, so to spring all this last minute is quite frankly disgusting.

I thought that schools had known for weeks that this was a possibility? I posted ages ago that I had been asked if my daughter could learn from home, and she was supplied with a laptop in November for just this eventuality?