Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you honestly believe people outside of the at-risk groups will willingly take the vaccine?  Particularly when they've managed to make a mess of the dosage message within the first two weeks.

I don’t know still, very cautious.

10 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Whatever the new/extended restrictions are - ENFORCE THEM.

I've grumbled on here recently about plenty of folk not wearing masks in shops, well it seems it also applies to many public transport users to.

I passed a bus at a stop near our house that had 'Face coverings mandatory' on the front. The were 3 passengers on the lower deck and not one of them was wearing a mask or shield.

To be honest, we’re pissing into the wind regarding that. We simply don’t have the means to deal with it, the police can’t really due to other commitments... so all they can do it tell people to do it.... and just hope they do. Deploying the army is probably the only way to do it, but I’d imagine an extremely expensive way to do it.... this is the issue, we all know what is coming, but little thought will have gone into the execution, it will be a this is what we want, now it’s up to you speech. 

Unless the lockdown is enforced and punishments are handed out then I am afraid people will just continue to do as they please. Given how poorly this has all been managed I can’t blame people for ignoring the gov and just going about their lives in the way they want. It’s not right but we’ve been lied to and made to follow stupid rules for far too long now. 

23 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The whole "bubble" thing is just so complicated. I appreciate its necessary but where does it stop? 

For example....

I have two step kids who I live with and am ofcourse in a bubble with but for two nights a week they go to their dads who they are in a bubble with. Their dads GF has a wee boy from another marriage who sees his dad a couple of nights a week so he's in a bubble with him, god knows who the dad is in a bubble with......Its mental! It's only slowing the rate of infection. 

Its pretty simple. If you live alone, you're allowed to bubble with one household. If you live with someone else, you're not.

If you share custody of a child, that child can go between households. If your a single parent you can bubble with another household too even if you only have the kids part of the time.

So single person (this includes a single parent who lives with just the child) = bubble with another household.

Child in shared custody = can move between parents (if the parents are single, as above, they can bubble with another household)

Any other kind of multi occupancy household should not be bubbling. I'm bubbling with my mum and her partner. His daughter is a single parent, they can't also bubble with her. If I wasn't, that option would be open to her, along with sending her daughter to her dads 

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Its pretty simple. If you live alone, you're allowed to bubble with one household. If you live with someone else, you're not.

If you share custody of a child, that child can go between households. If your a single parent you can bubble with another household too even if you only have the kids part of the time.

So single person (this includes a single parent who lives with just the child) = bubble with another household.

Child in shared custody = can move between parents (if the parents are single, as above, they can bubble with another household)

Any other kind of multi occupancy household should not be bubbling. I'm bubbling with my mum and her partner. His daughter is a single parent, they can't also bubble with her. If I wasn't, that option would be open to her, along with sending her daughter to her dads 

I know, but that's my point. With our kids going to 2 different households, mixing with another kid who is then going to another household where its da could be in a bubble with another household. This is all within the rules yet if one of us gets it, 4 households could be Infected....

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What's the death rate % to population surely prioritise the most vunerable give them the vaccine it doesn't effect 95% of the population does it? Can't be more than a few million people 

25 million apparently are vulnerable 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

25 million apparently.

It's actually a lot less. 

97% of deaths are those over 75 or something. The figures are out there.

Once all they're done we should see some real change in hospital admissions and deaths.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We need to see detail of how they think people, especially vulnerable older people, are catching it. If vulnerable people, and their close associates are following guidelines then how are they catching it in the first place? Can only really think of supermarkets? Or maybe carers visiting? 

Different for those in care homes and in hospitals of course. 

I appreciate it's not just the very old requiring hospital treatment. In sure there is somewhere I can see ages of those in ICU? 

Supermarkets are the one constant that has never really had many restrictions in place, they are a breeding ground I'm sure. 

I can't see how all these vulnerable people are getting it if they are adhering to the rules and their loved ones are as well? Whiffy.

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know, but that's my point. With our kids going to 2 different households, mixing with another kid who is then going to another household where its da could be in a bubble with another household. This is all within the rules yet if one of us gets it, 4 households could be Infected....

But without the rules you could have 100 households mixing. Its not complicated as you put it originally, its just not perfect in terms of limiting mixing to the bare minimum. But its choice between that or kids not seeing one of their parents for what will soon be a year.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Can someone put a brief outline up after he’s done, I can’t come with listening to him waffle and stumble painfully through his speech.

Blah blah blah, virus spreading quickly, waffle waffle waffle, regrettably blah blah blah, lockdown, stay home, schools shut, waffle waffle waffle, new vaccine, aren't I great.

• Like 1