Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Sorry its the Mail but imaging the outrage if this had been a high profile club doing this!?

I suspect there were spares left over and they happened to be in the area at the time. 

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Sorry its the Mail but imaging the outrage if this had been a high profile club doing this!?

I suspect there were spares left over and they happened to be in the area at the time. 

I've heard of several places giving left over vaccines to anyone who's around at the end of the day at some of these vaccination hubs. I get the 'no wastage' line but agree in the article surely it should go to those most vulnerable first. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Happens up and down the country everyday, it's outrage over nothing IMO.

They probably had like 30 or so doses spare at the end of the day, they tried to call or arrange for all those in the priority groups to come in, but they couldn't, so rather than throw away 20 potential good doses, they may as well be used for somebody, and the quickest place to find a group full of people was here. The place where the vaccines where done is probably very close to the training ground or something, so they could get there within a few minutes notice.

Yes in an ideal world you'd want to give them to the older people or those who are vulnerable, but it's not always possible.

There are a couple of volunteers on here who have been doing vaccinations, so they'll be able to give us a clearer of idea of how it happened.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They probably had like 30 or so doses spare at the end of the day, they tried to call or arrange for all those in the priority groups to come in, but they couldn't, so rather than throw away 20 potential good doses, they may as well be used for somebody, and the quickest place to find a group full of people was here. The place where the vaccines where done is probably very close to the training ground or something, so they could get there within a few minutes notice.

Yes in an ideal world you'd want to give them to the older people or those who are vulnerable, but it's not always possible.

There are a couple of volunteers on here who have been doing vaccinations, so they'll be able to give us a clearer of idea of how it happened.

Just to add, the manufacturers over fill the vials.  If the clinicians are good (and they are!) they can often get 6 full doses out of a 5 dose vial.  These extra "free" doses cant be pre-booked because there is no certainty that they will be available.  Given the shelf life of the pfizer vaccine, at the last "session" often the call will go out to NHS staff, care home staff and others that can come at very short notice - couple of hours.  I've heard anecdotal reports of them "dragging folk in off the street", I'm not sure it's quite like that but I got mine by being in the right place at the right time to get a 6th dose of 5.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I really can't see the problem. Surely better to use every last vaccine than throw it away. My cousin, who is 67, got vaccinated last week after he got a text saying that if he could get to his surgery in the next half an hour he could get  a jab and was asked to text to confirm so he went.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Surely it's an issue if those players are taking the appointments of people higher up the priority list? 

If all appointments are done, why waste the spare doses?

They aren’t, it’s spare doses or doses from people who have failed to attend their appointments. 

They probably only have 30 minutes or so spare at the end of the day once all the appointments have finished, you can’t sit there ringing 50 people to see who wants to come in, it’s usually a text sent get here asap to get a dose so it doesn’t get thrown away. In an ideal world this would go to those in a higher priority group, but it’s either give it to anyone or risk it going in the bin. 

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lbc.co.uk/news/clergyman-apology-captain-tom-moore-white-british-nationalism/

There's a problem here but it's not white nationalism. 

Labeling anything that celebrates white culture as racist is the problem. Whilst we're a multi cultural society, and that's something to be proud of, we're still a predominantly white country. That should be okay to acknowledge and celebrate. 

This guy should be removed from position. Accusing the public of being nationalist for celebrating a a 100 year olds charity is abhorrent. There's a problem here for sure. 

33 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lbc.co.uk/news/clergyman-apology-captain-tom-moore-white-british-nationalism/

Labeling anything that celebrates white culture as racist is the problem. Whilst we're a multi cultural society, and that's something to be proud of, we're still a predominantly white country. That should be okay to acknowledge and celebrate. 

This guy should be removed from position. Accusing the public of being nationalist for celebrating a a 100 year olds charity is abhorrent. There's a problem here for sure. 

Just no need for it. Most people live side by side without problems and it's really not helpful having people stirring up and creating tensions where there are none. At least he acknowledged his mistake and apologised but to even think it let alone go public says everything about this individual. 

39 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just no need for it. Most people live side by side without problems and it's really not helpful having people stirring up and creating tensions where there are none. At least he acknowledged his mistake and apologised but to even think it let alone go public says everything about this individual. 

He apologised primarily for the timing.  It ought to be astonishing how many supposed anti-racists seem to dislike people just because they are white.  It does not help the cause of the genuine anti-racists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

"I’ve now read and will sign the Church of England's Digital Charter."

What he meant to say is that he was immediately directed to and ordered to read the Church of England's Digital Charter.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

At least he acknowledged his mistake and apologised but to even think it let alone go public says everything about this individual. 

Not good enough by a long shot. 

A man in his position shouldn't see colour. Much less be making snide remarks about a country celebrating the life of an old man. The country is 85% white. There is nothing insidious about celebrating the culture and heritage of Britain, despite this modern fetish of calling anything white 'racist'. 

I presume, in the name of equality, he'll be taking similar swipes at the Jamaican nation celebrating Bob Marley as rampant nationalism. If he doesn't then it isn't equality its after, it's the denigration of white people in Britain. 

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

He apologised primarily for the timing.  It ought to be astonishing how many supposed anti-racists seem to dislike people just because they are white.  It does not help the cause of the genuine anti-racists.

As in my previous post. People like him aren't after equality. They're after criticising white people. He's a bigot. 

As a priest finding work in countries that aren't as abhorrent and racist as ours should be easy enough. If the charitable and memorial spirit of Britain isn't good enough he can find a country more amenable to him. 

Unreal. The act of the public apology is hollow also. It doesn't change the fact that's how he views charity in the UK. 

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The bit where he suggested that Australia wasn't really an Island? 

Moron. 

Yep! 

Full quote, in case anyone did miss it... 

"People say: ‘Why don’t we just close down and then we’ll be safe?’.

“But, of course, we wouldn’t be safe, because we are an island nation, unlike Australia or something which is an entire continent." 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Yeah... complaining that vaccine centres are offering leftover vaccines to people who happen to be available when there is some spare going is pretty weird in my opinion.

Society has become so judgemental over the last year or so. Even more than normal, entirely driven by the situation but can't people just let others crack on with stuff.