Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

2.25 million vaccinations per week. 

He did only say ‘offer’ - can see another test capacity re-jig of stats and wording to pull that off 

Actually 1.9 million - FT journo corrected himself but will account for the demographic which has seen 88% of covid deaths 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

How many year 11s happy they can get a decent grade without having to do any exams :ph34r:

It’s a fewkin sh*t show. The damage to children’s education is huge. Gutted. Suppose that’s the government fault too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Might be one for the unpopular opinion thread but the furlough scheme is even more ripe for abuse now. Great.

How so?  Are they reopening applications to it?  I thought you could only be put on it before Oct 13th or something, after that tough shit

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How many year 11s happy they can get a decent grade without having to do any exams :ph34r:

Our daughter is the opposite. She’s not happy, she wants to do her A level exams.

The other daughter is upset as she wants to go to primary school. Seemed pointless sending her back in today.

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

There is no doubt in my mind that schools are safe” - Bozo yesterday

All schools to shut until at least half term.

This govt is taking incompetence to a whole new level.

Honestly, this is the cherry on top of the cake isn’t it. I’m laughing because I don’t have kids, he has literally just decided this randomly today hasn’t he.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Meant to be having a carpet fitted at the end of the week, I'd ripped up half the old one yesterday as well, hopefully it'll still be fitted.

We’ve been told we can still work in peoples houses mate I wouldn’t worry, unless he ends up cutting the carpet short on his visit of course!

Those doses are just the first ones, if they are not followed up by May they will be worthless.

No way will they get the under 65’s all sorted by May.

Restrictions of one sort or another will be with us well into the summer.... no chance more than a few will get into the KP by season end( assuming the season is even fully completed on time which is not certain).

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Poor old holiday companies still trying to advertise holidays, flogging a dead horse I reckon, they’ll be so many rules and regulations to adhere to that it’ll be virtually impossible to travel.

If anybody's planning a vacation they need taking out back and shot.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

There is no doubt in my mind that schools are safe” - Bozo yesterday

All schools to shut until at least half term.

This govt is taking incompetence to a whole new level.

....three lines later....they are vectors of transmission

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’ve been told we can still work in peoples houses mate I wouldn’t worry, unless he ends up cutting the carpet short on his visit of course!

I think in Scotland it’s only essential indoor works .......I doubt laying a carpet would qualify but down here I imagine it will ....

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Poor old holiday companies still trying to advertise holidays, flogging a dead horse I reckon, they’ll be so many rules and regulations to adhere to that it’ll be virtually impossible to travel.

It's a farce something bigger going on I'm telling ya .. I'm out of here . Stay safe everyone 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The jab and go RyanAir ad annoyed me anyway 

From the BBC. I'm confused...

Are restrictions more severe than March?

We know that the UK is going to threat level 5, the highest level, which means there is a danger of the NHS being overwhelmed within 21 days.

When the prime minister announced these threat levels in May he was clear that during the first lockdown the country had only been in level four.

At the time he also said: “The higher the level, the tougher and stricter we will have to be.”

So on that basis should we have expected tighter restrictions in England than we saw during the first lockdown in March?

If anything, the restrictions appear slightly less severe. For example, support bubbles and childcare bubbles exist this time. Also, outdoor playgrounds will be open when they were closed last time.

I have a summer holiday booked in June. In my defence I've had it booked for a while where I was confident we'd be over the worst of it lol got everything crossed we'll have a version of normal..

I'm supposed to get married in may

Can I just say as well, as much as I've given Boris grief lately, that presser was much better. Setting out clear plans and how things are going to work, without guaranteeing things. Four top categories of people all done my February, least it gives us an idea on the numbers and where we should roughly expect to be come mid Feb.

I have a summer holiday booked in June. In my defence I've had it booked for a while where I was confident we'd be over the worst of it lol got everything crossed we'll have a version of normal..

We are the same. Only paid a deposit up to now. Might right it off. I ain’t keen on travelling abroad whilst they are still checking temperatures on arrival etc and there’s a possibility of me spending the week in a quarantine hotel if I’m deemed a risk.  I also assumed when we booked that things would be well back to normal by June.