Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Not sure if I worded my comment clearly or you have misread it. I didnt leave the house during my 10 day isolation and despite it technically being over, I still haven't seen family as I want to give it extra time to be sure.

I wont be seeing friends and I am not exactly having a family BBQ, not even a family get together.  I'll see my widowed mum and then I'll see my sister.

Nah I read it.

I get you've done your 10-day isolation, but the point is you might still have COVID? 

Nothing makes me special. All of us disobey the rules to some degree, some are just more honest about it than others.

Are you confident enough to say that you have never breached any of the rules? I doubt it.

Yes, I am actually.

I've been asked to do things (well, not do things) to protect the lives of others, so I have done.

It's not even a hard thing to do.

It's actually going to take people to die until some morons realise this.

Not to mention the utter disregard that people have for NHS workers who are expected to put up with this shit.

I can't understand the mindset of some people. They hate lockdowns and constantly moan about them, even saying they 'are against my human rights', yet continously ignore them so they're bought back in! 

How stupid can people be.

I'm getting to the stage where I'm starting to think if you think you're exempt from the laws, you're exempt from treatment. Natural selection.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah I read it.

I get you've done your 10-day isolation, but the point is you might still have COVID? 

Perhaps so, although the only way I could get a test is to lie that I have symptoms.

The government and health officials have said that you only isolate for 10 days and then you return to work. Surely your not suggesting that they are wrong about something covid related and that the virus can stay after that period? 

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yes, I am actually.

I've been asked to do things (well, not do things) to protect the lives of others, so I have done.

Not to mention the utter disregard that people have for NHS workers who are expected to put up with this shit.

I can't understand the mindset of some people. They hate lockdowns and constantly moan about them, even saying they 'are against my human rights', yet continously ignore them so they're bought back in! 

I'm getting to the stage where I'm starting to think if you think you're exempt from the laws, you're exempt from treatment. Natural selection.

I guess not everyone can be as heroic as you.

I mean, technically speaking, how is sport essential? The players, club staff, photographers, video crews...all mixing.....but I bet you haven't complained too much about that.

It is what it is - I love how you script your post with true passion and inspiration in an attempt to rally up as many 'likes'

now get back in your box.

Edited by adejo92
  • Thanks 1

Just now, adejo92 said:

I guess not everyone can be as heroic as you.

I mean, technically speaking, how is sport essential? The players, club staff, photographers, video crews...all mixing.....but I bet you haven't complained too much about that.

It is what it is, now get back in your box.

I'll quite happily take the ban for this and I make no apologies for saying it...

You are a cvnt of the highest order.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yes, I am actually.

They say you can’t fix stupid, it turns out you can’t quarantine it either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'll quite happily take the ban for this and I make no apologies for saying it...

You are a cvnt of the highest order.

Nicely ignored Re the Live sport. 

If you get this worked up over someone saying they will visit their mum and sister, your life must be incredibly miserable.

We'll agree to disagree on certain matters but until you know someone's personal situations you could reserve judgement. I reiterate,  im not seeing friends, and I am not having mass gatherings. I am going to see two family members. 

For any mods monitoring,  I didnt take offence nor would I wish for him to be banned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We'll agree to disagree on certain matters but until you know someone's personal situations you could reserve judgement. I reiterate,  im not seeing friends, and I am not having mass gatherings. I am going to see two family members. 

Why does this make it better?

• Sad 1

Nicely ignored Re the Live sport. 

If you get this worked up over someone saying they will visit their mum and sister, your life must be incredibly miserable.

For any mods monitoring,  I didnt take offence nor would I wish for him to be banned.

Nicely ignored about everything I said previously. 

I don't make the rules regarding live sport, however I follow the one's that I have been told to.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah I read it.

So why would they be allowed back to work but not see their widowed mum after their isolation period? Potentially spreading the virus much, much further? I don't break the rules often but I'm not going to be boxed up indefinitely either so can see where op is coming from, especially if they haven't been able to see family over Christmas by following the rules (plenty won't have).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Every individual person has different circumstances.

