Jump to content
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

8pm tonight will herald a lockdown in everything but name I suspect 

I reckon it's going to be back to the 2 metre rule, limiting people in shops to one shopper only and a one way system (which was bollocks the first time) resulting in queues outside again. No outdoor team sports, face masks anywhere outside your home, schools/colleges closed. No travel outside of your local area, more working from home. No meeting others outside of your household. Bubbles will be 1 to 1 only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I reckon it's going to be back to the 2 metre rule, limiting people in shops to one shopper only and a one way system (which was bollocks the first time) resulting in queues outside again. No outdoor team sports, face masks anywhere outside your home, schools/colleges closed. No travel outside of your local area, more working from home. No meeting others outside of your household. Bubbles will be 1 to 1 only.

And most of it unenforceable and/or not adhered to anyway I suspect?

Guess we’ll see

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you honestly believe people outside of the at-risk groups will willingly take the vaccine?  Particularly when they've managed to make a mess of the dosage message within the first two weeks.

I'd hope so. The biggest issue around it will be messaging so hopefully the Government keep their noses out and let the experts deliver it.

 

I can't imagine highly reputable companies would put their entire reputation on the line by producing a shoddy, ineffective or harmful product. The vaccines will be fine, the roll out and the smoothness of it is critical.

 

I think this is the last lockdown people will take, to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I reckon it's going to be back to the 2 metre rule, limiting people in shops to one shopper only and a one way system (which was bollocks the first time) resulting in queues outside again. No outdoor team sports, face masks anywhere outside your home, schools/colleges closed. No travel outside of your local area, more working from home. No meeting others outside of your household. Bubbles will be 1 to 1 only.

Agree with everything except your final point. For a single household to only be able to form a bubble with 1 other person won’t work. (Apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick) it’s a sensitive subject for me as I rely on my bubble.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I reckon it's going to be back to the 2 metre rule, limiting people in shops to one shopper only and a one way system (which was bollocks the first time) resulting in queues outside again. No outdoor team sports, face masks anywhere outside your home, schools/colleges closed. No travel outside of your local area, more working from home. No meeting others outside of your household. Bubbles will be 1 to 1 only.

Pretty much this I think.

 

But once again, how will it be policed? 

 

We all know that people flout the rules and think they're above the law.

 

As draconian as it sounds, could we look at deploying the army to set up checkpoints and make sure people are doing as they're told?

 

Until a system is in place to make sure people are adhering to the law, it will be ignored.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the new/extended restrictions are - ENFORCE THEM.

I've grumbled on here recently about plenty of folk not wearing masks in shops, well it seems it also applies to many public transport users to.

I passed a bus at a stop near our house that had 'Face coverings mandatory' on the front. The were 3 passengers on the lower deck and not one of them was wearing a mask or shield.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col city fan said:

And most of it unenforceable and/or not adhered to anyway I suspect?

That's pretty much always been the case in the lockdowns we have experience so far, sadly. But unless they enforce a police state, that's always going to happen to an extent. There will always those who fully comply, those who partially comply and those who just will not. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I reckon it's going to be back to the 2 metre rule, limiting people in shops to one shopper only and a one way system (which was bollocks the first time) resulting in queues outside again. No outdoor team sports, face masks anywhere outside your home, schools/colleges closed. No travel outside of your local area, more working from home. No meeting others outside of your household. Bubbles will be 1 to 1 only.

I didn't realise any of those things in the first part of your post had been offically relaxed.

 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I didn't realise any of those had been offically relaxed. (Apart from the meeting and bubbles)

The 2 metre rule became 1 metre, supermarkets didn't have to enforce a one way system nor did they limit the number of people in the store. Outdoor team sports were allowed (no communal changing or showers), face masks were only mandatory on public transport and in shops, schools were allowed to re-open.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Agree with everything except your final point. For a single household to only be able to form a bubble with 1 other person won’t work. (Apologies if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick) it’s a sensitive subject for me as I rely on my bubble.

The whole "bubble" thing is just so complicated. I appreciate its necessary but where does it stop? 

 

For example....

 

I have two step kids who I live with and am ofcourse in a bubble with but for two nights a week they go to their dads who they are in a bubble with. Their dads GF has a wee boy from another marriage who sees his dad a couple of nights a week so he's in a bubble with him, god knows who the dad is in a bubble with......Its mental! It's only slowing the rate of infection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you honestly believe people outside of the at-risk groups will willingly take the vaccine?  Particularly when they've managed to make a mess of the dosage message within the first two weeks.

