Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Meant to be having a carpet fitted at the end of the week, I'd ripped up half the old one yesterday as well, hopefully it'll still be fitted.

I have a fridge freezer on order, that had stupidly long delivery time anyway. I assuming they'll still bring it, as even before tier 4 they said they wouldn't be able to bring inside for me. 🤞

1 minute ago, pSinatra said:

That's my take on it.  Why are people talking about Lockdown 2 (or is it 3?)

The first lockdown was the only real lockdown.  Everything shut - except the Co-op.  Anything since then has been largely a shambles. 

The Christmas 'day off' was negligent.  He gambled his popularity against tens of thousands of deaths.   It's only numbers. That's how much he gives a shit.  He held off as long as he could.

There was some professor/epidemiologist on CH4 News earlier basically saying that if the govt doesn't get it's finger out & smash these vaccines out, it could mutate again & into a mutation that the vaccine doesn't deal with.  It's not a case of vaccinating the old & the vulnerable, then putting your feet up.  It could mutate in the un-vaccinated masses & make it's way back into care homes, etc.  And we're back to square one

As we let it spread wider, the chances of it mutating into something more deadly multiply. Half the people in the country could tell you that his plans for Christmas  were stupid, however it’s been abused and now we’re all paying for it. 

This semi lockdown still isn’t going to quash stuff, whilst we have construction sites, shops, offices etc open. It needed a full lockdown weeks ago. Full lockdown, close the borders, shut everything for 3 weeks. The world can wait. 

I’m a conservative, and at the last election, I really toyed with voting against Boris, as we maybe had a better path. The handling of this entire pandemic has been farcical. I was originally of the opinion that others wouldn’t have done any better, however I’m not so sure now, seeing how other countries are going. 

Quite frankly, I’m annoyed with the government, however I’m more annoyed with the idiots that have flouted rules, anti vaxers, flat Earthers, conspiracy steering, virus doesn’t exist pillocks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought that when I saw Stan commenting every minute or twolol

To be fair that was for the benefit of a couple of posters who said they wanted an update on what Boris was saying so fvck you :wub: lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

5 people allowed at a wedding....

Yup, and that includes us..... meaning to have two witness's there would mean only one of our 3 kids could come!

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

From the BBC. I'm confused...

Are restrictions more severe than March?

We know that the UK is going to threat level 5, the highest level, which means there is a danger of the NHS being overwhelmed within 21 days.

When the prime minister announced these threat levels in May he was clear that during the first lockdown the country had only been in level four.

At the time he also said: “The higher the level, the tougher and stricter we will have to be.”

So on that basis should we have expected tighter restrictions in England than we saw during the first lockdown in March?

If anything, the restrictions appear slightly less severe. For example, support bubbles and childcare bubbles exist this time. Also, outdoor playgrounds will be open when they were closed last time.

Surely you're not suggesting it's being made up as they go along? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm supposed to get married in may

I got married in March with limited numbers, the day after the first lockdown was announced. Still waiting for the reception lol now postponed until 2022. Not sure what will come first, divorce or the reception...lol

Hope you manage to have your wedding. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many millions of kids went to school today? It's beyond belief they didn't announce this 3 or 3 days ago. Leaves millions of parents in such a difficult position regarding the next few days. Shambles. 

Yeah I'm up shit creek. I am borderline a key worker though so need to frantically confirm that with my work tomorrow and hopefully he can still go to school later this week. 

Please can we all just be given sleeping pills and woken up when this is all over. Just give us vaccines in our sleep.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I got married in March with limited numbers, the day after the first lockdown was announced. Still waiting for the reception lol now postponed until 2022. Not sure what will come first, divorce or the reception...lol

Hope you manage to have your wedding. 

The worst thing is not knowing. Planning one wedding is bad enough but trying to plan one for several eventualities is insane!

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think in Scotland it’s only essential indoor works .......I doubt laying a carpet would qualify but down here I imagine it will ....

Yeah I’m doubly surprised we can still continue like you’ve said I thought we’d be following what the Scots have said. Won’t be surprised if the cases don’t fall nearly enough these coming weeks.