Young, old, or somewhere in between, some of us live alone and need social interaction others have the benefit of

a family environment.

Some of us are retired and own a house, others work and have a mortgage to pay, a job to worry about, 

Youngsters will be wondering what it’s all about, the best years of their lives passing them by.

Some older folk may be living in fear, shutting themselves off and distancing themselves from their family others may crave enjoyment in their twilight years.

We all have opinions and our own priorities. 

We just need to be sensible in the choices we make, less judgmental on others as we can’t possibly know everyone else’s circumstances.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Technically if you are walking on a pavement and you pass someone walking the opposite direction, then it is highly likely you are within 2 metres of that person and therefore breaking the rules so if anyone on here has truly not broken ANY social distancing rules since March then fair play to you.

I'd rather be dead than live like that, genuinely.

Looking forward to some made up graphs later, if we hadn't have closed the schools at 8pm last night then we'd have 3 million deaths by March etc.

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Loving the holier than thou comments on here.

There are different scales on breaking on the rules. If having a rave is a 10 and not leaving the house under any circumstances is a 1 then I'd wager most of us are on say, a 3, eg, meeting a group of 7 when the group of 6 rule was in place, or hugging someone back in August.

Technically if you are walking on a pavement and you pass someone walking the opposite direction, then it is highly likely you are within 2 metres of that person and therefore breaking the rules so if anyone on here has truly not broken ANY social distancing rules since March then fair play to you.

I don't think that is technically true. Its 2 metres for 15 minutes or more and indoors where the virus is most transmissible, so briefly passing someone, outside, within 2 metres won't be be breaking the rules at all. I'd advise against having a drawn out conversation with someone though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Loving the holier than thou comments on here.

There are different scales on breaking on the rules. If having a rave is a 10 and not leaving the house under any circumstances is a 1 then I'd wager most of us are on say, a 3, eg, meeting a group of 7 when the group of 6 rule was in place, or hugging someone back in August.

We've all fvcked it then whenever we've gone in to a shop or supermarket and not gone within 2 metres of someone else!!

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd rather be dead than live like that, genuinely.

Looking forward to some made up graphs later, if we hadn't have closed the schools at 8pm last night then we'd have 3 million deaths by March etc.

I realise that you are not being 100% literal but I'll take a couple of years of inconvenience over hundreds of thousands of deaths from this thing. 

I got out of London last month but friends and colleagues still there say that shops and streets are still busy with people very close to each other. To be honest I don't really like living like that at the best of times, certainly not during a pandemic. 

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

The only Uni student I know personally is devastated she can't return, she has been thoroughly enjoying the experience so far

I suppose it all comes down to who you are locked down/up in your bedroom with though doesn't it?

Edited by reynard
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Odd for a Tory Gov to be so anti the self-employed and risk-takers who try to push the economy forward.

Suppose they'd prefer us all on the dole?

As someone who is self employed and lost half of their income stream since March, I've been impressed with the SEISS stuff.

BUT THAT'S PURELY MY SELFISH PERSONAL OPINION

From a friend on Facebook. Wish I could've liked it more than once.

Working parents want kids to go back to school because school closures directly impacts them.
Teachers don’t want schools to open because covid spreading round their school directly impacts them.
NHS staff want a full lockdown because sick covid patients directly impacts them.
Business owners want to carry on as normal because lockdown directly impacts them.
People with physical health problems want everyone to stay socially distant because catching covid could kill them.
People with mental health problems want people to spend time with because isolation could kill them.
Some can’t wait for a vaccine because they believe it will bring back some normality.
Some are terrified of a vaccine because they believe it could harm them.
We are all going through this but none of us are going through the same thing. Some face crippling financial challenges, others face heart break.
We don’t all have to agree with what is best because what’s best for us won’t be best for everyone. We don’t have to understand what others are going through. But we do need to stick together and keep loving each other no matter our differences. We need to be mindful when some things go the way we want it to, it could be terrible news to another person. Be kind 💗
  • Like 4