I don’t know still, very cautious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Whatever the new/extended restrictions are - ENFORCE THEM.

I've grumbled on here recently about plenty of folk not wearing masks in shops, well it seems it also applies to many public transport users to.

I passed a bus at a stop near our house that had 'Face coverings mandatory' on the front. The were 3 passengers on the lower deck and not one of them was wearing a mask or shield.

To be honest, we’re pissing into the wind regarding that. We simply don’t have the means to deal with it, the police can’t really due to other commitments... so all they can do it tell people to do it.... and just hope they do. Deploying the army is probably the only way to do it, but I’d imagine an extremely expensive way to do it.... this is the issue, we all know what is coming, but little thought will have gone into the execution, it will be a this is what we want, now it’s up to you speech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the lockdown is enforced and punishments are handed out then I am afraid people will just continue to do as they please. Given how poorly this has all been managed I can’t blame people for ignoring the gov and just going about their lives in the way they want. It’s not right but we’ve been lied to and made to follow stupid rules for far too long now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The whole "bubble" thing is just so complicated. I appreciate its necessary but where does it stop? 

 

For example....

 

I have two step kids who I live with and am ofcourse in a bubble with but for two nights a week they go to their dads who they are in a bubble with. Their dads GF has a wee boy from another marriage who sees his dad a couple of nights a week so he's in a bubble with him, god knows who the dad is in a bubble with......Its mental! It's only slowing the rate of infection. 

Its pretty simple. If you live alone, you're allowed to bubble with one household. If you live with someone else, you're not.

 

If you share custody of a child, that child can go between households. If your a single parent you can bubble with another household too even if you only have the kids part of the time.

 

So single person (this includes a single parent who lives with just the child) = bubble with another household.

 

Child in shared custody = can move between parents (if the parents are single, as above, they can bubble with another household)

 

Any other kind of multi occupancy household should not be bubbling. I'm bubbling with my mum and her partner. His daughter is a single parent, they can't also bubble with her. If I wasn't, that option would be open to her, along with sending her daughter to her dads 

Edited by Facecloth
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Its pretty simple. If you live alone, you're allowed to bubble with one household. If you live with someone else, you're not.

 

If you share custody of a child, that child can go between households. If your a single parent you can bubble with another household too even if you only have the kids part of the time.

 

So single person (this includes a single parent who lives with just the child) = bubble with another household.

 

Child in shared custody = can move between parents (if the parents are single, as above, they can bubble with another household)

 

Any other kind of multi occupancy household should not be bubbling. I'm bubbling with my mum and her partner. His daughter is a single parent, they can't also bubble with her. If I wasn't, that option would be open to her, along with sending her daughter to her dads 

I know, but that's my point. With our kids going to 2 different households, mixing with another kid who is then going to another household where its da could be in a bubble with another household. This is all within the rules yet if one of us gets it, 4 households could be Infected....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What's the death rate % to population surely prioritise the most vunerable give them the vaccine it doesn't effect 95% of the population does it? Can't be more than a few million people 

25 million apparently are vulnerable 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

25 million apparently.

It's actually a lot less. 

 

97% of deaths are those over 75 or something. The figures are out there.

 

Once all they're done we should see some real change in hospital admissions and deaths.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We need to see detail of how they think people, especially vulnerable older people, are catching it. If vulnerable people, and their close associates are following guidelines then how are they catching it in the first place? Can only really think of supermarkets? Or maybe carers visiting? 

Different for those in care homes and in hospitals of course. 

 

I appreciate it's not just the very old requiring hospital treatment. In sure there is somewhere I can see ages of those in ICU? 

Supermarkets are the one constant that has never really had many restrictions in place, they are a breeding ground I'm sure. 

 

I can't see how all these vulnerable people are getting it if they are adhering to the rules and their loved ones are as well? Whiffy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know, but that's my point. With our kids going to 2 different households, mixing with another kid who is then going to another household where its da could be in a bubble with another household. This is all within the rules yet if one of us gets it, 4 households could be Infected....

But without the rules you could have 100 households mixing. Its not complicated as you put it originally, its just not perfect in terms of limiting mixing to the bare minimum. But its choice between that or kids not seeing one of their parents for what will soon be a year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...